Will there be a new Stormbringer or Elric! edition ?

Darkgael

8 hours ago, Jason D said:

My awareness of it came from a few posts on the Stormbringer/Elric RPGs Facebook group, where someone (whether an overenthusiastic fan or developer with Titam... it is hard to know) claimed that it was in the works.

Given the situation, that may have been speculative, premature, or magical thinking. 

Cool. It's seeems like the situation is embroiled enough that beyond a gentle poke to "whomever holds the rights", energy should be spent elsewhere. 

14 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Cool. It's seeems like the situation is embroiled enough that beyond a gentle poke to "whomever holds the rights", energy should be spent elsewhere. 

Definitely.

The only persons who knows what rights Titam holds are those that renewed their licence after Mongoose lost it, everything else is just pure speculation.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I searched for these posts on Facebook and couldn't find them. Either:

1- It was deleted because of ongoing negotiations (which is a really good thing).

2- I'm bad at internet searches. 🤪 (which is mostly a good thing)

Edited by Mat Mobile
Added that it was a good thing!

5 hours ago, Mat Mobile said:

I searched for these posts on Facebook and couldn't find them. Either:

1- It was deleted because of ongoing negotiations (which is a really good thing).

2- I'm bad at internet searches. 🤪 (which is mostly a good thing)

It was in one of the elric groups. Don't think he posts in the games one. I screen shotted it at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting posts. But it seems that the situation is quite convoluted:

There is:

1- Chaosium with whom  MM's agent is talking about a limited reissue of Stormbringer.

2- Other rpg companies who are developing games, with whom Chaosium should not compete directly.

3- Sombre Projets to whom MM gave rights to do a Mournblade game, but to whom the agent gave more rights than intended.

Ouch, for Sombre Projets ! Years ago I had read much more appreciative sounds from Moorcock about them. As a backer of their  Hawkmoon RPG crowdfunding I am slightly worried...

I hope that everything can be worked out and Sombre Projets can keep doing Mournblade and Hawkmoon in French while Chaosium reissues Stormbringer (hopefully in a not so limited fashion).

Edited by smiorgan
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2024 at 8:12 PM, joen said:

I would give my right arm to get a Stormbringer reissue. I won't hold my breathe though.

Same here. It's a pity.

It seems Sombre Projets is doing an English edition of Mournblade: provided it comes to fruition, it's a good game, but it's not exactly Stormbringer.

Edited by smiorgan
  • Like 1