Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Hello everyone.

It's always nice to introduce yourself when registering to a forum.

I'm Yohann, a French RPGer who discovered our hobby at the end of the 80s and who started GMing with games like Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer, and Hawkmoon.

Nowadays, my interests lean much more toward more narrative games and systems, and to bring the focus back to Chaosium (as I don't think it's the right place to discuss other publishers and their non-BRP systems), I'm mainly interested in Glorantha and the HeroQuest rules.

I'm mostly gaming online in English, and sometimes face to face in French, mostly at conventions, or when my friends and I manage to find some time to meet.

In any case, I'm glad to be here.

Edited by Yohann
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, steamcraft said:

Hi, my name is Jamie Hardy and I am a game designer who probably should have come here years ago since I design percentile based games. 

Welcome aboard!

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am a Cult of Chaos Keeper whose been running a few Call of Cthulhu games at a FLGS with a small group.  I also play in another Call of Cthulhu game via Google Hangouts.

I am looking forward to running A Time to Harvest in the near future as well as an event at Gen Con this year under the Cult of Chaos flag.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am Liam. Longtime Cthulhu fan, sad to see Magic World is discontinued though I get why

Got into RPG's in the 80's with Red Box Basic D&D, Runequest and Call of Cthulhu. Played a large variety of system over the years, Never lost the love for Cthulhu. Currently playing Werewolf the Forsaken, will be running The Thin Blue Line (savage worlds horror game) though aim to hit them with Cthulhu next. Have applied to join the Cult of Chaos.

I have lurked on these forums for a fair while thought it was time to join and say hi

• Like 3

Guest Vile Traveller
On 10/23/2015 at 8:37 PM, Joerg said:

So here's an introduction of another newcomer to this site with a loaded history of activity in the RuneQuest and Glorantha community.

Haha, it's weird hearing you describe yourself as a newcomer in a place like this, Jörg!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am Hoj's wife. Not sure who needs to keep who in check here. Anyways, we both want to get involved in gaming here. while I have played a lot of MMORPG's and have a decent bit of experience with general RP groups online, my RPG experience has been limited, but not due to a lack of desire or interest. My husband however, does have the gaming experience. However, a little help getting started here would be highly appreciated.

• Like 2

Welcome you two.  I don't go as far back as you but my first and strongest D&D love is the Rules Cyclopedia.  Have you two any experience with BRP types of games?  They are typically percentile based and some of the big names in the field are Call of Cthulhu, Runequest and Stormbringer.  There is a thriving community of games around the D100.  It's mostly what we talk about here.  Look around and see what you like.

I've often thought there should be a play by post forum here although I will be the first to admit that I'm generally terrible at play by post.  

70/420

Welcome to this forum.

The BRP system is undergoing a time of transition and change at present, but this online community is very robust and healthy. Feel free to ask any questions, as there is a huge wealth of communal knowledge here. For the most part you'll find this site is one of the most civil forums on the web :)

Enjoy yourselves!

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 6 months later...

Hello! I've been on the forum for a little while but have not posted much. I've played many RuneQuest and many other rpg's since the early '80's. Glorantha was a strong and early influence on me and my game worlds, RuneQuest likewise influenced the houserules of other games I ran. I was very happy to see Chaosium, RuneQuest and Glorantha united and charging forward. I've really enjoyed reading the posts here on the forums and look forward to more.

Would anyone be able to tell me the best place on the forum to post looking for a game / GM / players ? 

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Howdy Bud.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, Bud said:

Would anyone be able to tell me the best place on the forum to post looking for a game / GM / players ? 

If I were you I'd post in one of the forums dedicated to the type of game you want to be a part of. BRP for general BRP, Runequest for that, etc.I don't know the extent of our online playing membership but you may get some interest, especially if you are hosting the game.

70/420

• 4 months later...

Hello! I’m new here, which is why I’m posting in this thread. I’m A long-time roleplayer - been playing since the late ‘70s, starting with original D&D, and moving on through a lot of classic games. Have always preferred fantasy to sci-fi - it’s hard, as a physicist, to ‘suspend disbelief’ in most sfrpgs, and it’s really hard not to spend one’s time analysing just how ‘it’ (whatever ‘it’ is) might work in the real world; worse still if your group contains more than one physicist (which t did for a long time). Traveller (LBB era) was a notable exception. I/we last played RuneQuest (3) in (I think) the late 1980s. It’s good to see it ‘back’ with Chaosium and linked once more with Glorantha - a setting I’ve long admired, but have never really ‘got to grips with’... Starting to rectify that - I’ve just read the Glorantha Sourcebook - though I have to confess that some of the extensive history made me glaze over a bit... I’ll return to read some of the more obscure bits when (if?) I need them for a game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Phil! These forum response are slow, but they are always pleasant.

Glorantha is a big place and so there's a lot to take in. Personally, I look for settings that are light on background. I prefer to not have to remember canon and make stuff up as I go along. That being said, I've stolen a ton of stuff from Glorantha. Boar Riders are just awesome, as are talking Baboons. Mello Yellow often makes his way into my games.

70/420

Hi All,

A (slightly belated) introduction to the site:  I'm Malc, and have been playing since (I think) 1976.  Among many, many other games, I've played and GM'd RuneQuest 2 and 3, Stormbringer, Call of Cthulhu and HeroQuest.  Currently feeling very excited about the new RuneQuest, which is why I joined here.

Sadly these days, work takes up too much of my time and energy for me to have as much time to actually play games as I'd like.  But the notion of running the classic RQ2 campaigns (Borderlands, Griffin Mountain, Pavis, Big Rubble) with RQG has finally got me making real efforts to get some time sorted and "just do it".  Seems I have more prospective players than I expected, so we'll see how it all goes...

Cheers!

• Like 2