Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

On 6/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, Malc said:

But the notion of running the classic RQ2 campaigns (Borderlands, Griffin Mountain, Pavis, Big Rubble) with RQG has finally got me making real efforts to get some time sorted and "just do it".  Seems I have more prospective players than I expected, so we'll see how it all goes...

Time is the eternal enemy! Good luck with putting a game together and welcome to the forums.

70/420

• 8 months later...

Hey folks.

Thought I would join up to enjoy the RQ/CoC discussion.  I've played for about 35 years now - my first game was RuneQuest and I still retain a love of it to this day.  I have a YouTube channel that some of you may have heard of - check it out if you get a chance.  I enjoy discussing Gloranthan mythology and Lovecraftian lore.

Bud

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bud's RPG review said:

Hey folks.

Thought I would join up to enjoy the RQ/CoC discussion.  I've played for about 35 years now - my first game was RuneQuest and I still retain a love of it to this day.  I have a YouTube channel that some of you may have heard of - check it out if you get a chance.  I enjoy discussing Gloranthan mythology and Lovecraftian lore.

Bud

Welcome on board. At least some of us will discuss everything, and then some...

Telling how it is excessive verbis

9 hours ago, Bud's RPG review said:

You are definitely in the right place if you like discussing lore. I hope you enjoy it here.

What is the link to your YouTube channel?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang! New guy here.

I have been a fan of the d100 system for quite some time, and am looking to start collecting some RQ books! Searching for the perfect edition to use for my homebrew world that I have been working on for a few years now. Though I find that a rather daunting task with all of the various editions out there. Still, it should be a fun quest!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better!

Edited by Grim Dork

5 hours ago, Grim Dork said:

Hey gang! New guy here.

I have been a fan of the d100 system for quite some time, and am looking to start collecting some RQ books! Searching for the perfect edition to use for my homebrew world that I have been working on for a few years now. Though I find that a rather daunting task with all of the various editions out there. Still, it should be a fun quest!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better!

Hello, Grim Dork, and welcome!

Did you want specifically a version of RuneQuest or will any of the "extended family" of d100/BRP games work equally well?

And what are your main criteria for preferring one over another?  We can probably help you narrow your search...  😉

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, g33k said:

Hello, Grim Dork, and welcome!

Did you want specifically a version of RuneQuest or will any of the "extended family" of d100/BRP games work equally well?

And what are your main criteria for preferring one over another?  We can probably help you narrow your search...  😉

I think any of the extended family will work! And I am looking for something that will support low-ish Magic. Think The Witcher style world, since that is kinda my inspiration for my setting!

9 hours ago, Grim Dork said:

I think any of the extended family will work! And I am looking for something that will support low-ish Magic. Think The Witcher style world, since that is kinda my inspiration for my setting!

Not to be disloyal to BRP or anything, but honesty compels me to point out that R.Tal has an existing Witcher game:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/witcher-trpg/

And in 3 months, the "Easy Mode" (quickstart) will be available free/cheap:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/the-witcher-trpg-easy-mode/

===

That said...  I'd look to some other (BRP based!) free Quickstart products.

BRP itself, and Magic World (both from Chaosium) have Quickstarts available (as does their new Runequest, but it's pretty darned embedded in Glorantha!)

TheDesignMechanism's Mythras has their "Mythras Imperative" intro-ruleset.

Alephtar's Revolution D100 has Conspiracy Theory.

Various SRD's and similar give you full rulesets, if you want to look at them; d101's OpenQuest, C&W's Renaissance, and more.

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Not to be disloyal to BRP or anything, but honesty compels me to point out that R.Tal has an existing Witcher game:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/witcher-trpg/

And in 3 months, the "Easy Mode" (quickstart) will be available free/cheap:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/the-witcher-trpg-easy-mode/

===

That said...  I'd look to some other (BRP based!) free Quickstart products.

BRP itself, and Magic World (both from Chaosium) have Quickstarts available (as does their new Runequest, but it's pretty darned embedded in Glorantha!)

TheDesignMechanism's Mythras has their "Mythras Imperative" intro-ruleset.

Alephtar's Revolution D100 has Conspiracy Theory.

Various SRD's and similar give you full rulesets, if you want to look at them; d101's OpenQuest, C&W's Renaissance, and more.

Many thanks for the info! I will for sure check them out!

And yes, I have taken a lot at R.Tal's Witcher game. And while I love the fact that they actually made one, it is just a bit to crunchy for my tastes!

I will for sure check out all the other stuff you mentioned. Many thanks again!

On 3/1/2019 at 4:46 AM, Bud's RPG review said:

Hey folks.

Bud

I love your channel Bud! Always informative!

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

On 3/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, Uqbarian said:

Thanks, rsanford! Is there somewhere I should be looking for the forum rules?

Um ...  Rules?

We don' need no steenkin' rules!

This is, after all, NOT the Orderium!  😉

I think just follow normal rules of politeness?  And legality; best not lay your RL lawbreaking plans here.

And... Uh... Chaosium has deemed the site it's "official" forum; but they are pretty darned busy, so don't rely on the forum to gain urgent attention.

Oh, and this is Triff's House, ultimately, @Trifletraxor, so when he speaks up, pay attention.

Um.  I ... guess? that's it ... 

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 4 months later...

Howdy folks!

A certain barbarian suggested I should stick my head 'round the door and introduce myself, so here I am. I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself. Some of what I'm about to tell you is classified under the Official Secrets Act and should not be shared with anyone outside this plane of existence.

I've been a role-player for over thirty years now, starting with RQ Classic back in the early-mid eighties (just after Games Workshop got the licence to print a UK edition) and since then I've logged a fair few miles in various gaming systems including D&D (BECMI, AD&D, 3.5 and 5e), Tunnels and Trolls, Dragon Warriors, Marvel Super Heroes, Golden Heroes, Judge Dredd, Paranoia, Traveller (in various guises), almost every shade of World of Darkness, Pendragon, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, Star Trek (FASA), RIFTS, GURPS, 13th Age, L5R, Serenity and a number of homegrown systems of varying quality - and that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I'm happy as DM or player, though I prefer to DM if I'm being entirely honest. I once ran a game of RQIII for my cat - he played a Minotaur.

My playing style (both as DM and player) tends to be character and story first, dice and mechanics second, and I tend to come down hard on rules lawyers and munchkins when they put themselves in my line of sight. Oh, and I'm definitely proud to be a grognard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, SNaomiScott said:

A certain barbarian suggested I should stick my head 'round the door and introduce myself, so here I am. I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself. Some of what I'm about to tell you is classified under the Official Secrets Act and should not be shared with anyone outside this plane of existence.

Ah you made it, good.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 8/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, SNaomiScott said:

Howdy folks!

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy the site, we all seem to do. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, by and large.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

16 hours ago, Christoph Kohring said:

There is a story worth telling there, I'm sure!?! As we say in french, you have either told us too much or not enough... 😇

Maybe one day I'll tell the tale. For now I'll just add that whenever I've run RQ since then there's always been that slight possibility the players would run into a Minotaur Storm Khan by the name of Tribble. 😊

2 minutes ago, SNaomiScott said:

Maybe one day I'll tell the tale. For now I'll just add that whenever I've run RQ since then there's always been that slight possibility the players would run into a Minotaur Storm Khan by the name of Tribble. 😊

I foresee a module called The Trouble With Tribble.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!