Trifletraxor

Site Introductions

On 8/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, SNaomiScott said:

Howdy folks!

A certain barbarian suggested I should stick my head 'round the door and introduce myself, so here I am...

Hmmmmm.  "A certain barbarian" is seeming awfully well-socialized and law-abiding and... well... civilized these days.

Welcome to BRPCentral, in any case!   👍

But I'm having a hard time reconciling this...

... I once ran a game of RQIII for my cat - he played a Minotaur...

with this...

... I tend to come down hard on rules lawyers and munchkins when they put themselves in my line of sight...

I experience cats as being very rules-lawyer-y, with rules like  "I'ma sleep here now"  &  "oooo!  critical NPC/map/whatever... excellent for kneading/shredding!"  &  "now we are playing MY game, and MY game is run all over the house hunting imaginary pixies & causing mayhem"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, g33k said:

Hmmmmm.  "A certain barbarian" is seeming awfully well-socialized and law-abiding and... well... civilized these days.

Welcome to BRPCentral, in any case!   👍

Thanks for the welcome. 😁

I experience cats as being very rules-lawyer-y, with rules like  "I'ma sleep here now"  &  "oooo!  critical NPC/map/whatever... excellent for kneading/shredding!"  &  "now we are playing MY game, and MY game is run all over the house hunting imaginary pixies & causing mayhem"

Ah, this is because you never met Tribble. He just wanted to be part of the group and play with the shiny dice. And occasionally knock everything off the table for no apparent reason. 😋

6 hours ago, SNaomiScott said:

... And occasionally knock everything off the table for no apparent reason. 

17 hours ago, g33k said:

... hunting imaginary pixies..."

just sayin'

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, g33k said:

You rang?

Bill the barbarian: Now in his 6th decade of debunking stereotypes!

Cheers

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

You rang?

Cheers

Good for you Bill. In my experience most of the so-called barbarians are way more civilised than those city-dwelling stiffs that like to flaunt their superiority complex. 😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SNaomiScott said:

Good for you Bill. In my experience most of the so-called barbarians are way more civilised than those city-dwelling stiffs that like to flaunt their superiority complex. 😁

So sad and so true.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 7:57 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Sharing soup recipes at the campfire? Or are you one of the Silver Horde with their diamond dentistry?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Sharing soup recipes at the campfire? Or are you one of the Silver Horde with their diamond dentistry?

Oh good lords and ladies, of course <slaps forehead>. You said Cohen the Barbarian.  My bad. Now it begins to make sense.,

For the rest of ya, Joerg just IM'ed me with this reminder

I hope the confusion smiley doesn't mean you haven't heard of Cohen the Barbarian or his Silver Horde? (Cohen featuring already in The Light Fantastic, and with his Silver Horde prominently in Interesting Times and The Last Hero.)

Well kinda, to my shane. I have heard of him I just forgot about Pratchett’s wonderful Cohen the Barbarian.
Thanx for the reminder.
Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 1