Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Grettings to all! I've been gaming since '81 with AD&D and quickly diversified to as many systems as I could get my grubby hands on. I got the boxed sets of Cthulhu and Pendragon for Xmas back in '85, but only got to play Cthulhu a few times over the years.

For most of the '90s I went into collector mode due to the lack of a gaming group. During that time, I picked up a ton of Chaosium stuff and was especially intrigued by Runequest 2nd.

In the 2000's, I finally hooked up with a solid gaming group. We play at least once a week and rotate GM duties every couple of years. The last game I ran was a Rolemaster campaign set in Hyboria. We just finished a Champions game last month and have been trying out D&D 4th (blech!).

For my next stint as GM, I plan on using BRP either in Hyboria or another gritty fantasy setting. I really like the modularity of the BRP system. From what I've read, it seems to avoid the issues that Rolemaster has, but is just as crunchy. Actually, I think Rolemaster copped quite a bit from Runequest as they share a lot of similarities.

I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you!

Hi.

Long time gamer from England here. I started playing back in 1980. I've played so much stuff that I can't rember it all.

Recently I have played D&D 3rd ed, CoC, Star frontiers, Conan (d20), Gurps Travellar and Starwars. Currently running D&D 3rd ed Greyhawk.

I'm working on a BRP conventional Post-Apocalypse game and longer term, on a BRP version of the 'Mortal Engines' books - for personal use.

No Gods - No Masters

Hello, I'm Ted. Registered on the site recently. Found this site from the Chaosium website.

I purchased BRP a few weeks ago. First Chaosium game I've ever owned.

Started RPing in 1982 with D&D. I've played numerous systems since then. Played CoC about 3 or 4 times(probably 6 sessions total). Played a truly bizarre, messed up Runequest one-shot adventure years ago.

Hello everyone,

I am new to your Forum, but not new to RPG games at all. Plus over the years I have actually purchased and played a number of these games that makes up this d100 system...I believe my first one was Elf Quest.

Now the way I find myself here is that in the recient years I collected alot of D&D v3.5 d20 stuff, and when WOC decided to move to D&D v4 I said to heck with them. Oh I have bought all the books for AD&D, D&D v2.5 (the best version), and D&D v3.5 but refuse to do it again for D&D v4.

I have also always loved and played Gamma World and Traveller. For a time I was going to convert all of my games/campaigns for D&D, Gamma World, and Traveller to use Hero Systems v5 Revised...thus using Fantasy Hero, Post - apocalyptic Hero, and Traveller Hero (1248 era). I was deep into my rebuild and conversion work when Hero Systems announced starting March of 2009 that they will be going from HS v5R to HS 6. I own everything HS v5R all 75 or so books and will buy the last remaining ones to come out, but will not move on to HS v6. Next I have always collected Traveller 'anything' over the years and with the release of Mongoose's Traveller...I have decided to stick with their version of the rules and have bought it all that they have put out so far. I feel Mongoose Pub is doing a awesome job and one should look at their other lines as well too.

That being said that leaves me with what I should do with my +25 yr old D&D and +25 yr old Gamma World campaigns? So I looked around at all the systems and just purchased the Basic Roleplaying d100 System book and wow what do I find but a ton of my own sytle House Rules. I was floored by what I found and have decided to make the move to convert to the d100 system. Many of the former books that have made up this system I have and absorbed many of the better rules and then tweaked them into my own House Rules. I am extremely pleased to join this forum and hope I can add to the knowledge here, and also gleen much from all of you.

I bow to all of you and look forward to being a part of you all.

Respectively yours,

Penn

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

Hi everyone,

I found out about this web site through the Mongoose forums. I am very pleased to join especially since I plan on getting the new big BRP book from Chaosium. I am an avid pen-and-paper gamer (it's the only way to do it! :thumb:) and I am always eager to try out new games. It should also be obvious that I am a big Elric fan! (Although I find the other Moorcock series very good, I always go back to the Young Kingdoms.)

Feel free to write to me!

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!

Hello "Dyvim Matt" ,

Glad to see more 'pen-and-paper gamers', do you also perfer 'printed' copies of your books like me too? Welcome to the board, and yes Elric is always been very much awesome!!!

Penn

Hi everyone,

I found out about this web site through the Mongoose forums. I am very pleased to join especially since I plan on getting the new big BRP book from Chaosium. I am an avid pen-and-paper gamer (it's the only way to do it! :thumb:) and I am always eager to try out new games. It should also be obvious that I am a big Elric fan! (Although I find the other Moorcock series very good, I always go back to the Young Kingdoms.)

Feel free to write to me!

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

Hello "Dyvim Matt" ,

Glad to see more 'pen-and-paper gamers', do you also perfer 'printed' copies of your books like me too? Welcome to the board, and yes Elric is always been very much awesome!!!

Penn

Oh yeah, print is the only way! I'll have none of that "keyboard-and-pixel" stuff, no thanks!:D

I'd rather boast of a cringing bookshelf than a full desktop. I'll even buy books just for the sake of having them just in case, although I won't necessarily play all of them (I'm looking at you, Ron Edward's Sorcerer!)

Cheers!

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

Another roleplayer from way back and an avid pen and paper rpger who prefers print over pdf and I heartily agree with the Lulu comment above. I am awaiting the new BRP book in the post and run Labyrinth Lord as I enjoy an older style of play over the newer incarnations of D&D, but I used to play the older BRP too and am eager to introduce a new BRP game based on an old homebrew world used for fantasy and science fiction.

Best,

Skarl

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest......Lord Dunsany

Responsible for: https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...

How rude of me... I just start posting stuff, no intro to Jeffery to be found!

I'm Jeffery Keown, Indianapolis native, cancer survivor (so far). I have 7 rescued cats, one adult son, an incredible gamer-girl at my side and a brand-new Toshiba laptop.

I first started, like many of you, with DnD. Way back in a magical time we called the 80's, I got Basic DnD for Christmas, 1982. I was 16. Here, at last was a way to tell the stories swirling around in my head!

After those first few faltering steps, I quickly discovered AD&D, Stormbringer, Traveller, Star Frontiers, and Champions. Lots of gaming ensued.

My own visions gelled as Caleon in 1988. It was Fantasy HERO at first, then GURPS. But somewhere in there, I looked back at Stormbringer. I tinkered a bit, but my players at the time were dedicated HERO-philes. After the Air Force experiment ended, it was GURPS full time.

There is a divorce and a dark twisty path followed here. But then the sun comes out...

We did GURPS forever, until HERO 5th Edition came out. That's where most of the development and writing showed up. The Meteoric Magic Item System of Doom, Beasts of Fantasy, Soulwind, Essence Channelling and my unnamed Undead Rules all had their origins in this era.

Then I spotted BRP in a thread on 4chan of all places. $80+ later, I've 2 copies of the book and spend my weekends translating FH to BRP.

Movies: Star Wars, Godfather

Politics: Obama

Occupation: Full-time Gamemaster/Dad/Boyfriend, part-time implementation/tech support for a small software company.

Favorite Planet: Jupiter

Diety of Choice: None

Computers: HP Desktop, Toshiba Laptop, 2 Dell PCs

Medical Status: I have been cured of my cancer, apparently. I have Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. A lung infection and cancer have left me a bit impoverished physically, but I think for a living, so it's not so bad.

STR 8

CON 8

SIZ 13

INT 14

POW 11

DEX 12

APP 11

Move: 4 (land) 0 (water)

Hit Points: 10

Damage Bonus: None

Armor: 6 - HERO 5th Edition Hardback

Attacks: None

Skills: Craft (40K Scratchbuilding) 75%, Art (Writing) 35%, English 70%, Science (various) 25%, Sense 20%, Stealth 25%

Powers: Jeffery has never studied magic, but posseses two mysterious abilities

Conversational Minefield: Jeff is likely to say anything if he thinks it will get him a laugh. Anything.

Engaging Personality: Despite being an arrogant, balding, clueless twit, people like him. It cannot be explained medically or scientifically.

Edited by jkeown
Medical Results!

STR 8

CON 8

SIZ 13

INT 14

POW 11

DEX 12

APP 11

Move: 4 (land) 0 (water)

Hit Points: 10

Damage Bonus: None

Armor: 6 - HERO 5th Edition Hardback

Attacks: None

Skills: Craft (40K Scratchbuilding) 75%, Art (Writing) 35%, English 70%, Science (various) 25%, Sense 20%, Stealth 25%

Powers: Jeffery has never studied magic, but posseses two mysterious abilities

Conversational Minefield: Jeff is likely to say anything if he thinks it will get him a laugh. Anything.

Engaging Personality: Despite being an arrogant, balding, clueless twit, people like him. It cannot be explained medically or scientifically.

The first ever introduction which includes stats!

Why didn't anyone think of this before? :shocked:

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm illucypher aka Tim. I found this place via the Chaosium links page.

Been gaming for 25+ years and like most started with D&D then moved onto RoleMaster from ICE.

Since I live in Shanghai, China, there is little to no chance of face-2-face gaming, but I still play using play-by-post.

Currently running Sang Sur Mes Dents a gothic horror pbp game using Call of Cthulhu as the rules set, over on rpgRM. The game is over 16 months old now and has nearly 3,000 posts, so going nicely :)

Just got BRP.pdf so slowly working my way through it and also keeping an eye on False Flags which is a BRP pbp game on rpgRM.

Glad I found you and I'll be popping back :D