Jump to content
coffeemancer

Several lore questions

Recommended Posts

On 3/31/2020 at 12:19 AM, jajagappa said:

The Lismelder are pro-Lunar.

Them's fighting words. (The Lismelder are listed as a Free Tribe in Barbarian Adventures)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, coffeemancer said:

I admit it, I am a børk

 

...?

 

you  wear a swan  to awards ceremonies???!?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Them's fighting words. (The Lismelder are listed as a Free Tribe in Barbarian Adventures)

The Lismelder are primarily Humakti, and Humakt isn't hostile to the Lunars, only to Yanafal Ta'arnils.  If the Lunars were able to keep Delecti off their backs, I think the Lismelders would be pro-Lunar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darius West said:

The Lismelder are primarily Humakti, and Humakt isn't hostile to the Lunars, only to Yanafal Ta'arnils.  If the Lunars were able to keep Delecti off their backs, I think the Lismelders would be pro-Lunar.

You might have forgotten (or never known) that I played in the original Greydog Campaign back in the nineties, and pay keen attention to my old stamping-grounds. The idea that the Lismelder tribe is pro-Lunar isn’t supported by any source I’m familiar with. And they’re included in the most comprehensive list of anti-Lunar tribes ever drawn up.

But YGWV, and I’m cool with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

No, that's a Bjork. He's the outermost layer of the trunk, stem or root of a woody plant.

no, that is Bark (which is worse than tje bite)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Them's fighting words. (The Lismelder are listed as a Free Tribe in Barbarian Adventures)

I meant Locaem, and apparently my fingers decided to write Lismelder! 😜

(Or perhaps the Orlmarth clan leaders from my campaign cast a spell upon me while typing?)

Edited by jajagappa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, Nick Brooke said:

You might have forgotten (or never known) that I played in the original Greydog Campaign back in the nineties, and pay keen attention to my old stamping-grounds. The idea that the Lismelder tribe is pro-Lunar isn’t supported by any source I’m familiar with. And they’re included in the most comprehensive list of anti-Lunar tribes ever drawn up.

But YGWV, and I’m cool with that.

Yeah, that's fair.  Nobody wants their tribe to be quislings.  In fact, when you get down to it, the main culprits are likely to be the Colymar, whose King Blackmoor was definitely a Lunar sympathizer.  Of course things change, and with Leika taking charge the politics of the Colymar swung back the other way.

On a related note, there seems to be considerable evidence that plenty of Sable Riders went pro-Whitebull, but nothing to suggest what the breakdown of numbers was in the overall tribe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darius West said:

Nobody wants their tribe to be quislings.  In fact, when you get down to it, the main culprits are likely to be the Colymar, whose King Blackmoor was definitely a Lunar sympathizer.

As I noted above, didn't help that I wrote "Lismelder" when I meant to say "Locaem"! 

But, yes, certainly some Lunar sympathizers among Blackmoor's allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

Sauce?

the fandom wiki tbh.

it can be useful for getting a simple grip on the timeline but it is woefully lacking in detail

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coffeemancer said:

the fandom wiki tbh.

it can be useful for getting a simple grip on the timeline but it is woefully lacking in detail

(shrug)

We know she is killed in battle in 1626, so that's obviously bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick Brooke said:

(shrug)

We know she is killed in battle in 1626, so that's obviously bollocks.

yeah, Thats what I figured.

Unrelated, but why are everyone in sartar so ready to unify behind Argrath but refuse to give Leika the time of day? is it just because Argrath has relation to Sartar, the person?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coffeemancer said:

Unrelated, but why are everyone in sartar so ready to unify behind Argrath but refuse to give Leika the time of day? is it just because Argrath has relation to Sartar, the person?

I think so. Leika could lead the Greater Colymar Tribe (plus misc. allies and hangers-on), but she can't ever be the legit heir to the Kingdom of Sartar, and Argrath can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, coffeemancer said:

Unrelated, but why are everyone in sartar so ready to unify behind Argrath but refuse to give Leika the time of day?

She's tried to reinvent herself as a serious artist, but sadly no-one forgets her earlier Betty Ballista years...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, coffeemancer said:

Unrelated, but why are everyone in sartar so ready to unify behind Argrath but refuse to give Leika the time of day? is it just because Argrath has relation to Sartar, the person?

Argrath is descended from Sartar (or at least has the done the appropriate steps to effectively prove he is) - Leika isn't. That's one thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, coffeemancer said:

...

Unrelated, but why are everyone in sartar so ready to unify behind Argrath but refuse to give Leika the time of day? is it just because Argrath has relation to Sartar, the person?

There may be a completely un-idealistic component to it, too:  Argrath comes into Sartar with a great big honkin' army from Prax, with his White Bull society.  If Sartar unifies behind him, then they get all the unified Sartar that Leika could possibly field, PLUS that Praxian army (with all that Sweet Stormbull violence!) and Yummy exotic White Bull magic.

So the traditionalists, and those who hew to the ideals of lineage, get to chant "Sartar!  Sartar!  Sartar!"  And the realpolitik crew get to look at their suddenly-MUCH-bigger-army, shrug and say "I'll chant whatever you want, as long as these guys stay here to fight the Lunar Scum!"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Grievous said:

Argrath is descended from Sartar (or at least has the done the appropriate steps to effectively prove he is) - Leika isn't. That's one thing.

Argrath has a devoted personal warband of Praxian fanatics and funky Warlocks, and a working relationship with Harrek the Berserk's Wolf Pirates. He's looted pretty much every coastal region of Genertela and Pamaltela, knows secrets of the Giants and Dragons, and can access all the wealth and secrets of Old Pavis.

Leika has... you lot, basically. The most deliberately backward tribe in the heartland of Sartar, existing in self-imposed quarantine from the power structures of the kingdom: no Royal Roads, no City Rings. (Quite a nice little whorehouse on one of the B-roads, I'm told, and the microbreweries are good)

So that's another. 

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick Brooke said:

Argrath has a devoted personal warband of Praxian fanatics and funky Warlocks, and a working relationship with Harrek the Berserk's Wolf Pirates. He's looted pretty much every coastal region of Genertela and Pamaltela, knows secrets of the Giants and Dragons, and can access to all the wealth and secrets of Old Pavis.

Leika has... you lot, basically. The most deliberately backward tribe in the heartland of Sartar, existing in self-imposed quarantine from the power structures of the kingdom: no Royal roads, no City Rings. (Quite a nice little whorehouse on one of the B-roads, I'm told, and the microbreweries are good)

So that's another. 

but we should also consider that Argrath is probably 5 different people

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coffeemancer said:

but we should also consider that Argrath is probably 5 different people

At this point, we know his shoe size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Grievous said:

Argrath is descended from Sartar (or at least has the done the appropriate steps to effectively prove he is) - Leika isn't. That's one thing.

it seems a bit odd to me that the sartarites would be so obsessed with geneology but then again this is the slavekeeping followers of the god of freedom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 9:08 PM, Darius West said:

On a related note, there seems to be considerable evidence that plenty of Sable Riders went pro-Whitebull, but nothing to suggest what the breakdown of numbers was in the overall tribe.

Depending on your view point, the Sable Tribe had a complex political issue when the Lunars were around. 2/5s were pro, 2/5s were conservative and 1/5 neutral. In the aftermath of Moonbroth II 2/5s were effectively eliminated. The remaining 3/5 were protected from most (misplaced) retribution by the most respected elder or by joining Argrath.The tribal Khan sensibly supported Argrath. White Bull members are roughly a third of adults (based on upcoming CoG cult distribution figures).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...