Kero Fin

kalidor

1 hour ago, kalidor said:

Hello, I need some help with my campaign, what are the runes for Kero Fin in RQG? earth+life? Earth+harmony?. Also, i actually understand that Kero fin is worshiped as a subcult of Ernalda in dragón pass, is this correct?

She's treated as one of the Grain Goddesses of Dragon Pass (generic runes: Plant, Earth, Fertility), and is mentioned in miscellaneous notes (not the subcults section) of the latest Ernalda writeup I saw. No specific Runes are specified; I'd be kinda surprised if one of the biggest mountains in the world didn't have an association with the Stasis Rune, myself.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

She's treated as one of the Grain Goddesses of Dragon Pass (generic runes: Plant, Earth, Fertility), and is mentioned in miscellaneous notes (not the subcults section) of the latest Ernalda writeup I saw. No specific Runes are specified; I'd be kinda surprised if one of the biggest mountains in the world didn't have an association with the Stasis Rune, myself.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

She's a daughter of Larnste, which might mitigate your argument for having Stasis.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

5 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

No specific Runes are specified

However she gives two rune spells that use the Earth rune and another that can be used with Life, Movement or Moon... Further evidence of runic connections could be that Hwarin Dalthippa's road that connects Jillaro with Mirin’s Cross and Filichet, of which the upcoming Gods of Glorantha says:

They follow magical lines of power

[...]

drawing upon the cosmic mountain at Kero Fin.

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

41 minutes ago, David Scott said:

However she gives two rune spells that use the Earth rune and another that can be used with Life, Movement or Moon... Further evidence of runic connections could be that Hwarin Dalthippa's road that connects Jillaro with Mirin’s Cross and Filichet, of which the upcoming Gods of Glorantha says:

Thanks David

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have been looking into this. My view on this would be. 

Runes. Plant, life, earth

Spells. Know lineage, command minor gnome, regrow limb, bless crops, charisma

Orlanth. Shield

Yinkin. Cateyes

Lodril.  Earthwarm

Himile? 

Inora? 

Velhara? 

Quivin? 

Aram. Command tusk. 

Initiates. 5% time, 1% earnings. 

Only one great temple. The mountain itself. 

What do you think? 

Some old publications have informations about her (Runes Earth, Mastery, and a personal rune), but they are probably outdated.

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/prosopaedia/deities/k/kero-fin/

In RuneQuest Glorantha she is a land goddess like the others (Dragon Pass is Kerofinela) but lacks a specific plant with Emmer as special grain.

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/prosopaedia/deities/g/grain-goddesses/

The first Feathered Horse Queen proved to be the incarnation of Sorana Tor and the avatar of Kero Fin itself, and I think the same is true for the following Feathered Horse Queens.

Edited by Ludo Bagman
corrected note.
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ludo Bagman said:

Some old publications have information about her (Runes Earth, Mastery, and a personal rune), but they are probably outdated.

Correct, although I'm sure you'd find the personal rune in places (it's used in the Guide page 183).

13 hours ago, Jose said:

Her runes are Earth and Life (from the upcoming Prosopaedia). She's a subcult of Ernalda.

13 hours ago, Jose said:

Know Lineage, Mountain Leap, Regrow Limb, and Summon Oread.

Associates: Himile (Snow), Inora (Avalanche), Maran Gor (Shake Earth); Orlanth (Summon & Command Air Elemental), and Yinkin (Command Alynx). These spells can only be cast within sight of Kero Fin.

I've updated Kero Fin in the Prosopaedia on the Well to include the Cults of Glorantha Preview.

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

9 hours ago, David Scott said:

Correct, although I'm sure you'd find the personal rune in places (it's used in the Guide page 183).

Her runes are Earth and Life (from the upcoming Prosopaedia). She's a subcult of Ernalda.

Know Lineage, Mountain Leap, Regrow Limb, and Summon Oread.

Associates: Himile (Snow), Inora (Avalanche), Maran Gor (Shake Earth); Orlanth (Summon & Command Air Elemental), and Yinkin (Command Alynx). These spells can only be cast within sight of Kero Fin.

I've updated Kero Fin in the Prosopaedia on the Well to include the Cults of Glorantha Preview.

"Avalanche" is not in the Red book of magic. Will there be new spells in the new GoG book? 

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I supose that Quivin is an associate God with kero fin. I am going to give him earth and life as a son of Lodril too. What do you think? 

QUIVIN

The son of Kero Fin and Lodril, the mountain god Quivin is the half-brother of Orlanth, Yinkin, and Inora, and is associated with all of those cults. He may be contacted by climbing atop the peaks of the Quivin Mountains. 

Quivin is associated with the Runes of Earth and Stasis. He is sometimes associated with the Cold Rune as well. He provides the special Rune spells of Mountain Leap and Snow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jeff said:

QUIVIN

The son of Kero Fin and Lodril, the mountain god Quivin is the half-brother of Orlanth, Yinkin, and Inora, and is associated with all of those cults. He may be contacted by climbing atop the peaks of the Quivin Mountains. 

Quivin is associated with the Runes of Earth and Stasis. He is sometimes associated with the Cold Rune as well. He provides the special Rune spells of Mountain Leap and Snow.

Thank you Jeff!! I love it. I really love those little cults that give flavour to the setting. 

On 2/3/2022 at 9:25 PM, Jose said:

Hello, I have been looking into this. My view on this would be. 

Orlanth. Shield

Yinkin. Cateyes

Lodril.  Earthwarm

Himile? 

Inora? 

Velhara? 

Quivin? 

Aram. Command tusk. 

Initiates. 5% time, 1% earnings. 

Only one great temple. The mountain itself. 

What do you think? 

No, She's not important or big enough to have three runes. God knows why she is seen as a Grain Goddess! Her grain is Kers' or Fins'? 

Or perhaps Aurochs, they are a type of grain, right? 

Right? 

Edited by Orlanthatemyhamster

I am quite surprised that proper Quivin spells use Stasis rune instead of Earth I find surprising that a mountain God has not earth spells. But I am fine with that. One of my players want to be a Quivin initiate, can you believe it? A sartarite with a 75 stasis rune 🤣🤣🤣!!!. Well... There are worst things😅. So we go for it!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

I am quite surprised that proper Quivin spells use Stasis rune instead of Earth I find surprising that a mountain God has not earth spells.

Stone is different from soil. For instance, it is no longer vibrantly alive.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

4 hours ago, Jose said:

I am quite surprised that proper Quivin spells use Stasis rune instead of Earth I find surprising that a mountain God has not earth spells. But I am fine with that. One of my players want to be a Quivin initiate, can you believe it? A sartarite with a 75 stasis rune 🤣🤣🤣!!!. Well... There are worst things😅. So we go for it!! 

Mountains are heavily associated with Stasis, which is why Acos and Mostal were so heavily tied to the spike.

5 hours ago, Jose said:

A pity that so few spells are related to the stasis rune. 

that seems to me normal, as stasis doesn't change when casting a spell is for sure an attempt to change something

or another option (maybe a dumb theory however)

Spoiler

well there were a lot

the only issue was their casters get their stasis rune at 100% very quickly and became... stasis

no one remember it as there was no one able to teach them any more

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...