1 hour ago, Nevermet said:

I guess in HQ rules, it really comes down to the question of goal & strategy.  I think it's potentially fun to encourage players to say things like, "I want to establish there is a secret passage using my Masonry ability" as opposed to "I want to check to see if there is a secret passage using my masonry ability."

You can do that in QW by spending a hero point. At the end of our first Anmangarn Campaign we needed a ride back to Black Spear Village so when a duck boat passed by I asked to spend a hp to have the boat belong to the durulz who'd given us a ride out of Quackford.

• Like 3
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To avoid spamming the board, I'm going to keep all my actual play posts in a single thread per scenario, rather than 1 per session.  Also... is this a worthwhile thing to post, or are actual play thre

Calamity Comes to Selgos, Session 1 Short version: I love my players, and this gloriously gonzo campaign.   The Hook for the Session The player characters are going to Selgos to ca

We had an abbreviated game last night, but it was a case study in how dice can really help the story.  Or, put another way, you know a game is going well when the players OOC laugh and cheer when an N

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Minion1stClass said:
13 hours ago, Nevermet said:

I guess in HQ rules, it really comes down to the question of goal & strategy.  I think it's potentially fun to encourage players to say things like, "I want to establish there is a secret passage using my Masonry ability" as opposed to "I want to check to see if there is a secret passage using my masonry ability."

You can do that in QW by spending a hero point. At the end of our first Anmangarn Campaign we needed a ride back to Black Spear Village so when a duck boat passed by I asked to spend a hp to have the boat belong to the durulz who'd given us a ride out of Quackford.

Using Hero Points as Plot Points is really good.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

The game will be starting up on Thursday, after a hiatus due to one of the players moving cross country.

They have explicitly requested that I lean into the "metal", meaning they like the more gonzo elements of Glorantha.  Dinosaurs, bizarre demons, heroes with reality breaking Feats, etc, etc, etc.

So, the Ogres have fled their lair in Selgos, leaving behind some Chaos monsters for the PCs to deal with.  It's not the Cacodemon, but it may take out a market or two, depending on what they do.

• Like 2