Savant1974

[Dragonsbane Entertainment] Announcing the Sabre RPG System

One question for Savant though.. I noticed some Talent are Professional Talent, i.e. you need the profession to acquire the talent...

how does one acquire a new profession?!

You choose a profession when you make your character and stick with it. The only "multi-class" option is the Prodigy/Magical Prodigy, which lets you take two spell systems/two technical skills. 

In earlier iterations of the system, there was the old Background/Career character build process which was far more freeform, but we found that most people had huge overlaps on skill sets. "Who has Mechanisms? (everyone puts up their hand). So What I ended up doing was going halfway between that and the Class system, so there's definitive 'lanes' of advancement and skill sets with much less overlap, without losing too much of that freeform nature. A Knight can still learn Mechanisms if they want, but that's hardly the focus of their abilities. :) 

Edited by Savant1974
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:05 PM, seneschal said:

So, would your promotional efforts be considered ... Sabre-rattling?  😃

No, I think @Savant1974 is brandishing.

The person "shaking down" the system, HE'S Sabre-rattling -- @Lloyd Dupont.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

I picked up the first edition ages ago and enjoyed it. I'll need to pick up the new version and see what's changed. It's good to see a fellow Aussie working on something this ambitious!

The use of the OGL is great - it means we can pick apart the system and use the bits we like...bwahaha!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1