Just how expansive will the Gods Of Glorantha guide be?

redmoongoddess

We haven't decided on the exact number of books the Gods of Glorantha manuscript will be divided into, but it could end up being two or three books, each around 200-350 pages each. We try to keep book page counts to 256 pages or less. Very large books suffer from spine fatigue/failure. We tend to price a 256 page book at $45. As for having it all in a slipcase, that is the general intent, although the GoG volumes will almost certainly be sold separately too. They will be divided thematically.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

41 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

We haven't decided on the exact number of books the Gods of Glorantha manuscript will be divided into...  They will be divided thematically.

🤯

waitwaitWHAT??!?

I had thought a 2nd volume was a firm decision once the god-count got over 70 or so... but a THIRD volume?

Still... TYVM, Rick.  Living up to your .sig (as usual).

Vol's I & II (and III if it rolls out at part of the 100-Gods list Jeff has previously presented) will certainly be must-buy volumes for me!

C'es ne pas un .sig

13 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

We haven't decided on the exact number of books the Gods of Glorantha manuscript will be divided into

As long as it's still this year, I don't mind.

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:20 PM, Rick Meints said:

We haven't decided on the exact number of books the Gods of Glorantha manuscript will be divided into, but it could end up being two or three books, each around 200-350 pages each.

Holy good gods!   That's almost absurd overkill......or completionist!   Sometimes I forget that this is a setting as much as a game background.  However all the various cults will help tons Gm'ing areas other than Sartar and Pavis/Prax.  Just be sure to include some type of regionality and popularity as a guide.  Sheesh!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, Dissolv said:

Holy good gods!   That's almost absurd overkill......or completionist!   Sometimes I forget that this is a setting as much as a game background.  However all the various cults will help tons Gm'ing areas other than Sartar and Pavis/Prax.  Just be sure to include some type of regionality and popularity as a guide.  Sheesh!

And the funny thing, it isn’t complete!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

And the funny thing, it isn’t complete!

Dunno 'bout you, Bill, but... I'm not laughing.  (frothing at the mouth for more! more! more! maybe... but not laughing)*

*  until I actually get my hands on it, of course... then the mad cackling with glee shall commence.

C'es ne pas un .sig