Good place for maps?

Chopin

Does anyone know of a good map making software to use to create maps for a group using "roll20.com' set in the 1920's new england?

I use Inkarnate for D&D maps but it doesn't let me produce decent looking maps for Call of Cthulhu.

Campaign Cartographer is probably more than you need, but it looks good and does all sorts of maps, but you would also need their City Designer for city maps.  That would be on the Profantasy company site.

I always got by looking for  historic maps and simply using them.  Can you load images onto the roll.20 site?

yeah you can upload images into roll20 very easily. i also use mostly historic maps and blueprints from architectural firms. https://www.oldmapsonline.org

If i can't find what i need i'll create my own, but i know that isn't an option for most. there are building design programs free online that can be used to map floor plans. i've seen good results with those. 

Cartographer's Guild has lots of good ideas, tips, and tutorials for creating maps in various programs: Inkscape, Gimp, Photoshop, etc...

I use Gimp for basic maps and building floor plans. Add weathered paper background and some different brush effects and you can create maps similar to the ones in Masks that look pretty good in Roll20.

• Like 2