Jump to content

Site Introductions


Trifletraxor

Recommended Posts

  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone, I’m Jon: long time CoC player and Rivers of London nut. I’m currently GMing a RoL campaign and recently completed a fan-written case file (having taken the Write Your First Adventure course during the summer) called ‘Lollipop Lollipop’.

Currently writing my second case file and also just starting a RoL game on the Play@YSDC forum (previously ran an MR James inspired CoC game there, called ‘The Provost of Eton’s Inheritance’.

It’s high time I joined this esteemed forum then!

Edited by jp1885
Damn autocorrect
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jp1885 said:

Hi everyone, I’m Jon: long time CoC player and Rivers of London nut. I’m currently GMing a RoL campaign and recently completed a fan-written case file (having taken the Write Your First Adventure course during the summer) called ‘Lollipop Lollipop’.

Currently writing my second case file and also just starting a RoL game on the Play@YSDC forum (previously ran an MR James inspired CoC game there, called ‘The Provost of Eton’s Inheritance’.

It’s high time I joined this esteemed forum then!

Hello, and welcome!
On the off chance you hadn't realized, CoC (and RoL) are based upon the "BRP" core engine, which originated with Runequest.  It's another great game & setting, and the new edition  (see here (but also noting the "Quickstart" (linked as a hardcopy) can be had as a free PDF over here )) is wonderfully evocative!
 

Quote

Damn autocorrect

Yes indeed.
In my family, the preferred spelling is "autocorrupt."

Edited by g33k
qs
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow players.

I am a long term Runequester (back to the mid 80s), lapsed and now feeling re-invigorated by the new rules which I think are a great improvement in many ways, mostly to the richness of Glorantha roleplay.

Yep played loads of DND too.  I have GM'ed and been a player many times, and have more books on Runequest and DND than are probably financially healthy.

I just love getting my head out of the day job and into worlds of passion, roleplay, and ethical conundrums.

I am based in Devon in the UK and keen to connect with fellow roleplayers, especially anyone interested in a runequest campaign - i am writing one, but just as keen to play in one.  Looking to play face to face but know a regular group might be hard so happy to consider online groups.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Geoff R Evil said:

Hello fellow players.

 

Welcome! A gamer going back to the 80s ya say... ya won't find many on those around here... what are they called... gognerds or somethin'? We all pretty young around here and just getting into tha hobby...

Alright, I will stop there before there is even a chance for you to start believing my drivel. Been war gaming since 60s and RPGing since the 80s!

 

9 hours ago, Geoff R Evil said:

Yep played loads of DND too.  I have GM'ed and been a player many times, and have more books on Runequest and DND than are probably financially healthy.

 

Yes you will probably be able to find a few of that ilk around here (I think I have every game from RQ2 and 3 in hardcopy, though some are barely hanging together and some just gave up)!

Quit playing DnD back in the early 80s so only a few books (PHB and... hm, there must be something else...)

 

9 hours ago, Geoff R Evil said:

Looking to play face to face but know a regular group might be hard so happy to consider online groups.

 

Nothing at this second but I will have something online and compatible with afternoons/evenings in your neck of the timezones before spring.

Shall I let you know about it.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Geoff R Evil said:

Hello fellow players.

I am a long term Runequester (back to the mid 80s), lapsed and now feeling re-invigorated by the new rules which I think are a great improvement in many ways, mostly to the richness of Glorantha roleplay.

Yep played loads of DND too.  I have GM'ed and been a player many times, and have more books on Runequest and DND than are probably financially healthy.

I just love getting my head out of the day job and into worlds of passion, roleplay, and ethical conundrums.

I am based in Devon in the UK and keen to connect with fellow roleplayers, especially anyone interested in a runequest campaign - i am writing one, but just as keen to play in one.  Looking to play face to face but know a regular group might be hard so happy to consider online groups.

 

Welcome to Greg's Geriatric Grognards, Geoff!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 9:28 PM, Brian Duguid said:

Reviving this thread. I have 3-4 players ready to start playing RQ:G online, UK time zone, weekday evening to be decided. I'd like 1-2 more, to make it easier to deal with drop-outs or unavailability. Likely to be run via Discord, probably starting with pre-gens and one or two of the Starter Set adventures as a "taster" before seeing what people would like to do beyond that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, Geoff R Evil said:

Hello fellow players.

I am a long term Runequester (back to the mid 80s), lapsed and now feeling re-invigorated by the new rules which I think are a great improvement in many ways, mostly to the richness of Glorantha roleplay.

Yep played loads of DND too.  I have GM'ed and been a player many times, and have more books on Runequest and DND than are probably financially healthy.

I just love getting my head out of the day job and into worlds of passion, roleplay, and ethical conundrums.

I am based in Devon in the UK and keen to connect with fellow roleplayers, especially anyone interested in a runequest campaign - i am writing one, but just as keen to play in one.  Looking to play face to face but know a regular group might be hard so happy to consider online groups.

 

Hello, and welcome!
And, welcome (back) to the Tribe!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m Rob, and functionally new here.  According to the log, I joined the site in 2012, but never posted anything until a couple of weeks ago.

Short bio: I was introduced to historical miniatures gaming in 1971 at the tender age of 10, picked up D&D in 1976, and was introduced to RQ when Avalon Hill published RQ3.  I ran a Fantasy Earth based RQ3 game for a few years in the 1980s.  The ‘90s were the new family time and having kids left me with barely enough time for miniatures. I was on hiatus with rpgs (apart from a brief flirtation with D&D3e) until about 2008.  I picked up a BGB (and presumably joined the Forum), and have recently re-collected some RQ3 material plus Worlds of Wonder, and am considering offering a BRP fantasy game to my current 5e group when the existing campaign runs out of steam.  Miniatures (historical and fantasy) remains my primary gaming interest, so anything I do with rpgs tends to have that influence in the background.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2023 at 4:06 AM, RSDean said:

I’m Rob, and functionally new here.  According to the log, I joined the site in 2012, but never posted anything until a couple of weeks ago.

Short bio: I was introduced to historical miniatures gaming in 1971 at the tender age of 10, picked up D&D in 1976, and was introduced to RQ when Avalon Hill published RQ3.  I ran a Fantasy Earth based RQ3 game for a few years in the 1980s.  The ‘90s were the new family time and having kids left me with barely enough time for miniatures. I was on hiatus with rpgs (apart from a brief flirtation with D&D3e) until about 2008.  I picked up a BGB (and presumably joined the Forum), and have recently re-collected some RQ3 material plus Worlds of Wonder, and am considering offering a BRP fantasy game to my current 5e group when the existing campaign runs out of steam.  Miniatures (historical and fantasy) remains my primary gaming interest, so anything I do with rpgs tends to have that influence in the background.

H'lo, Rob, & welcome!

I urge you to also take a look at the new edition of RuneQuest, maybe via the stunning new Starter Set.

It's not strictly "historical," but if you know your ancient architecture, your ancient warfare, your ancient cultural anthro... nuRQ is absolutely dripping with historical influences!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, g33k said:

H'lo, Rob, & welcome!

I urge you to also take a look at the new edition of RuneQuest, maybe via the stunning new Starter Set.

It's not strictly "historical," but if you know your ancient architecture, your ancient warfare, your ancient cultural anthro... nuRQ is absolutely dripping with historical influences!

Well, I’ll certainly take that under advisement, as we say at the office.  Are you recommending it for the mechanics?  For btter or worse, I feel like the opportunity to burrow deep into Glorantha lore has already passed me by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, RSDean said:

Well, I’ll certainly take that under advisement, as we say at the office.  Are you recommending it for the mechanics?  For btter or worse, I feel like the opportunity to burrow deep into Glorantha lore has already passed me by.

There are some interesting new mechanical tweaks & additions in the RQG (and CoC7) games, not really available in the BGB rules (and it looks like some more in the new Rivers of London RPG).

But I was mentioning RQG specifically because you had mentioned "historical and fantasy" in your interests, and Glorantha does that in spades.

And I've got to say, the art-rich new material for RQG -- and the new content like the Glorantha Sourcebook, and online resources like the Well of Daliath, and (as mentioned before) amazing Starter Set -- makes things more accessible!

But if you're not feeling like delving in, that's understandable too... I was casting wistful glances at  Tekumel  for decades, only stopping recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...