Adventure Locations

AndreJarosch

Another idea how to use these four maps: 

If you want to write an adventure (for JC?) either -->
a) Have a look where other adventures are located, and reuse some of the themes, NPCs, etc. to make your adventure more interlinked with stuff that is already out there. 
b) Have a look where other adventures are located, and build an adventure around a place that wasn´t used before in official publications, and making it stand out by that choice. 

It works BOTH ways. :-)

Edited by AndreJarosch
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

Added one Adventure Location to Map I
--> The Location of "The Whispering Ruins", which was published in the Dragonmeet 2019 brochure. 

Still available https://www.dragonmeet.co.uk/uploads/1/4/0/6/14062642/dragonmeet_brochure_2019_web_1.pdf

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Beautiful work, Andre! I'd suggest using different-coloured dots rather than different-coloured numbers on your published RQG adventure locations map. Grey numbers and white numbers look pretty similar...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Beautiful work, Andre! I'd suggest using different-coloured dots rather than different-coloured numbers on your published RQG adventure locations map. Grey numbers and white numbers look pretty similar...

I don´t want to change the colours of the dots. 

Red dots = RQG
Blue dots = RQ 1-3
Green dots = HQ

I changed the light grey numbers of the adventures in "The Smoking Ruins" to light blue, so that they are not look to similar to the white numbers of the "The Pegasus Plateau" adventures. 

Edited by AndreJarosch

Updated the JC Map: added "Kralori Primer", "Remembering Caroman", In a Merry Green Vale" and "Applefest". 

I have still no clue what to do with setting books like "Men of the West", "Kingdom of the Flamekings", or with adventures/encounters that could happen anywhere (in Sartar), like "Legion", "A Tale of Woodcraft" or "The Pendulum & the Pit". 

I will update this JC map in the future, showing the places where adventures take place, when a) if it is an adventure, and b) if a location is given. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There were some scenarios mentioned in the posts that I am not familiar with and am curious if anyone knows where they might be available on line in PDF format?

The Whispering Ruins - which was published in the Dragonmeet 2019 brochure is no longer available via the link Mr. Scott posted from the May 23, 2020.

Also when looking for the Sandy Petersen RQ3 scenario set in Sarro in Afadjann, in the AH house magazine Heroes, I found a few listed in an old index. The old hard/paper copies are available but was hoping to get PDF's if possible.

The Big Hit, by Sandy Petersen                      VI.6    pg 12-18, 31-36

Journey to Falderbash, by Bill Williamson           VII.1   pg 12-19

The Wolfrunners, by Sandy Petersen                  VI.4    pg 21-27  (The cover of this issue of Heros caught my eye...)

Is The Clanking City worth collecting, I mean does it have enough solid Gloranthan material in it or will it be eventually rewritten to look a good bit differently? Would that be so far down the line, say a few years out?

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post/these questions?)

image.png.40b29d4ef11bc352306ead1d1b4aeaa4.png

Edited by Erol of Backford

1 hour ago, Erol of Backford said:

Is The Clanking City worth collecting, I mean does it have enough solid Gloranthan material in it or will it be eventually rewritten to look a good bit differently? Would that be so far down the line, say a few years out?

I can't say I've run across anything on the Clanking City (unless in an issue of Tradetalk or the like that I've forgotten about).  

I'm not aware of anyone currently working on content for publication either, and Chaosium's probably got content in line to cover at least through 2023 at the moment, if not longer.

2 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Also when looking for the Sandy Petersen RQ3 scenario set in Sarro in Afadjann, in the AH house magazine Heroes, I found a few listed in an old index. The old hard/paper copies are available but was hoping to get PDF's if possible.

As these were Avalon Hill magazines, it really depends on who has the original contents.

Edited by jajagappa
  • Thanks 1

There were some scenarios mentioned in the posts that I am not familiar with and am curious if anyone knows where they might be available on line in PDF format?

The Whispering Ruins - which was published in the Dragonmeet 2019 brochure is no longer available via the link Mr. Scott posted from the May 23, 2020.

The Whispering Ruins can be found here:
https://chaosium.itch.io/the-whispering-ruins

• Thanks 1

Is The Clanking City worth collecting

It is a module for RuneQuest Glorantha - The Second Age - by Mongoose Publishing (2007) and as such non-canonical and set more than 700 years before the standard timeline for RuneQuest (the Clanking City was destroyed 917 ST, and the starting year for RuneQuest Glorantha is 1625 ST).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1