Monster of the Month #3 — Night of the Quacking Dead

Austin

FLEE! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES, FOR THE QUACKING DEAD HAVE COME!!
This month's installment of Monster of the Month is now live! Monster of the Month is a series of new bestiary entries for Chaosium's RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. In addition to statblocks and behavior, most entries include supplemental detail and advice for gamemasters and/or new adventurer options for players.

Night of the Quacking Dead is available here (affiliate link). It is designed to start you and your adventurers out on an adventure into the Upland Marsh, home of the infamous necromancer Delecti. This new bestiary entry includes:
  • Brief summary of the Upland Marsh
  • A scenario seed in which a new Sword of Humakt, Orlaventus Great-Bill, leads adventurers into the Upland Marsh
  • Description of three types of undead ducks—duck skeletons, duck zombies, and the awful duck goliath
  • Cover illustration sans logos, suitable for your coloring pleasure
Note: While this supplement can be used stand-alone, it is best used in conjunction with Chaosium's publication Wyrms Footnotes #15 and/or Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes.
Art by Emily Wetterich

Night of the Quacking cover.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

For those of you who have purchased Night of the Quacking Dead, or any other issue of my Monster of the Month series:

To celebrate the third month in a row that Monster of the Month has become a Copper Bestseller on DriveThruRPG, I've just uploaded a preview on DriveThruRPG of a forthcoming larger project, Treasures of Glorantha Volume One: Dragon Pass. This is a new, intermittent, series that provides magic treasures, secrets, and gamemaster advice to enrich your game of RuneQuest. The inaugural volume lays eyes on Dragon Pass and describes thirty magic items found throughout the region, plus three longer articles for player and gamemaster use.

The preview describes four items: the Bones of Luck & Death, Hippoi's Feather, Icola Seeds, and the dread (and stinky) Ompaga's Beard.

On DriveThruRPG, you should be able to find the preview in "Updated Titles" on your account under "My Library."

image.png.4d4cd6e4b0f7565fd899d3023da3b8ba.png

As always, thanks so much for your support. I'm utterly humbled that so many people are interested in these little supplements.

Edited by Crel
  • Thanks 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website