I'm running Monophobia to a newbie

Hi,

-- slight spoilers ahead --

The other day I started running the 1st scenario in Monophobia (3 scenarios for GM+1 player) to a player with almost no previous experience in Call of Cthulhu. We played over Roll20 (unlike the player, I had no previous experience with it) and I decided to set the scenario in 2018, in NY, and I'm using the 7th edition rules. We had fun, but it took longer than expected and we could only play half of the 1st scenario, right until the point when the player may think "Almost too easy?". I chose to close the session with a cliffhanger, so the last thing that happened was that the PC got a call from Franklin Quincey, desperately asking for help. The player then told me he definitely wasn't going to help Quincey. He would instead buy a flight ticket to go to the UK, in search of a lost book by Shakespeare. I supposed he's a bit scared, he he he...! He doesn't know what is coming...! 😈 I put an end to the session there. 

I'm looking forward to the next session to see if the player manages to have a happy ending. :)

Has anyone else run these scenarios?

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

Yep, I ran Robinson Gruesome in a One Shot for my oldest friend (know him from before kindergarten), like me a roleplaying veteran (whe started gaming together in 1983 and are still playing in the same group as the founding members). Great adventure, great fun. He even survived and managed to kill the Big Deepie ... barely.

I like the other secnarios, too, but hadn't had the chance to run them yet.

Edited by Der Rote Baron
  • Like 2