Updated 17 October: Jonstown Compendium Scenarios & Sourcebooks

My index to all the RuneQuest scenarios, HeroQuest scenarios, Gloranthan sourcebooks, Monsters of the Month, Virtual Tabletop Tokens and indeed everything else on the Jonstown Compendium, inc. an analysis of page counts (split between scenario, stats, setting, maps, etc.), characters, settings and complexity, a best-sellers chart and a map showing where every scenario is located. Currently 35 pages long, yours for the low, low price of 50 cents. Updated regularly. Link: Jonstown Compendium Scenarios & Sourcebooks
image.png.8821f99ecbe0f7544b2d4cb654a43d38.png

Edited by Nick Brooke
Updated version now available
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My index to all the RuneQuest scenarios, HeroQuest scenarios, Gloranthan sourcebooks, Monsters of the Month, Virtual Tabletop Tokens and indeed everything else on the Jonstown Compendium, inc. an anal

I have about 36,000 words of my Black Spear epic mini-campaign thing written: it's past half-way. (Dangerford was about 11,000 words, plus 6,000 in unrelated appendices and 1,000 of doggerel verse). P

What, this little thing? No, that would be ridiculous. Profound thanks to Andre Jarosch, Michael O'Brien and Darya Makarava, for all sorts of reasons. Not forgetting the indefatigable Gosci

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Updated to include today's Humakt, Raven & Wolf and add a price-per-page comparison for every product covered. If you bought it already, the new version is now in your Library.

Cost per page: Bargain = up to 15 cents, Average = 15 to 30 cents, Premium = more than 30 cents. Page count used excludes any covers / credits / ToCs / adverts / blanks.

Edited by Nick Brooke
Posted (edited)
Updated to include Whitestone Ruins, with new appendices covering Gloranthan Sourcebooks and Dario Corallo's Virtual Tabletop Tokens.
Where possible, entries summarise review & rating info from the DriveThru site and/or Reviews from R'lyeh, and there are also links to the main review websites (Pookie & ALM). If you like something you've bought, please consider leaving a rating and/or a review on DriveThruRPG - authors love getting feedback!
Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Updated to include Six Seasons in Sartar and Elgar's Blade, with ratings, reviews and medals refreshed for older books. The index is now 13 pages long, and still only 50 cents. If you bought it previously, you'll find the updated version in your Library on DriveThruRPG.

Please remember to leave ratings and/or reviews for all your favourite purchases from the Jonstown Compendium: it's the best way to thank the authors. (You can leave a rating 24 hours after buying any title, and can update it with a review afterwards, whenever you have the time)

Edited by Nick Brooke

What, this little thing? No, that would be ridiculous.

image.thumb.png.a66c6b813471d85322a2fbfaf207b3a7.png

Profound thanks to Andre Jarosch, Michael O'Brien and Darya Makarava, for all sorts of reasons. Not forgetting the indefatigable Goscinny & Uderzo: "These Lunars are crazy!"

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Updated on 9 June to include Valley of Plenty, and retitled as the index now covers HeroQuest as well as RuneQuest.

NB: if there's a glut of HeroQuest content, I may have to stop covering both systems and let someone who plays HQ take up the slack: let's see how it goes.

Edited by Nick Brooke
Posted (edited)

Updated on 19 June to include John Wick's Blue Moon White Moon and a new page listing Everything Else (maps, colouring books, etc.), including some helpful links and advice for potential Jonstown Compendium contributors. Now 20 pages, still only 50 cents. The updated version will be in your DriveThruRPG library (top right menu bar when you're logged in).

Edited by Nick Brooke
8 minutes ago, Aprewett said:

I could get it to download, must be so popular it’s jammed up the system...

Sorry about that, @Aprewett -- DriveThruRPG seems to be flaky when a title has recently been updated. If you still can't download it later today (and you've tried flushing your browser cache, etc.), I suggest you contact their customer services people using the big red "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every web page. They'll sort you out: they're dead good. 

(I've heard from one other buyer who had a similar issue just after a previous update, and I believe that was also quickly sorted out -- at least, I've not heard back!)

• Like 1

OK, here's the thing. You have probably noticed that the Jonstown Compendium is doing rather well, which makes it challenging to keep this index completely up to date. So from now on I have decided to be less... pernickety about updating older products in the index.

I will do my best to keep information about reviews, ratings and best-seller medals updated for the 16 Hottest and 16 Newest titles on the webstore every time I refresh the index: this usually happens shortly after a new title is released.

Although information for older products may become dated (since I won’t be checking it as often), I will always be happy to update these or other details if an author contacts me and asks for a change – so if one of your titles goes Copper, Silver or Electrum, or gets a new review (on DriveThru or elsewhere), or picks up more five-star ratings, and you’d like that to be reflected in the index, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Posted (edited)

Blank page in one version (I hope that's gone now), and a nicer map at the back (check the circles w/ drop-shadows and in the key). Nothing major. -- Oh, also I'm trying to leave the current and previous versions up all the time, I'm getting the impression DTRPG isn't reliable if you take an old file down after uploading a new one and some customers get caught betwixt and between. Better to avoid that.

Edited by Nick Brooke

The blank page was because MS Word in its wisdom decided I wanted an "Section Break (Next Even Page)" instead of a "Section Break (Next Page)," for no particularly good reason. No great harm in a digital-only project, but worth nailing. The map upgrade was because the way I used to manage it was getting irritating, and I decided it was worth moving the whole thing into one file at my end, despite a slight speed-bump while setting it up. All behind-the-scenes crap, but I like the new version much better. Behold!  

image.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

The blank page was because MS Word in its wisdom decided I wanted an "Section Break (Next Even Page)" instead of a "Section Break (Next Page)," for no particularly good reason.

Yep, the joy of working with MS Word!  I know that well....

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

All behind-the-scenes crap, but I like the new version much better. Behold!  

All looking good!  

Btw, I for one am finding this a very useful short guide to the ever-growing JC content.  Your thoughts regarding new vs. older content make sense.  I definitely like having a quick glance at it to see what fits where and whether something I haven't acquired yet makes sense or not to get.

Just now, Nick Brooke said:

What can I say? They're good products.

I agree. <Says he watching frantic scribbling going on over in the Beer with Teeth art pits> 

• Haha 1
  • Nick Brooke changed the title to Updated 17 October: Jonstown Compendium Scenarios & Sourcebooks