Finalised 31 December: Jonstown Compendium Scenarios & Sourcebooks, 2020

Nick Brooke

My index to all the RuneQuest scenarios, HeroQuest scenarios, Gloranthan sourcebooks, Monsters of the Month, Virtual Tabletop Tokens and indeed everything else on the Jonstown Compendium, inc. an analysis of page counts (split between scenario, stats, setting, maps, etc.), characters, settings and complexity, a best-sellers chart and a map showing where every scenario is located. Currently 40 pages long, bundled with a spreadsheet listing JC products, yours for the low, low price of 50 cents. Updated regularly.
image.png.8821f99ecbe0f7544b2d4cb654a43d38.png

Edited by Nick Brooke
Final version now available
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Updated to include today's Humakt, Raven & Wolf and add a price-per-page comparison for every product covered. If you bought it already, the new version is now in your Library.

Cost per page: Bargain = up to 15 cents, Average = 15 to 30 cents, Premium = more than 30 cents. Page count used excludes any covers / credits / ToCs / adverts / blanks.

Edited by Nick Brooke

Updated to include Whitestone Ruins, with new appendices covering Gloranthan Sourcebooks and Dario Corallo's Virtual Tabletop Tokens.
Where possible, entries summarise review & rating info from the DriveThru site and/or Reviews from R'lyeh, and there are also links to the main review websites (Pookie & ALM). If you like something you've bought, please consider leaving a rating and/or a review on DriveThruRPG - authors love getting feedback!
Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1

Updated to include Six Seasons in Sartar and Elgar's Blade, with ratings, reviews and medals refreshed for older books. The index is now 13 pages long, and still only 50 cents. If you bought it previously, you'll find the updated version in your Library on DriveThruRPG.

Please remember to leave ratings and/or reviews for all your favourite purchases from the Jonstown Compendium: it's the best way to thank the authors. (You can leave a rating 24 hours after buying any title, and can update it with a review afterwards, whenever you have the time)

Edited by Nick Brooke

Updated to include Vinga's Ford, with ratings and reviews refreshed for older books. Now 14 pages + cover, and still only 50 cents.  If you bought it previously, you'll find the updated version in your Library on DriveThruRPG.

Edited by Nick Brooke

What, this little thing? No, that would be ridiculous.

image.thumb.png.a66c6b813471d85322a2fbfaf207b3a7.png

Profound thanks to Andre Jarosch, Michael O'Brien and Darya Makarava, for all sorts of reasons. Not forgetting the indefatigable Goscinny & Uderzo: "These Lunars are crazy!"

• Like 3

Updated on 9 June to include Valley of Plenty, and retitled as the index now covers HeroQuest as well as RuneQuest.

NB: if there's a glut of HeroQuest content, I may have to stop covering both systems and let someone who plays HQ take up the slack: let's see how it goes.

Edited by Nick Brooke

Updated on 19 June to include John Wick's Blue Moon White Moon and a new page listing Everything Else (maps, colouring books, etc.), including some helpful links and advice for potential Jonstown Compendium contributors. Now 20 pages, still only 50 cents. The updated version will be in your DriveThruRPG library (top right menu bar when you're logged in).

Edited by Nick Brooke

Updated on 26 June to include Secrets of Dorastor ($25.00 for 259 pages: that's more like it!)

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 2

OK, here's the thing. You have probably noticed that the Jonstown Compendium is doing rather well, which makes it challenging to keep this index completely up to date. So from now on I have decided to be less... pernickety about updating older products in the index.

I will do my best to keep information about reviews, ratings and best-seller medals updated for the 16 Hottest and 16 Newest titles on the webstore every time I refresh the index: this usually happens shortly after a new title is released.

Although information for older products may become dated (since I won’t be checking it as often), I will always be happy to update these or other details if an author contacts me and asks for a change – so if one of your titles goes Copper, Silver or Electrum, or gets a new review (on DriveThru or elsewhere), or picks up more five-star ratings, and you’d like that to be reflected in the index, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

The blank page was because MS Word in its wisdom decided I wanted an "Section Break (Next Even Page)" instead of a "Section Break (Next Page)," for no particularly good reason. No great harm in a digital-only project, but worth nailing. The map upgrade was because the way I used to manage it was getting irritating, and I decided it was worth moving the whole thing into one file at my end, despite a slight speed-bump while setting it up. All behind-the-scenes crap, but I like the new version much better. Behold!  

image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

The blank page was because MS Word in its wisdom decided I wanted an "Section Break (Next Even Page)" instead of a "Section Break (Next Page)," for no particularly good reason.

Yep, the joy of working with MS Word!  I know that well....

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

All behind-the-scenes crap, but I like the new version much better. Behold!  

All looking good!  

Btw, I for one am finding this a very useful short guide to the ever-growing JC content.  Your thoughts regarding new vs. older content make sense.  I definitely like having a quick glance at it to see what fits where and whether something I haven't acquired yet makes sense or not to get.

Updated on 29 June to include The Rostakori Clan, a nasty independent war clan of bad neighbours who worship Orlanth's violent and brutal nephews, the children of Valind.

Updated on 1 July to include Gloranthan Chaos 2 (more virtual tabletop tokens from Dario Corallo) and June's Monster of the Month: Petty Spirits by Austin Conrad.

Just updated for Tradition - Sandheart Volume Three by Jon Webb.

This scenario is just beautiful, it's pure Glorantha. You want a hero-questing dungeon-crawling police-procedural martial-arts siege situation, featuring weaponised bison, ninja raids, hot archival action and a hippy VW camper-rhino? Jon's got you covered.

Just updated for Heort's Legacy, also noting that Valley of Plenty is now available in print. (These are two HeroQuest titles that would be easy to use in a RuneQuest campaign)

• Thanks 2

Just updated for Paul Baker's work-in-progress Kralori Primer: 89 pages of background, character generation and short-form cults for Eastern campaigns, yours for just $4.00.

• Like 1

Just updated for Michael Paul O'Sullivan's scenario Remembering Caroman, previously only available to convention gamemasters via Chaosium's Cult of Chaos programme, now significantly revised and expanded for the Jonstown Compendium.

• Thanks 1

Just updated for the remastered edition of Jonathan Webb's Sandheart Volume One - Tales of the Sun County Militia. The book has grown from 39 to 103 pages, and is now lavishly illustrated throughout by Mark Baldwin, Ludovic Chabant and Kris Herbert. Bonus content includes four more pregenerated militia members, four pages of tedious disputes for the militia to investigate, and 19 pages of Sun County family history tables.  This is a free update to all previous customers: check your Library at DriveThruRPG, you'll find the new files there.

• Like 2

Just updated for Men of the West, Martin Helsdon's sequel to Armies & Enemies of Dragon Pass184 pages detailing Seshnela, Fronela, Ralios and Western Slontos. This book became the #1 best-selling title on DriveThruRPG on the day it was released -- not just in community content, it's outselling other companies' professionally produced RPG core rulebooks.

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Thanks 1