Mansions Madness Corrections Thread

MOB

Page 99. The text under "T’challix, future denizens of Earth" reads as follows:

The T’challix are tall and strng. Basically humanod, they
have an etra pair of smaller rms under their pimary ones.
Theirheads resemble something between a snake, a lobster,
and a rhinoceros.

There are some letters that are missing. Unless I completely misunderstood the meaning, it should read like the text below. Missing characters are marked red and bold, while there is a space character missing between "Their" and "heads".

The T’challix are tall and strong. Basically humanoid, they
have an extra pair of smaller arms under their primary ones.
Their heads resemble something between a snake, a lobster,
and a rhinoceros.

Thanks MandilarasM

This is a weird one - I rechecked the master/original text and there are no mistakes in that paragraph. So it seems the missing letters occurred when the txt was transferred/converted to InDesign for layout. We'll get the corrections input.

If you do notice any other missing letters or typos, please post them here. 

On 5/6/2020 at 7:51 AM, MandilarasM said:

Page 99. The text under "T’challix, future denizens of Earth" reads as follows:

The T’challix are tall and strng. Basically humanod, they
have an etra pair of smaller rms under their pimary ones.
Theirheads resemble something between a snake, a lobster,
and a rhinoceros.

There are some letters that are missing. Unless I completely misunderstood the meaning, it should read like the text below. Missing characters are marked red and bold, while there is a space character missing between "Their" and "heads".

The T’challix are tall and strong. Basically humanoid, they
have an extra pair of smaller arms under their primary ones.
Their heads resemble something between a snake, a lobster,
and a rhinoceros.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:47 AM, Mike M said:

Thanks MandilarasM

This is a weird one - I rechecked the master/original text and there are no mistakes in that paragraph. So it seems the missing letters occurred when the txt was transferred/converted to InDesign for layout. We'll get the corrections input.

If you do notice any other missing letters or typos, please post them here. 

Just noticed, same page for the Temporal Fractal Entity’s entry:

“Little is known about these creatures. They are intellignt and communicat through some form oftelepathy, but teir wants and intentins are a complete mystery.”

Should read:

”Little is known about these creatures. They are intelligent and communicate through some form of telepathy, but their wants and intentions are a complete mystery.”

6 hours ago, davewire said:

Just noticed, same page for the Temporal Fractal Entity’s entry:

“Little is known about these creatures. They are intellignt and communicat through some form oftelepathy, but teir wants and intentins are a complete mystery.”

Should read:

”Little is known about these creatures. They are intelligent and communicate through some form of telepathy, but their wants and intentions are a complete mystery.”

Yes thanks - we caught that when that page was highlighted.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike M said:

Yes thanks - we caught that when that page was highlighted.

Cool, maybe there were just some temporal anomalies on that page, haha.

I think I spotted another one though on page 133.

There’s a bullet point at the top left which gives several page references. One says “(Meeting Hawkins, page @@)”. I think it’s supposed to say “(Meeting Hawkings, page 114)” or alternatively “(Meeting Harold Hawkings, page 114)”, although the latter is splitting hairs.

• 2 months later...

A very minor detail in the 1.2 version of the pdf file. 

Page 11. Left column. Second to last paragraph.

The word "sanity" in the sentence "The experience caused Corbitt to lose a large degree of his sanity and left him with a split personality and partial, somewhat selective, amnesia." has a 1 point smaller font that the rest of the document. It is visible with the naked eye and can also be verified by copying the text in a word processor like word.

Not an actual errata, just a little detail, but I'm going to mention it anyway.

Page 45, in the paragraph with the description of Hank and Edith Haggarty, it mentions that "Edith is a thin-faced individual with glasses".

The portrait of the couple in page 44, does not depict Edith wearing glasses.

One might argue that she is not having them on all the time, but my group actually asked me about it two days ago when I ran the scenario for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a couple.

In Mister Corbitt, under "Dramatis Personae", it directs you to page 13 for the Non-Player Characters section, but page 13 is the current page. It should probably say page 37.

Second thing is really little. In the Dramatis Personae of the Nineteenth Hole, next to the first picture on page 148, the caption (ie, the vertical writing) identifies the portrait as "Clint Davis". It should probably say "Donald Harrison Gilmour" - Clint Davis is from "the Code" scenario.

EDIT:

Just saw something else on the Nineteenth Hole (thinking of running this one lol). On page 157, the left block of text, there is a bit that goes like this:

The men started falling ill, many exhibiting ‘flu-like symptoms.

I'm not sure what that apostrophe is doing there, but I'm guessing it's supposed to be something like 'flu-like symptoms' or 'flu-like' symptoms. Plus maybe it should be a quotation mark? Not sure but seems a bit weird.

Edited by Envirobear2000
adding more
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I've started prepping to run a scenario from this volume (The Crack'd and Crook'd Manse) and was hoping to use the pre-generated characters.  Whoever created these clearly did not read the "Involving the Investigators" sections for any of the scenarios.  As it is, I found them all to be unusable, and I'm going to have to use the pre-gens from the updated Dead Light book.  I was a bit disappointed by that.