Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Depends on the system: From my brief experience of Traveller, chargen was the fun part...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Afternoon.

My name's J, and I'm a Call of Cthulhu fanatic. I've been playing since 198whatever when the first edition came out.

I've been looking at BRP for a while now with a view to getting rid of all my AD&D stuff and using BRP instead.

No, I don't like vampire ducks.

Stop messin' about.

139/420

Hi J. (In Triff's absence, welcome a-board!)

Yes, bin that AD&D and go BRP! I had an AD&D campaign since the 70's, and wasted 20 years being dissatisfied and trying to fix the rules - before finally switching to a BRP/RQ-like system. And what a relief: It's great! It works! It feels so right! (And vampiric ducks are entirely optional).

You'll love it, since you so like CoC... (oo-er, missus!)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Thanks for the welcome, Frogspawner :)

I'm thinking about waiting for the corrected, proper version to come out in 2k8 rather than getting the beta from Chaosium.

I need to get through Christmas before doing anything else though.

Open: Is anyone running games over Christmas, and if so does anyone have any tips for including festive tidbits in them?

Stop messin' about.

139/420

I need to get through Christmas before doing anything else though.

Open: Is anyone running games over Christmas, and if so does anyone have any tips for including festive tidbits in them?

I hate Christmas Specials on TV. There aren't Easter Specials or Whitsun Specials or Summer Specials so why Christmas ones?

So, not for me, I won't be including any Christmassy things in any of my games. Bah Humbug!

Anyway, we play on Mondays and that means Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, so no games over Christmas for us.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Evenin' all,

Continuing my quest to clog up all of the better RPG forums with my presence I thought it high time to register here, particularly since I've enjoyed (and admired) the Chaosium system since, ooh, far too long ago. Don't want to show my long-in-the-toothedness too early :D

I'm an occasional games designer and cartoonist but most of my role-playing involvement these days is producing "actual play" recordings for RPGMP3.com under the Whartson Hall banner. Expect BRP to make an appearance on our playlist soon.

Howdy all!

I'm Mike Dukes.

I got my start with the ol' red Basic D&D boxed set and never looked back. I was a player mostly until 1991, when I became GM full-time. Now GenCon is about the only time I get to sit on the other side of the screen.

Systems I've ran include: AD&D, Marvel Superheroes, Batman, GURPS, d6 Star Wars, Vampire the Masquerade, Deadlands, Hell on Earth, CoC, DC Universe, all the latest D&D editions, Mutants & Masterminds, True20, Star Wars Saga, World of Darkness, anything and everything Savage Worlds, Star Trek, Legend of the Five Rings, Vampire the Requiem, Brave New World, Bloodshadows, Indiana Jones, Necroscope, Conan, and WFRP 2ed. I probably forgot something in there....

I'm running CoC right now, but I made this week Deadlands: Reloaded week since everyone was off for the holidays so tonight will be our third game of Deadlands this week.

I'm anxious to see the BRP in all it's glory. It's my hope that it will give Chaosium some much needed publicity.

Mike Dukes

VP- Creative Director

www.daringentertain.com

Daring Visions

I've never heard of rpgmp3.com. Is is just recordings of actual play sessions by your group(s)?

It's mainly recordings of another group, originally from Bradford but now relocated to Texas, but Hal and Lindsay who run the site have kindly allowed other people to submit their own recordings. The site gained some fame a couple of years ago when they recorded a complete run through The World's largest Dungeon... in forty long episodes!

Greetings

My name is Edward, based in the UK but travelling quite a bit for work.

I have played a number of BRP systems in the past (RQ2, RQ3, Stormbringer, CoC in various incarnations) and have a heavily houseruled non-Glorantha campaign based on MRQ running intermittently at present.

I've been gaming for about 30 years and now play mainly with my son, daughter and my son's friends, though I still play with a number of my college friends a few times a year.

Regards

Edward

Hello, fellow BRP enthusiasts.

I'm in the USA, near Boston. I'm thirty-four and a player of BRP games since the mid 1980's (and other RPGs from a few years before that). The Chaosium/ BRP-derived game I have most experience with are Pendragon and Elfquest, though I've played some Runequest and a good deal of Call of Cthulhu. I'm not running a game at the moment, but I hope that will change in a few months' time.

I came chiefly to learn about the new version of the BRP rules, and I am pleased to note how much discussion (and in such detail) has been had on this topic, as I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the new BRP rules when they're released to stores; getting an advance copy (or any non-essential spending) being beyond my means in the immediate present tense.

Hi, everybody!

I've just joined the forums on BRP Central and thought I'd say "hi".

The foundations of my interest in BRP was laid when I picked The Lord of the Rings trilogy 'way back in 1973.

My roleplaying experience was kicked off 1976 when I started patio-top gaming with the 2nd edition Chainmail rules (I "roleplayed" the commander of an elven left flank). In 1977 I was intro'd by some of the same friends to D&D in the white box and in 1980 discovered 2nd edition Runequest and Traveller. I haven't gone back to D&D until this month and then only because I can't convince the group I game with to play Runequest. That may change with the release of BRP. ;)

I've done a bit of playtesting for various games over the years, including Brilliant Lances for GDW, GURPS Traveller for Steve Jackson Games, and now BRP for Chaosium.

I'm very proud of what Chaosium has accomplished with the upcoming version of BRP and hope you all will get at least as many years of enjoyment from it as I have from Runequest.

You know, this is the first game board that I have been to that has made me feel young. Usually I am one of the oldest gamers around (37), here it is like I'm a spring chicken.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

First started playing RQ with the Games Workshop in 1982 and branched out into pretty much every other Chaosium game afterwards. Didn't touch ElfQuest with a stick. Played many other games, DC Heroes being my favourite. Played RQ3 to death and even had a badly mangled article printed in Heroes once it went downhill. HeroWars/Quest never really grabbed me and drifted out of RPGdom into CCGs and boardgames.

Happily playing a house-ruled version of MRQ and looking forward to seeing more about BRP. Not into the BRP culture wars.

Hello deleriad!

Welcome to the board! I think you'll recognize some of our other regulars here! ;)

Though I fought in the front line during the culture worlds, I'm still pretty excited to see how Blood of Orlanth turns out, and how easy it will be to convert.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Hey folks,

My name is Kevin McDonald from North Carolina, USA, and I have been playing BRP games starting with RuneQuest 2nd ed back in 1980. Since then I have played RQ3, CoC, Stormbringer/Elric, and SuperWorld. I ran a Glorantha SA game last year using RQ2 as written - no house rules! It was very interesting. Right now I am playing in a SuperWorld game (playing Fat Man and Little Boy - Atomic Heroes!).

I have a bunch of MRQ books, but haven't been able to talk my group into trying it.

~Kevin McD