Gloranthan Campaign Ideas/Pitches

Richard S.

23 hours ago, jenh said:

Part of my prep will be finding and creating a variety of myths that deal with reconciliation, abdication of power, and working to right wrongs.

#46 from the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu:

When the Tao is present in the universe,

The horses haul manure.

When the Tao is absent from the universe,

War horses are trained outside the city.

There is no greater sin than desire,

No greater curse than discontent,

No greater misfortune than wanting something for ones self.

Therefore he who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.

• Like 2

Not sure if this should be in the Sillh Ideas thread.

Playing some sorcerer-type characters with each of 6 specializing in an Elemental Rune, Summon, and Command techniques. Yeah, we are doing Captain Planet, Rings and all. It works either as an Argrathi Warlock group with Captain Glorantha as wyter. Or an experimental HeroQuesting group out of Loskalm or something. 

I was just rereading the Summon Sorcer spell and it is absolutely bonkers. Combine it with lots of research and prep and almost anything is possible. You could even have the Players roll a second set of dudes as their bondsmen/henchman or whatever and go troupe style play and bring out the Wizards when stuff gets real bonkers. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HreshtIronBorne said:

Not sure if this should be in the Sillh Ideas thread.

Playing some sorcerer-type characters with each of 6 specializing in an Elemental Rune, Summon, and Command techniques. Yeah, we are doing Captain Planet, Rings and all. It works either as an Argrathi Warlock group with Captain Glorantha as wyter. Or an experimental HeroQuesting group out of Loskalm or something. 

I was just rereading the Summon Sorcer spell and it is absolutely bonkers. Combine it with lots of research and prep and almost anything is possible. You could even have the Players roll a second set of dudes as their bondsmen/henchman or whatever and go troupe style play and bring out the Wizards when stuff gets real bonkers. 

I thought Belintar was Captain Planet?🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/13/2020 at 7:59 AM, Storm Khan said:

#46 from the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu:

Exactly!

I'm hopeful that the players will be proactive in generating material that their characters can discover, of forgotten or less considered myths and representations that suit the new-but-still-true-in-Godtime world they are creating.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How about a campaign where Korolstead is restored from the Smoking Ruin?

I'm working on expanding The Smoking Ruin adventure from RQ The Smoking Ruin & Other Stories into a campaign and am currently looking up lore and trying to figure out what the ramifications of it would be in the short,near, and long term. 

The basic idea that I'm still working on is that the PC group is mostly from a village that has lost their homesteads, the reason not determined, and are in Clearwine as they look to find a new place for their families to settle. Breaking the curses on the two troll armies would remove the smoke and make formerly uninhabitable land habitable again.  Of course the PCs wouldn't necessarily known this going in.  They'd just start out helping with a mission.

• Like 3