Jump to content
Trifletraxor

Site Introductions

Recommended Posts

On 6/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, Malc said:

But the notion of running the classic RQ2 campaigns (Borderlands, Griffin Mountain, Pavis, Big Rubble) with RQG has finally got me making real efforts to get some time sorted and "just do it".  Seems I have more prospective players than I expected, so we'll see how it all goes...

Time is the eternal enemy! Good luck with putting a game together and welcome to the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks.

Thought I would join up to enjoy the RQ/CoC discussion.  I've played for about 35 years now - my first game was RuneQuest and I still retain a love of it to this day.  I have a YouTube channel that some of you may have heard of - check it out if you get a chance.  I enjoy discussing Gloranthan mythology and Lovecraftian lore.

 

Bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bud's RPG review said:

Hey folks.

Thought I would join up to enjoy the RQ/CoC discussion.  I've played for about 35 years now - my first game was RuneQuest and I still retain a love of it to this day.  I have a YouTube channel that some of you may have heard of - check it out if you get a chance.  I enjoy discussing Gloranthan mythology and Lovecraftian lore.

 

Bud

Welcome on board. At least some of us will discuss everything, and then some...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bud's RPG review said:

Thought I would join up to enjoy the RQ/CoC discussion.  I've played for about 35 years now - my first game was RuneQuest and I still retain a love of it to this day.  I have a YouTube channel that some of you may have heard of - check it out if you get a chance.  I enjoy discussing Gloranthan mythology and Lovecraftian lore.

You are definitely in the right place if you like discussing lore. I hope you enjoy it here.

What is the link to your YouTube channel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey gang! New guy here.

I have been a fan of the d100 system for quite some time, and am looking to start collecting some RQ books! Searching for the perfect edition to use for my homebrew world that I have been working on for a few years now. Though I find that a rather daunting task with all of the various editions out there. Still, it should be a fun quest!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better!

Edited by Grim Dork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grim Dork said:

Hey gang! New guy here.

I have been a fan of the d100 system for quite some time, and am looking to start collecting some RQ books! Searching for the perfect edition to use for my homebrew world that I have been working on for a few years now. Though I find that a rather daunting task with all of the various editions out there. Still, it should be a fun quest!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better!

Hello, Grim Dork, and welcome!

Did you want specifically a version of RuneQuest or will any of the "extended family" of d100/BRP games work equally well?

And what are your main criteria for preferring one over another?  We can probably help you narrow your search...  😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, g33k said:

Hello, Grim Dork, and welcome!

Did you want specifically a version of RuneQuest or will any of the "extended family" of d100/BRP games work equally well?

And what are your main criteria for preferring one over another?  We can probably help you narrow your search...  😉

I think any of the extended family will work! And I am looking for something that will support low-ish Magic. Think The Witcher style world, since that is kinda my inspiration for my setting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grim Dork said:

I think any of the extended family will work! And I am looking for something that will support low-ish Magic. Think The Witcher style world, since that is kinda my inspiration for my setting!

Not to be disloyal to BRP or anything, but honesty compels me to point out that R.Tal has an existing Witcher game:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/witcher-trpg/

And in 3 months, the "Easy Mode" (quickstart) will be available free/cheap:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/the-witcher-trpg-easy-mode/

===

That said...  I'd look to some other (BRP based!) free Quickstart products.

BRP itself, and Magic World (both from Chaosium) have Quickstarts available (as does their new Runequest, but it's pretty darned embedded in Glorantha!)

TheDesignMechanism's Mythras has their "Mythras Imperative" intro-ruleset.

Alephtar's Revolution D100 has Conspiracy Theory.

Various SRD's and similar give you full rulesets, if you want to look at them; d101's OpenQuest, C&W's Renaissance, and more.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g33k said:

Not to be disloyal to BRP or anything, but honesty compels me to point out that R.Tal has an existing Witcher game:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/witcher-trpg/

And in 3 months, the "Easy Mode" (quickstart) will be available free/cheap:

https://rtalsoriangames.com/the-witcher-trpg-easy-mode/

===

That said...  I'd look to some other (BRP based!) free Quickstart products.

BRP itself, and Magic World (both from Chaosium) have Quickstarts available (as does their new Runequest, but it's pretty darned embedded in Glorantha!)

TheDesignMechanism's Mythras has their "Mythras Imperative" intro-ruleset.

Alephtar's Revolution D100 has Conspiracy Theory.

Various SRD's and similar give you full rulesets, if you want to look at them; d101's OpenQuest, C&W's Renaissance, and more.

 

 

Many thanks for the info! I will for sure check them out!

And yes, I have taken a lot at R.Tal's Witcher game. And while I love the fact that they actually made one, it is just a bit to crunchy for my tastes!

I will for sure check out all the other stuff you mentioned. Many thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 4:46 AM, Bud's RPG review said:

Hey folks.

Thought I would join up to enjoy the RQ/CoC discussion.  I've played for about 35 years now - my first game was RuneQuest and I still retain a love of it to this day.  I have a YouTube channel that some of you may have heard of - check it out if you get a chance.  I enjoy discussing Gloranthan mythology and Lovecraftian lore.

 

Bud

I love your channel Bud! Always informative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, Uqbarian said:

Thanks, rsanford! Is there somewhere I should be looking for the forum rules?

Um ...  Rules?

We don' need no steenkin' rules!

This is, after all, NOT the Orderium!  😉

I think just follow normal rules of politeness?  And legality; best not lay your RL lawbreaking plans here.

And... Uh... Chaosium has deemed the site it's "official" forum; but they are pretty darned busy, so don't rely on the forum to gain urgent attention.

Oh, and this is Triff's House, ultimately, @Trifletraxor, so when he speaks up, pay attention.

Um.  I ... guess? that's it ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, g33k said:

Um ...  Rules?

We don' need no steenkin' rules!

This is, after all, NOT the Orderium!  😉 

Ha! :) Thanks for the advice, sounds good to me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...