Out Now in PDF & Print — Treasures of Glorantha

Crel

TREASURES OF GLORANTHA VOLUME ONE — DRAGON PASS

I'm excited to share that Treasures of Glorantha is now available Print On Demand! You don't even have to skin your own Aldryami to get a copy. If you're hungering for even more content after the recent wave of releases, I'm planning to release July's Monster of the Month tomorrow. His name's Dolorous Edd, and I love him.
Treasures of Glorantha is an irregular series from Akhelas providing magic treasures, secrets, and gamemaster advice to enrich your game of RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. This inaugural volume lays eyes on the core game region of Dragon Pass. It describes thirty magic items found throughout Dragon Pass, curated to provide exciting play opportunities for players and gamemasters alike.
In addition, this supplement has three articles delving into more detail relating to Gloranthan magic items:
  • Treasure Among the Orlanthi discusses different ways players and gamemasters might handle receiving and distributing treasure in their game through the cultural lens of the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass.
  • True Dragon's Blood explores the powers this exotic substance possesses—and the costs of wielding it.
  • Finally, Medicine Bundles describes a plethora of magical options for shaman and assistant shaman adventurers—especially those from the Wastelands of Prax.

WHAT DO THE REVIEWS SAY?

"Treasures of Glorantha: Volume One — Dragon Pass is a fantastic treatment of treasure in Dragon Pass, combining thoughtful and interesting essays on the subject with numerous relics to help the Game Master weave treasure into the fabric of her Glorantha campaign." — Matthew Pook, Reviews from R'lyeh
"If you like to spice your game with magical artefacts, this is the book for you (PLUNDER has been around for so long and been, well, plundered of everything)." — Herve C., customer review

image.png.4f9ae6d1a1140ba7d22f19c885030c49.png

Edited by Crel
Book is released! And on POD!
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

14 hours ago, kalidor said:

Nice image, which goddess is that?

I call her Yarisula, but she may have other names. She stands outside one of several entries to the Temple of the Multitudes, guarding the Great Stairway which descends into sacred Ezel. Those who wish to walk further down into the ravine must pass her, with their necks bent. Those who have committed crimes against the Earth are struck down with her axe.

If you're curious and want to know more, go check out Esrolia: Land of 10,000 Goddesses from the Stafford Library. It has a ten-page-ish description of the different temples at Ezel, and hints at some secrets. I've taken some creative liberties and alterations in developing the cover with the artist, as we all should! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

11 hours ago, Crel said:

She stands outside one of several entries to the Temple of the Multitudes, guarding the Great Stairway which descends into sacred Ezel. Those who wish to walk further down into the ravine must pass her, with their necks bent. Those who have committed crimes against the Earth are struck down with her axe.

Love the art!  Great image for Ezel.

• Like 1

Sasa Radivojevic (the cover artist on Treasures and The Throat of Winter) posted this over on FB, and I thought it was too funny to not share over here, for those who aren't in both places.

No photo description available.

Before and after!

This is why I need artists. :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crel said:

Sasa Radivojevic (the cover artist on Treasures and The Throat of Winter) posted this over on FB, and I thought it was too funny to not share over here, for those who aren't in both places.

The sketch is right on par with Greg's Gods Wall sketches in GRoY! 🙂

And it's a great cover illustration.  Makes me want to run scenarios that go to Ezel.

• Like 1

Volume One of Treasures of Glorantha came out a week ago. In that time, it's peaked at #5 on DriveThruRPG's "hottest content" list and earned a Silver bestseller medal.
2054280438_top5.png.d86518712af184188aba4744c5a1ec93.png
It's also still at the top of the community content list, and Glorantha's fills the whole top five! I'm flattered to be in such wonderful company.
THANK YOU! Thank you, everyone, for supporting all of us, and letting us continue to make cool stuff for the Jonstown Compendium.
As a small way to celebrate, I've decided to share a few more before & after comparisons of the art of Treasures, for your viewing "pleasure." Thanks again to all the artists who helped this project come vibrantly to life.
If you'd like to see more yourself, you can get Treasures of Glorantha here.
If you've already picked it up, I'd deeply appreciate it if you leave a rating or review. Let me know what I did well, and what I can improve on next time. :)
1542871029_atalanteapromo.jpg.72a4ee668b905be39d3feb7176150d05.jpg
656107043_hippoifeatherpromo.jpg.922f63c998559f89d636ce56660fca86.jpg
1025370490_lightofsartarpromo.jpg.3469fe0b94bdf9c860925043cfc0de7a.jpg
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you've read the latest Wind Whispers newsletter, you may know that Treasures of Glorantha: Volume One — Dragon Pass will soon be coming to Print on Demand! It managed to sneak in before the new Electrum sales requirement was instituted ;). I don't have an exact timeline yet, but the final files have been at the printer's for over a week. Once I've received and approved a printer's proof, it will go live.

REVIEWS!

"... a fantastic treatment of treasure in Dragon Pass, combining thoughtful and interesting essays on the subject with numerous relics to help the Game Master weave treasure into the fabric of her Glorantha campaign." — Pookie, Reviews from R'lyeh

"If you like to spice your game with magical artefacts, this is the book for you (PLUNDER has been around for so long and been, well, plundered of everything)." — Herve C.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/317421/Treasures-of-Glorantha-V1--Dragon-Pass?affiliate_id=546342

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I'm very excited to share that Treasures of Glorantha Volume One has earned its Electrum bestseller medal!

Many thanks to everyone who's picked it up thus far. If you'd like to see what the fuss is about, you can pick up a copy yourself in PDF or Print On Demand here. If you've already purchased Treasures, I'd love to hear what you think. Ratings are wonderful support, and reviews are a great way to give me feedback for the next one.

Once again, thank you.

649505860_treasureselectrum.jpg.513d152f08216f740d534ffbfa2032cd.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Holiday cash burning a hole in your pocket? Neglected to get something for your penniless adventurers? Treasures of Glorantha has plenty of plunder to reward them with! On sale now at the Jonstown Compendium (but only if you use this link). This discount's only good for a few days—if you want to take advantage, do so now.

treasures $10.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We're in the last few days of DriveThruRPG's annual GM's Day Sale. Lots of great stuff on the Jonstown Compendium has been marked down, including Treasures of Glorantha! If you've been waiting, now is a great time to check it out.

If you use this link, you can get the softcover on sale too! However, this discount will only be active until the end of the sale.

For those of you who already have Treasures, I'd be ever-so-grateful if you'd take thirty seconds to leave a rating, or five minutes to write a short review. Ratings and reviews really those of us creating content know what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong, and learn how to improve our craft. It really is very much appreciated.

1484173034_gmsday2021.png.1738a756bd0caded6a8d9dd9a2ee54c4.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm super excited, because Treasures is getting damn close to its Gold medal!

As it's just nine sales away, I've decided to put together a promo code for nine copies of the Print On Demand edition: http://tiny.cc/treasures-gold

Here's to hoping it'll get over the edge soon!

As an added incentive when it hits Gold, I'll go ahead and share my current list of items slated to go into Volume Two. 😉 

• Like 4

And Gold!

image.png.97bc2a2bf54705bf373bce389e83f19f.png

As promised, I'll put together a preview article for Volume 2. The volume's theme is "Relics from the Second Age." I've got a fair amount of bits and bobs done on that, and it'll be fun to go through my notes and start brushing off the dust. Expect that preview article to be out on Friday.

• Like 6

The preview of Volume 2 is currently up on my site.

No promises of a release target. I'm almost done with the first draft of a new adventure (much, much shorter than To Hunt a God), and will probably intend for Treasures 2 to be my next Jonstown project after that. But I'll probably have non-Glorantha work to get done in the interim.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, Crel said:

Re: Dragonbreaker: getting awakened by bagpipe music at four in the morning sounds like a training method to me. Usually followed by a four hour warm-up exercise (running up that hill etc.) before the sword is even drawn.

Telling how it is excessive verbis