Jump to content

Lightless Beacon on Roll20


Recommended Posts

Just wanted to say that the Roll20 version of Lightless Beacon is a delight to run via Roll20. That Roll20 native version is an excellent translation. I've reintroduced a few old friends and players to CoC this past week using it, and have some sessions coming up for more.

I took the time to build a small playlist - mainly weather effects, and the result of being able to have the wind, rain and thunder running as needed in the background really added a great touch. Bonus points that no one can see the Keeper cue said thunder (but one Player jumped!).

Ditto - the presentation of handouts and props is seamless and rich (images and text-only).

Super easy Keeping.  This long time Keeper is very satisfied.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1000buffalo said:

Just wanted to say that the Roll20 version of Lightless Beacon is a delight to run via Roll20. That Roll20 native version is an excellent translation. I've reintroduced a few old friends and players to CoC this past week using it, and have some sessions coming up for more.

I took the time to build a small playlist - mainly weather effects, and the result of being able to have the wind, rain and thunder running as needed in the background really added a great touch. Bonus points that no one can see the Keeper cue said thunder (but one Player jumped!).

Ditto - the presentation of handouts and props is seamless and rich (images and text-only).

Super easy Keeping.  This long time Keeper is very satisfied.

I'm running my first Fantasy Grounds (Unity client) session this evening for my players - Blackwater Creek - due to the current social distancing policy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything went relatively well with my first online tabletop gaming session. Fantasy Grounds Unity impressed everyone with its features (e.g., FGU does all of the roll calculations for you and displays them onscreen) and all of the assets needed to run a Blackwater Creek scenario were available on the platform and could be shared with the players. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to upload a VLC or other format audio file to Fantasy Grounds Unity and play the content for the Investigators? I found these audio recordings with music of the Blackwater Creek Handouts (#1 - #6) and I want to use them during our online sessions. If not FGU, does Discord or Skype have this feature?

Blackwater Creek Audio with Music

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Chaosium get the Starter Set scenarios (Alone Against the Flames, Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness, and Dead Man Stomp) as well as The Lightless Beacon onto Fantasy Grounds as modules? As of now, these scenarios are only available on Roll20. Fantasy Grounds has a much better selection of CoC gaming material than Roll20 as well as probably being the better online tabletop platform, so I would only like to use FG going forward if possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Can Chaosium get the Starter Set scenarios (Alone Against the Flames, Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness, and Dead Man Stomp) as well as The Lightless Beacon onto Fantasy Grounds as modules? As of now, these scenarios are only available on Roll20. Fantasy Grounds has a much better selection of CoC gaming material than Roll20 as well as probably being the better online tabletop platform, so I would only like to use FG going forward if possible.

Your question is better directed at the people at Fantasy Grounds, who determine what content they provide and so on. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Can Chaosium get the Starter Set scenarios (Alone Against the Flames, Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness, and Dead Man Stomp) as well as The Lightless Beacon onto Fantasy Grounds as modules? As of now, these scenarios are only available on Roll20. Fantasy Grounds has a much better selection of CoC gaming material than Roll20 as well as probably being the better online tabletop platform, so I would only like to use FG going forward if possible.

Wow - they sure do have a deeper CoC line-up at Fantasy Grounds. May have to drop an email to Roll20 now ... ;)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1000buffalo said:

Wow - they sure do have a deeper CoC line-up at Fantasy Grounds. May have to drop an email to Roll20 now ... ;)

Yes, there is so much more over at Fantasy Grounds - even the Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign! Fantasy Grounds support replied to my e-mail just now and said that they will look into getting the aforementioned scenarios onto their platform. I would really like to run "Edge of Darkness" as a virtual event...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy Grounds support followed up just now, after their initial reply:

"Hello Matt,

It looks like they are all part of the Coc6E ruleset purchase. Any module written for 6E will be able to be loaded and used within CoC 7E. They will perform an automatic conversion within CoC 7E.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=DGA070  

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Doug Davison
SmiteWorks USA, LLC"

I answered Mr. Davison and told him that only two of the four scenarios from the Starter Set are in the 6E ruleset module on Fantasy Grounds: "Four complete ready-to-play adventure scenarios: The Haunting, Edge of Darkness, The Madman, and Dead Man Stomp."

I've never heard of "The Madman" before. But this is very good, I will be able to run Edge of Darkness on Fantasy Grounds Unity.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...