Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

Are you in the right Site?

I have this vision of us all as these multi-dimensional beings that say the same things in many different dimensions simultaneously, though not all of us occupy exactly the same dimensional spaces.  Sometimes it seems like people are talking directly to us.  Sometimes they seem to be carrying on half of an otherwise unheard conversation with someone just past our shoulder.  Sometimes we find echoes of things they've said previously, sometimes many times previously, heard from different angles and in different tones.

We comprise multitudes.

!i!

• Haha 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

Greetings all. New to the forums, but not to Chaosium (I bought the CoC boxed set 38 years ago!) It took me a train, a bus, and a long-ass walk to get to the store that had it, but man am I glad that I did. My friends and I played CoC and Stormbringer all through high school and college, then a few more times before jobs, lives, wives, and children caused us to fail our Resist Adulting rolls. With the current situation (Covid) we are back at it using Roll20. We started off with D&D5e, which has been fun but has its issues (overly complicated character builds, too much PC power, the Awokening). So I/we are back! I can't believe how much Chaosium has grown, and I am way excited to be playing again. I have always preferred the Chaosium BRP system to all others.  Cheers, my brothers and sisters! Ia Cthulhu! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

/wave

Recently rekindled my interest in Runequest and Glorantha, it has been a while (about 34 years - yes I am a member of the grey beards).

Looking forward into diving back in to this rich and exciting setting.

I am disappointed in the vtt coverage of Runequest :(  Roll20 has a character sheet, but no compendium :( Or bestiary.

Back in the day I wrote a series of programs to create NPCs from the Creatures book, looks like I might have to do it again.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Back in the day I wrote a series of programs to create NPCs from the Creatures book, looks like I might have to do it again.

Welcome!  You might not have to do it again:

• Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Old gamer but new to these forums. 50 years old & been a gamer for about 40 of them. Started with blue box D&D & moved on from there. Been away from tabletop gaming for several years but regaining interest now that I finally discovered all the online tools available now. Heard about RuneQuest & Glorantha back in the day but was too broke & too invested in D&D to look into it. That's no longer the case & upon discovering RQG it was almost a no-brainer to check it out. Amazed by the quality of the work & look forward to learning more! Familiar with Chaosium from playing some CoC back in the day & glad to see they have only gotten better! Picked up the Sourcebook & bestiary as well. Very glad I took the plunge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharpPointyStick said:

Hello. Old gamer but new to these forums. 50 years old & been a gamer for about 40 of them. Started with blue box D&D & moved on from there. Been away from tabletop gaming for several years but regaining interest now that I finally discovered all the online tools available now. Heard about RuneQuest & Glorantha back in the day but was too broke & too invested in D&D to look into it. That's no longer the case & upon discovering RQG it was almost a no-brainer to check it out. Amazed by the quality of the work & look forward to learning more! Familiar with Chaosium from playing some CoC back in the day & glad to see they have only gotten better! Picked up the Sourcebook & bestiary as well. Very glad I took the plunge. 

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

6 hours ago, SharpPointyStick said:

Hello. Old gamer but new to these forums. 50 years old & been a gamer for about 40 of them. 

Having fun at myself here. Reading that I thought, hey this guy is so old! 😮
But then I reflected I am (almost) 49 meself... hahahah

4 hours ago, rsanford said:

Started with blue box D&D

Me too! :D

Edited by Lloyd Dupont

21 hours ago, SharpPointyStick said:

Hello. Old gamer but new to these forums.

Greetings, 

4 hours ago, SharpPointyStick said:

Be willing to bet a LOT of folks from our age range started with the old D&D blue box! lol

Nope, too busy playing war-games and trying to write one for Helm’s Deep. Did not start playing RPGs until A D&D!

15 hours ago, Lloyd Dupont said:

Having fun at myself here. Reading that I thought, hey this guy is so old! 😮

Ah I remember when I was a young ‘un meself!

Now I am confused I was a full adult (in every state and province in North America I had reached a bit more that the age of majority). Considering the Boxes came out in the 70’s how old were you when you started playing? Well below teenage I am thinking.

• Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I've enjoyed the discussions here for quite some time now, and finally decided to create my account. I've spent a good chunk of my childhood with gamebooks and mesmerized by the red box, started playing (CoC, among others) during the 90s, but I only discovered Glorantha pretty late in my life at the time of the GoG kickstarter. I've been busy trying to put the pieces together and enjoying the fluff ever since.

When it comes to RPG, I'm more of a reader than a gamer these days but a mashup of HW/HQ/QW is usually my system of choice when it comes to Glorantha. I also like CoC, Pendragon, and, outside of Chaosium offering, the stuff people on the OSR scene put out, and DCC RPG. I play some videogames, usually from From software. My fictionnal genres of choice are weird fiction, erstwhile pulp or whodunnit stories, erudite Borgesian constructions and anything by Jack Vance.

English is not my primary tongue so I hope to be able to avoid any critical misstep and ending up as the crimson bat's next meal 😤

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, Ialda said:

English is not my primary tongue so I hope to be able to avoid any critical misstep and ending up as the crimson bat's next meal 😤

The bat's not so bad, but honestly avoid the guano.  It has caused critical missteps in the past, That sh!# is slippery, oh and a late welcome.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 4 months later...

Greetings and Salutations!

Tasha here (and by here I mean a mile or so from the geographical center of Vermont).

My first experience with an RPG was in the 5th grade (in 1980). A friend of mine had just purchased this new game called Dungeons and Dragons and invited me over to play. When I was creating my character, we got around to the equipment list. I asked him (in all seriousness) what one could do with garlic buds. He shrugged and said I could throw them and they would explode like grenades. So I loaded a sack full of garlic buds and proceeded to destroy every creature I fought with a barrage of garlic buds. Dragons were obliterated. It was quite silly and I did not play an RPG again until I was 14  where, at a friend's birthday party, we played D&D. It was a messy game which devolved into PvP, but I ended up joining my friend's regular gaming group. The first game I played with them was Call of Cthulhu (I was required to read a book of Lovecraft stories prior to playing to show I was serious) and I was hooked. That summer, I joined the group's trip to GenCon '84 in Milwaukee and then regularly attended all the Los Angeles area conventions, eventually becoming a regular convention GM from the late 80's through the mid-90's. I fell in and out of gaming for a number of years as an adult, but recently have rediscovered my love for it and have run some events at our local Vermont convention (I moved here two years ago).

I'm also a horror novelist. If you are interested, you can check out my particulars.  Additionally I produce, design, and direct  works for the stage and have been a professional educator for many many years.

You are such a lovely audience. I'd like to take you home with me. I'd love to take you home...

• Like 2

She's well-acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane

• 1 month later...

ahh, hello! My name is Megan (or Meg, or Artsy, or Alraune, whatever) and I'm skittishly poking my head into Glorantha's online communities, after trying and failing to pull my friends into this interest.

I picked up King of Dragon Pass on Steam in 2018 and was absolutely, immediately obsessed. By the time Six Ages came out I had already switched from iPhones to Androids so I had to wait on the edge of my seat for the Windows 10 port. I snapped it up and I'm still replaying it. It wasn't until this year that I realized the games' setting has such a long and deep history!

As for my nerd cred, I got into RP in the 00's, roleplaying Fire Emblem characters with a friend in MSN Messenger, before moving on to PBP roleplays on forums and roleplaying in MMORPGs like Guild Wars 2. In college I started playing Vampire: the Masquerade v20 and D&D 4e, and today I still play VtM, as well as Blades in the Dark, both online in voice calls via Discord, and D&D 5e in meatspace on the weekends, where I often paint miniatures and stuff during the games (but it's ok, I can multitask!)

I'm considering looking into learning how to play Runescape, even though I'd have to play online, but I'd be just as pleased to read up on and chat about the lore and stuff. 🙂

• Like 1