Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Hi,

My name is Frank Frey and I am a 59 year old employee of the University of South Florida here in Tampa. I've been in the RPG hobby now for 31 years and have written modules for Twilight 2000, Vampire; The Masquerade, and Cyberpunk:2020.

I've always enjoyed RQ and Call of Cthulhu. I've run several different campaigns using the Chaosium systems. My two favorites for just the sheer enjoyment of it were a Stormbringer/Call of Cthulhu crossover and a historical fantasy game set on the Island of Cyprus in 1050 AD. Any way, I'm glad to be among fellow BRP enthusiasts. I'm on both Myspace and Facebook so look me up. I'm under my own name.

Frank Frey

Hello BRP World,

What to say about myself? I started gaming in the late 1970’s and switched to RQ around 1979. I’ve been a big fan of what is now called BRP for longer then it has been called that, and as recently as three years ago I was running a BRP-derived zombie-apocalypse game. BRP has been my “go to” system for fast and easy mechanics since – well, forever. I’m very excited to see it coming back!

My only gaming credits to date (outside of a variety of fanzine-type articles) is the sleep mechanics for GURPS (basically, when I was in grad school one summer I got the idea that I should write something for a game and get it published – so I did).

When I’m not gaming I am a senior scientist at a “major Midwestern” biomedical research center.

Rich

Hello BRP World,

What to say about myself? I started gaming in the late 1970’s and switched to RQ around 1979. I’ve been a big fan of what is now called BRP for longer then it has been called that, and as recently as three years ago I was running a BRP-derived zombie-apocalypse game. BRP has been my “go to” system for fast and easy mechanics since – well, forever. I’m very excited to see it coming back!

My only gaming credits to date (outside of a variety of fanzine-type articles) is the sleep mechanics for GURPS (basically, when I was in grad school one summer I got the idea that I should write something for a game and get it published – so I did).

When I’m not gaming I am a senior scientist at a “major Midwestern” biomedical research center.

Rich

Welcome to the forum. Zombie apocalypse happens to be one of my most fave genres:thumb:

Hi,

My name is Frank Frey and I am a 59 year old employee of the University of South Florida here in Tampa. I've been in the RPG hobby now for 31 years and have written modules for Twilight 2000, Vampire; The Masquerade, and Cyberpunk:2020.

Frank Frey

Welcome to the forum Frank Frey! :)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Hi Trifletraxor,

I used D&D with a mix of Arduin rules. I, as a few here, admired BRP but didn't want to run Glorantha ( great world, but not for me). As to my campaign world, I've been developing it for around 20 years. It's a meduim level enviroment with a dosage of sci fi and high fantasy. Some of the things that have influenced me over the years are: Zothique, The Dreamlands, Hyberborea, Black Company novels, Fafherd and Grey Mouser, Lin Carter anthologies, Richard Corben comics, Samurai Films, Spaghetti Westerns, Horror Movies , National Geographic, and even the late night news.

New here. Just recently got into BRP and am currently running CoC with my group. I'm sold on the BRP system, wish I would have got into it sooner. Can't wait to get the new book!

Currently running CoC, but looking to delve into Cthulhu Dark Ages and Delta Green.

Plan to work on a Dune game when I get the BRP book. I've run several Dune rpgs in the past and it's a great world to play in.

Glad to be here.

Hey there Hound of Tindalos!

Welcome, MandaClaire!

Good to see some Call of Cthulhu Keepers/players here on the forums!

I'm having fun with the BRP rules doing lots of different things. Are you enjoying your Vikings game, MandaClaire?

Also, Hound, you might search the forums for "Dune" - I think there are people already working on a setting fan-document for this...

-pax-

Emerging from my Dark Age...

Hello

My name is John, I am a cartographer for HERO Games as well as holding down a semi-respectable day job and a third job "Corporate President". I own a Publishing company, Indalo Publishing, and once had a city magazine in Flint MI which is now defunct like so much else here. The good news is that my company is now ready and waiting for my true love (... as soon as I get around to it). I have been a gamer for 27 years now. I have a keen interest in Chaosium products, having played them for many years (one of the first systems I took up after D&D was Runequest). I have delusions of grandeur over my ability to produce gaming material (I co-wrote Stronghold for HERO) and would be happy to trade with any non-cartographer artists for works that we can publish in the future.

My name is Bryan, I'm a teacher. BRP is a follow on from RQ for me, via a lot of homebrew with bits of COC, WoW and a dash of Aftermath! (FGU).

My interest in the system is based on it being able to emulate the 'styles' I like to run games in, as opposed to genres - a toolkit is what I've been waiting for.

I've not had time to delve too deep yet, but from what I'm reading it will do Gritty and Low Cinematic (TV series level, if you know what I mean) quite well.

Greeting Publius and Drifter.

I own a Publishing company, Indalo Publishing, and once had a city magazine in Flint MI which is now defunct like so much else here.

Good to have someone else who uses their hand as a map here. It is a shame I live on the opposite coast of the mitten. My very first run-in with Runequest back in the eighties was with a group out of the Davison-Flint area.

294/420

Hi my name is Conrad and Runequest was the first fantasy game that I owned back in the 1980s.

I have played and run a reasonable amount of CoC and Stormbringer but currently no longer own any BRP games. I am hoping to get my hands on the new BRP softcover as soon as it is available in the UK.

I am thinking of an espionage game for BRP so will be interested to see what it can do.

I have fond memories of the BRP system with its sensible experience system and percentage based skills that people can easily relate to.

Looking forward to the adventure.

Hi guys. Just registered and having a nose around. Hopefully my sig speaks for itself. I'm very happy to see BRP the book being published at long last, and its nice to see fan support like this site as well. Hopefully this will be a renaissance of gaming for me as BRP was always my go-to system.

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since the Forum keeps pestering me politely with the recommendation to post in the Introductions thread, I figured i'd best do so, if for no other reason than to quiet it down...

Unlike many people I've met who got their role-playing start on some archaic version of D&D, I got mine on some archaic version of RuneQuest. I don't recall exactly when, but I think it was just a wee bit before 2nd edition came out. I've been a big fan of the BRP system since then, and while I too turned to D&D occasionally during RQ's quiescent periods, the BRP-based mechanics were always my favorite (and who could not love Stafford's intensely detailed world of Glorantha?). RuneQuest, ElfQuest, Ringworld, Superworld, Cthulhu. Heck, the writing in a lot of the Cthulhu stuff was so good, I'd buy them just to read them, even with no intention of every using them in an actual game. :-)

After Stafford and Chaosium parted ways, I never could get into the new 'narrative' RP system Stafford introduced for his world of Glorantha. Time went on, and I was initially overjoyed at the prospect of RQ being done by Mongoose. I had the book pre-ordered and everything, but as time went on, and more and more official snippets of info came out about their upcoming rendition, I realized that it just didn't 'feel' right to me, and so reluctantly abandoned it, cancelled my pre-order, and bided my time once again.

And now, here we are, with the BRP system revised and dolled up all nice and new! And while I haven't finished looking through my copy which arrived yesterday, it so far appears to be exactly what I want in my "new version" -- a clean system, updated and smoothed out, with new options but still retaining both the heart and the spirit of the original.

Having been a member of one of the playtest groups for D&D 4.0 and seen how that deviated from the 'feel' of D&D, I am very pleased that Chaosium didn't try something like that, and instead stuck to the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy when updating and revising their system.

My two lunars,

Steve M

Hey There,

I'm Yamil from the Hills of Pansalvania.

Been a looooong time since I checked out BRP. And I love what I see a straight forward, intuitive, well edited RPG book with which you can run almost any kind of game. Now I just need to meet gamers who play or are willing to learn it. And that's why I'm here.

Yamil,

Reading, PA :)