A sneak look inside the forthcoming THE PEGASUS PLATEAU...

MOB

6 hours ago, HeartQuintessence said:

WEll I might have to get this.. and the other book The smoking ruins.

Welcome to Chaosium.

They claim to make simple RPG products, but they lie!

I think they use crack cocaine in the manufacture.  Their products are addictive.

C'es ne pas un .sig

21 hours ago, HeartQuintessence said:

WEll I might have to get this.. and the other book The smoking ruins.

Certainly the Smoking ruins is a bunch of content. I've had weeks worth of play out of it so far and I havent touched half of it yet. I cant possibly comment on the next book as it's not out yet and I wrote some bits in it anyway so I'm biased. 

37 minutes ago, HeartQuintessence said:

My real problem is purchasing and no one to play with.

I'm currently playing in 3 RQ games, all of which are online. 🙂 Skype, Discord, Zoom or if you must Roll20 etc. There are plenty of online options. In these modern times it's easier to run sessions online so travel and childcare isn't a thing. 

This was true for me even before the current events. 

1 hour ago, Thaz said:

I'm currently playing in 3 RQ games, all of which are online. 🙂 Skype, Discord, Zoom or if you must Roll20 etc. There are plenty of online options. In these modern times it's easier to run sessions online so travel and childcare isn't a thing. 

This was true for me even before the current events. 

My problem is really no one to play with. Even with all those options most people want to play not run and Glorantha is a niche community, so much so that you have to educate people before they can run and they don't nessacerily want to do that.

I have had any luck finding a group. Lots of metaphorical radio silence. And I think the nicheness of my desire of play will limit me further.

2 minutes ago, HeartQuintessence said:

I have had any luck finding a group. Lots of metaphorical radio silence. And I think the nicheness of my desire of play will limit me further.

have you asked on the RQ or Glorantha FB groups? Much higher foot fall than here

Only recently "discovered" runequest. Absolutely love the core book slipcase set and impatiently awaiting my physical and pdf copies of the smoking ruins.

This book also looks lovely! Very excited for more material to devour, I assume that the print for this will be a fair ways out.

1 hour ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

I may well be wrong, but aren't Hippogriffs associated with fire?

Looks amazing though!

Hippogriffs should be Air/Fire, the skydome, sunsteeds...

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 5/5/2020 at 3:46 PM, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Also, in a work this long, please put in useful PDF Bookmarks for easier navigation.  Thanks!

On 5/6/2020 at 4:03 AM, GAZZA said:

IKR? I use Foxit Reader which allows me to create my own bookmarks,

For new products as standard, we hyperlink the Table of Contents, and Index. For the bookmarks, we normally include chapters, maps, tables and occasional subsections. For older products, these are being added where missing.

Not everyone uses bookmarking for quick navigation, some just use page numbers they've memorised or the search function (or just scroll until they find it). If you require a deeper level of bookmarking, I would certainly encourage you to add your own. Personally I tend to add bookmarks where needed as I go along, with some PDFs having a odd selection of pages I regularly reference, other with detailed hierarchical ones.

• Like 1