Ask Jeff! RuneQuest design questions

Jeff

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

(ancient) Javelins need better quality wood, so better trees. The lighter the wood the further you can throw it. The straighter the javelin, the better you are able to spin it as you throw it (using an ankyle). The spin stabilization makes it more accurate, and adds distance. Often there's no metal or stone point on a javelin (changes the balance too), so the tip needs to be properly finished if not. I'm unsure whether if untipped they were fire hardened, but it would make sense, but adds more manufacturing time (cost).

Thank you, I have been trying to explain to folk that what they see as simple is not necessarily simple. A truly frustrating experience. Having a 20th century individual tell you that crafing x is simple does not carry a lot of gravitas with me. 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

11 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Thank you, I have been trying to explain to folk the what they see as simple is not necessarily simple. A truly frustrating experience. Having a 20th century individual tell you that crafing x is simple does not carry a lot of gravitas with me. 

Lord yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1