Ashes of Blade & Bone APR2020 Update

Sean_RDP

Time for an update. I apologize for it being so much time passing.

We are still at work on the manuscript itself. My writing on it had to slow way down, though to be fair a year may have been ambitious on getting this done. Regardless, I hate making a promise and not delivering. Let me list some things we have accomplished.

Finalized the visual aspects of the magical language

Finalized character creation, in terms of the changes needed.

Finalized the look we want for the book.

Almost done the free First Look. It will reveal all the folk and their in game stats and how to create characters. In addition it will speak about the world in basic terms. I hope to have some art to put with it. Will also talk more ind depth about magic and maybe a wee few beasties. We have spent a lot of time on dragons and how their existence affects the lives of people as well as their place in religion and the environment.

We have talked about demons and elementals and how they will fit into the magic paradigm. Still working on that. Remember, mechanically we are not making many changes at all to how sorcery is done, but some of the details for world building will look different.

On the new news front, we are going to be doing an audio podcast of the playtest. More radio drama than actual play, but it will be an actual play. We may recruit some additional players. I have a few questions to ask Chaosium about that, but as long as it is all good,  So we hope this will be something all of you enjoy and help you get a feel for how we think the world will roll. Of course, to steal a phrase, your Ashes will vary. :) Which is one reason we are still committed to a blank slate land where GM's can set their own campaigns if they do not like the main play area.

I am not setting any time frames at this moment. We have a meeting today and then we shall see what time I have. I wold love to present something by the end of the month. Everyone has been supportive I want you all to see something.

Thank you! To the fans, to Chaosium. Everyone has been great so far. We are still on the road, even it is longer than I anticipated.

~SMH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/