Mansions of Madness returns in a new edition

MOB

Who knows what happens behind closed doors?

Out now in PDF - two fully updated and revised CALL OF CTHULHU classics, along with three brand new adventures, and all can be played as standalone adventures, used as sidetracks for ongoing campaigns, or strung together to form a mini-campaign spanning the 1920s.

Includes updated and revised versions of classic Call of Cthulhu scenarios Mister Corbitt and The Crack’d and Crook’d Manse, plus brand new scenarios The Code, The House of Memphis, and The Nineteenth Hole.

Buy the PDF from Chaosium.com now, get the full price of the PDF off the full-color hardback when it is released later in the year:

https://www.chaosium.com/mansions-of-madness-vol-1-behind-closed-doors-pdf

Mansions_of_Madness_-_Front_Cover_-_700x900_-_PDF__19710.1587485891_500_659.jpg.2ba68c6bd9ce00add61713df34bb7166.jpg

1293671228_MansionsofMadnessBackCover.thumb.png.2962348556117ec0e023bb28b84c2122.png

Also available at DriveThruRPG.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

What a spectacular surprise. Mansions of Madness is one of the most well-regarded classic scenario collections. It is one of my personal favorites. "Exploring the big house" is a primal attraction to CoC for a lot of people. And I like the idea of splitting it into two collections with lots of new material. Veterans get updates and something new. Bravo Chaosium. You sneaky sneaksters.

Edited by klecser
  • Like 2

That release was indeed a surprise! I'm reading through Mr. Corbitt now and I love the whole thing. The writing, the artwork, the layout, the keeper advice and the maps! Well done Chaosium!

By the way during my initial skimming of the book, I've found some typos that I'd like to bring to the editors' attention. Can I post on this thread or use another one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MandilarasM said:

That release was indeed a surprise! I'm reading through Mr. Corbitt now and I love the whole thing. The writing, the artwork, the layout, the keeper advice and the maps! Well done Chaosium!

By the way during my initial skimming of the book, I've found some typos that I'd like to bring to the editors' attention. Can I post on this thread or use another one?

Thanks, please post any suggested corrections here:

• Like 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

I was gonna get the 2nd edition of this from Amazon when I saw the price was low but now I’m glad I held off. I don’t know how many volumes you plan on or if you have them all planned out yet, but if you plan on releasing two of the original adventures updated alongside new content with each volume, I suspect it’s three. If you haven’t completely planned out the future volumes yet, might I make a suggestion/request to have “The Westchester House” updated for 7th edition added to this series? I’d love to see that one get the 7th edition treatment and if any classic module deserves to be part of the “Mansions of Madness” it’s that one.

Edited by davewire
  • Like 2

Interesting timing for me, this release, as this week I prepped Crack’d and Crook’d from my copy of 2e to play tomorrow. To those who’ve seen the new version, is there anything that makes it worth grabbing now, like new handouts, a map of the manse grounds, additional/tidied up scenes, etc.? I’ve no doubt I’ll buy this volume, but I prefer to get it from my FLGS (with Bits & Mortar pdf) especially now times are tight, but I can’t do that until the physical copy is released. I’ll forgo that if it’s the update’s worth it. TIA

Edited by Cloud64

18 hours ago, Cloud64 said:

Interesting timing for me, this release, as this week I prepped Crack’d and Crook’d from my copy of 2e to play tomorrow. To those who’ve seen the new version, is there anything that makes it worth grabbing now, like new handouts, a map of the manse grounds, additional/tidied up scenes, etc.? I’ve no doubt I’ll buy this volume, but I prefer to get it from my FLGS (with Bits & Mortar pdf) especially now times are tight, but I can’t do that until the physical copy is released. I’ll forgo that if it’s the update’s worth it. TIA

There is a half page map of the manse grounds in the book as well as a full page devoted entirely to a map of the mansion. Both maps are in full color. There are also the more photorealistic illustrations of the dramatis personae that we’ve been getting in these 7E modules located at the beginning of the module with brief descriptions of each character. Each of the handouts have an official look to them. The letter looks like it was written on a typewriter, the articles look like they were clipped from a newspaper, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TedG said:

The text refers to pregenerated investigators. Are those available yet?

have a look at the download files again, they come in their own PDF which is separate from the main book, so should be there as a second download file.

Edited by 4Acrossisemu

• 1 month later...

Advance copies of Mansions of Madness have arrived from our Lithuanian printers – and wow, they look great!

1947241588_ImagefromiOS(83).thumb.jpg.cbcb6de9423628987c895df28cba650b.jpg

481749163_ImagefromiOS(85).thumb.jpg.3088d1ad83b32cfe3450a50ea6aa194d.jpg

Pandemic shipping schedules permitting, we should have these books available for purchase from our website in a couple of months. Meanwhile, remember if you buy the PDF, you'll get the full price of the PDF off the physical book when it is out.

• Like 6

• MOB unfeatured, featured and unpinned this topic

In the past, I've typically been a "physical media first" kind of buyer. But between this, the Malleus, and the new release of Does Love Forgive? I took the plunge and grabbed several items in PDF. I can't wait to dig into these, and I greatly appreciate that Chaosium will put the PDF purchase price toward the purchase of the physical volume. I'll definitely want to add these to my shelf!

• Like 2