A Time for Sacrifice by New Comet Games

davewire

After a very successful Kickstarter last year, the folks at New Comet Games announced this morning that their upcoming adventure book, A Time for Sacrifice, is nearing completion. They’re fortunately only about a month behind schedule due to the current situation in the world, and frankly I find that incredible. According to this morning’s update, all they have left to do is a final proof read before they send it off to Chaosium for their approval. Hopefully, all said and done, the PDFs will be available through DriveThruRPG by end of June.

The book will feature five complete adventures for the 1920s set in Mesoamerica.

If you’d like to check out more, I’ll provide a link to the Kickstarter below.

http://kck.st/2pYhraS

Edited by davewire
  • Like 3

New Comet has consistently given frequent updates and has had very short delays. I've appreciated their professionalism and attenuation to Backers. Some companies understand why that is important. Some struggle to understand why it is important, I'm afraid. Not everyone gets how important PR is. Ben understands.

• Like 1

Agreed. I appreciate their regular monthly updates revealing their progress per section. In all honesty though, I thought they were at least another month out from unveiling that they were ready to send the finished product to Chaosium for approval. I wouldn’t have blamed them for it either so I was blown away hearing that they effectively completed the book.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A Time for Sacrifice now released on DriveThruRPG! New Comet Games completed fulfillment of the PDFs to backers a few days ago and has released the book for public consumption.

I’m currently reading through the first scenario, “Egg Out of Time”, which features the Great Race of Yith and a deadly flying polyp woven into Mayan mythology.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tranquillitas Ordinis said:

once you are done with reading, could you please write here a short review of the book? There are so many great Call of Cthulhu books released recently (

That's the plan. So far, I can tell you that the scenarios all take place between 1925 and 1931. I know that the Peru adventure takes place in 1921 and the rest of Masks picks up in January, 1925. The earliest, the first scenario, "Egg out of Time", takes place on August 4, 1925 which would mean that this wouldn't be ideal to playing these scenarios between Peru and the rest of Masks. The book does say that all of the scenarios can be moved, however, so I don't see why you couldn't set them earlier. The only exception is the "Pyramid Scheme" scenario set in 1931 which has to take place after Black Tuesday.

I'm enjoying that first scenario. Yithians feature prominently in my campaign and I've targeted that scenario for an immediate adventure hook option for my players. It will take some development, but it has lots of potential. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I need to go back and re-read Devil's Swamp, because Serpent People feature heavily in my campaign as well.

@davewire , I am really appreciating your contributions to the community!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, klecser said:

I'm enjoying that first scenario. Yithians feature prominently in my campaign and I've targeted that scenario for an immediate adventure hook option for my players. It will take some development, but it has lots of potential. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I need to go back and re-read Devil's Swamp, because Serpent People feature heavily in my campaign as well.

@davewire , I am really appreciating your contributions to the community!

Thanks.  Call of Cthulhu is a game I've been passionate about for a fairly long time.  Horror on the Orient Express and 7th edition were two of the first Kickstarters I ever backed and this was the first TTRPG I ever owned. 

• Like 1