jrutila

Valley of Plenty

8 hours ago, jrutila said:

https://dscarpenter.wordpress.com/2020/03/31/valley-of-plenty-heroquest-glorantha-campaign-book/

Interesting news, indeed! I have to say I got quite excited about the premise of this book.

Yes, agree - the premise seems to lend itself to HQG, and sets the stage for a longer campaign into adulthood.

• Like 1

Glad it sounds interesting! We're aiming for a release later this month. So far our playtesters (our normal HQG group we drafted to help) has been having a lot of fun so we're hopeful. :D

We've got some surprises in store for the rest of the saga where we've drifted from canon we hope people like as well! Barring MORE crazy times we are hoping we can get book two out toward the end of the year to keep the ball rolling.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This is really good stuff!

Unfortunately now I can't get that Witcher song out of my head now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its very clearly "Toss a coin to your.. writer.. wyter...." which fits better, both are appropriete?

But I am loving to see that this world is developed via the fans going out and diving into glorantha.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Minion1stClass said:

A bit of a spoiler. Adult initiation can be deadly. Just ask my character who is trapped in the underworld and with any luck will be rescued by the other Wildlings. :D 

Wait. your character got trapped in the underworld? WEll that's interesting a rescue mission should be attempted.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HeartQuintessence said:

WEll that's interesting a rescue mission should be attempted.

And hopefully get there before the character has drunk from the Well of Forgetfulness! 

• Like 2

One of our players is out next week so we'll have to wait another week to see how it goes. But here's hoping a new character isn't required. Although, I have ideas...I always have ideas. Should be good. It's not like said character winds up doing things without thinking or worrying about consequences and...yea. Gonna go work on that character idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In smaller news, my character was saved! Although a god in a turnip did take a brief interest in her so I am not sure how that will go...

In bigger news, and more exciting, we've sent the draft of Valley of Plenty off to our proofreader. Once it is back from him it goes to our layout artist. We're hoping for a 2-3 week turnaround total, but it may be longer. The cover was delivered to us last week and it is amazing. :D So close, folks! 

• Like 2

This is not the final cover, a few more tweaks to make, but here's the near complete cover for Valley of Plenty. Edits are complete. We've sent the book off to our layout guru and when she is done it gets a final round of edits and will be ready to go into your hands. :D If the cover isn't enough, here's a nice splash page peek as well. The "poor kid" in our playtest game has had quite the adventure. He's nearly started a feud by some PCs not thinking when daring him to do something. Typical kid stuff!

VoPCover.PNG

Youth Splash.PNG

• Like 7