Valley of Plenty - back on sale!

jrutila

Glad it sounds interesting! We're aiming for a release later this month. So far our playtesters (our normal HQG group we drafted to help) has been having a lot of fun so we're hopeful. :D

We've got some surprises in store for the rest of the saga where we've drifted from canon we hope people like as well! Barring MORE crazy times we are hoping we can get book two out toward the end of the year to keep the ball rolling.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Inactive account.

One of our players is out next week so we'll have to wait another week to see how it goes. But here's hoping a new character isn't required. Although, I have ideas...I always have ideas. Should be good. It's not like said character winds up doing things without thinking or worrying about consequences and...yea. Gonna go work on that character idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Inactive account.

• 3 weeks later...

In smaller news, my character was saved! Although a god in a turnip did take a brief interest in her so I am not sure how that will go...

In bigger news, and more exciting, we've sent the draft of Valley of Plenty off to our proofreader. Once it is back from him it goes to our layout artist. We're hoping for a 2-3 week turnaround total, but it may be longer. The cover was delivered to us last week and it is amazing. :D So close, folks! 

• Like 2

Inactive account.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not the final cover, a few more tweaks to make, but here's the near complete cover for Valley of Plenty. Edits are complete. We've sent the book off to our layout guru and when she is done it gets a final round of edits and will be ready to go into your hands. :D If the cover isn't enough, here's a nice splash page peek as well. The "poor kid" in our playtest game has had quite the adventure. He's nearly started a feud by some PCs not thinking when daring him to do something. Typical kid stuff!

VoPCover.PNG

Youth Splash.PNG

• Like 7

Inactive account.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, y'all! Quick update! Dixie is rounding in on the finish line. Yay! It should definitely be worth the wait. Once we have the final layout from her we'll do a last proof of it.

Our intent (barring weirdness) is to release the pdf after the pod proof is accepted and we are just waiting for the proof of the pod to arrive for us to thumbs up. Which means about a 3 week lag (approximately) from pdf to pod release. We hope this makes it easier for those wanting pod to wait and get the pdf and pod together. We are going to shoot for releasing both at the same time for the remainder of the Saga, but make no promises. :D

• Like 2

Inactive account.

We've had a pdf proof last weekend from our layout artist. Dixie IS an artist. :D And I've done a final proof of it. We're waiting now for news from her on the corrections and the final version.

So close. I promise as soon as we have a finished product, we will be getting it into everyone's hands! Well, not everyone, but anyone who wants.

• Like 3

Inactive account.

Hi, I am in Australia, I would like to get the pod/PDF combo (assuming such), but I don’t want the pod shipping (assuming it’s US printed?) until after this virus thing settles down. I already have other gaming books coming from over seas and one appears lost.

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

DTRPG does shipping from the US and the UK. I don't know what shipping is like from the UK to Australia. It may be worse than from the US? I'm leaving it to you to know better. Sorry.

We will be offering a POD/PDF bundle. It is going to take about 3 weeks for the POD proof to reach us, assuming their staff give it a quick approval. We've experience with preparing print for DTRPG so don't anticipate problems, but one never knows. I believe if you order a PDF you can upgrade later by contacting DTRPG directly, but I don't know about time limits on such. For that you'd want to reach out to their customer service.

Inactive account.

4 minutes ago, JonL said:

You had me at Elmal.

You should like our version the Dundealos tribe, then. They are all about Elmal! We've also included a non-cannon cult for one of Elmal and Redalda's daughters, Andred. Andred is the goddess of justice, the blow wisely struck, and deferred victory. You'll learn a lot more about her in book 3, when her cult adjusts to the Dundealos' new circumstances in the Poljoni Marches.

• Like 1