Humakt, Raven, and Wolf (Jonstown Compendium)

Puckohue

Humakt, Raven, and Wolf is a playable heroquest for RuneQuest : Roleplaying in Glorantha.
It is based on a Gloranthan myth by Ian Cooper, used by kind permission.
The heroquest can be performed in order to locate something that the adventurers need to find, be it a person or an object. One of the heroquesters must take on the role as Humakt.
This is a short (one session) scenario. The difficulty can be adjusted by the gamemaster by adding or removing combat opponents.

Featuring original (interior) art by Ludovic Chabant.

Humakt_Raven_and_Wolf-cover.png

Edited by Puckohue
affiliate link
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crel said:

mechanic in this for entering the heroquest

Thanks. I spent so many years fearing heroquests because of the lack of rules. Then I gamemastered Rites of Passage by Andrew Logan Montgomery and realized it didn't have to be complicated.

http://andrewloganmontgomery.blogspot.com/2018/06/rites-of-passage-adventure-for.html

• Like 1

I haven't had time to get to this, but rest assured, your work is both appreciated, and on my "to get" list.  🙂  

Runequest used to be easy to run because of the little adventure hooks and rumors that were laying around the various works.  Pendragon too, come to think of it.  We need more "handy" adventures, and we need more Heroquests, so double good on you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dissolv said:

used to be easy to run because of the little adventure hooks and rumors that were laying around the various works

There's quite a lot of them around still, if you ask me. The GM Screen Pack has them, and (almost) all of the old material is easy to use.

As to heroquesting I already mentioned my primary source of inspiration, but I've since found a copy of Enclosure #1 with quite down-to-earth descriptions of many heroquests. Rites of Passage and the stuff in Enclosure #1 (and "If You Go Down To The Woods" in TotRM#18) are the first playable heroquests I've ever read.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 3:26 AM, Dissolv said:

I haven't had time to get to this, but rest assured, your work is both appreciated, and on my "to get" list.  🙂  

Runequest used to be easy to run because of the little adventure hooks and rumors that were laying around the various works.  Pendragon too, come to think of it.  We need more "handy" adventures, and we need more Heroquests, so double good on you!

I just started a new campaign using River of Cradles for RQ3, it's fairly compatible. But definitely need more HeroQuests, and I'll be checking this one out very soon.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just ran this for one of our groups last Tuesday. (slight spoiler hint ahead) The impulsive, "ooh shiny" character gave in to temptation almost before the words were out of my mouth! Nice mechanics, though I might beef up the final battle a bit if I run it again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...