M-Space Companion on sale now

Pentallion

New Release: M-SPACE Companion

255745605_CompanionCoverFront600px.jpg.82dba7960469522f63a0be934d02ed9b.jpg

M-SPACE Companion has finally been released!

The new rules expand M-SPACE’s capabilities greatly. And it’s my best looking book so far.

I have teamed up with Scott Crowder (Pentallion) to move M-SPACE into an even wider range of sci-fi storytelling.

This is what you get:

• Rules for modular robots, both humanoid and simple droids. 
  • Cybernetics, with implants and body part replacements. 
  • The almost magical Q Tech implants. 
  • Rules for detailed character backgrounds. 
  • Computers and hacking. 
  • Scenario: Escape From Mosek-Uhn. 
  • Updated character sheet.

And, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to download the seven additional Origins tables in the free Companion Addendum.

Along with the Companion, Circles of Steel has already been released. It contains 13 organisations for robots and cyborgs. Tailored for the Companion, Alex Greene has crafted a versatile set of Circles that are easy to use in any campaign. The PDF is a Pay What You Want title on DriveThruRPG.

15% Launch Discount

M-SPACE Companion is 128 pages, printed in full colour. 

I have two versions available on DriveThruRPG: Print and PDF. To buy them, just follow the links below. The discount lasts only a week, so you need to be quick. 

M-SPACE Companion

Print $18  $15.30

PDF $9.95  $8.50

Circles of Steel

Print $3.30

PDF Pay What You Want

Let me know if you have any questions about the books or PDFs.

Edited by clarence
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

Guest Vile Traveller

Got mine, the PDF looks great in terms of content and appearance. Looking forward to the arrival of the print copy - should get here just barely in time before I move!

Just bought the print and PDF. Thanks for putting out SF RPG material. This book looks great and I'm looking forward to diving into the origins, and computers/hacking portions the most!

I really like the new art direction in this book too. As interesting as some of the pieces were in M-Space, I found some of the full color pieces in that work to be more fantasy than SF and mostly disconnected with the content. The companion pieces are much more integrated. My favourite is the portrait on p. 57. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dieselpunk said:

... I found some of the full color pieces in that work to be more fantasy than SF and mostly disconnected with the content ...

Maybe just "sufficiently advanced" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, dieselpunk said:

I really like the new art direction in this book too. As interesting as some of the pieces were in M-Space, I found some of the full color pieces in that work to be more fantasy than SF and mostly disconnected with the content. The companion pieces are much more integrated. My favourite is the portrait on p. 57. 

Thank you! I’m not sure what that oversized mouthpiece does exactly, but it looks nice. 

I decided early in the project to focus on improving illustration quality. Preferably without breaking the bank. It took a lot of work, but I’m very happy with the result. 
Edited by clarence
  • Like 2

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

1 hour ago, rsanford said:

So Clarence when are you going to add stuff for bioengineering and transhumanism?

The original plan was to include sleeves and ghosts in the Companion. But everything took longer than planned, and I had to drop that chapter, unfortunately. I have the basics in place, so it will hopefully not be too long before it is finished. 

What would you like to see in terms of bioengineering?

2 hours ago, clarence said:

The original plan was to include sleeves and ghosts in the Companion. But everything took longer than planned, and I had to drop that chapter, unfortunately. I have the basics in place, so it will hopefully not be too long before it is finished. 

I would like to see rules and setting material for something like Blade Runner's Replicants. So setting material about companies or governments making vat grown humans (pseudo humans) specifically engineered certain tasks. Normal tasks (police officer, blade runner, etc...) might not require anything special in terms of characteristics or special abilities but others such as replicants designed to live on a space station or explore space might be different (size might be different. maybe the occasional prehensile tail, perhaps claws instead of feet). Likewise replicants designed to work underwater might be amphibians and replicants designed for manual labor might be stronger than normal. There is a HUGE amount of information and ideas on this in GURPS Transhuman Space.

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

On 6/13/2020 at 8:51 PM, Runeblogger said:

I think it's a must for any D100-based campaign. I have written a review, read it here:

https://elruneblog.blogspot.com/2020/06/review-of-m-space-companion-and-circles.html

Dou you agree with it? ☺️

Space-ship-art-in-M-Space-Companion.jpg

An excellent review! So excellent I bought the print book on Drivethru and am looking through the PDF now. Great so far! Also, I think this has finally pushed me to get off my rump and get an M-Space game going (as I am thinking of already). Nice stuff!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, clarence said:

It would be cool to see unusual alternate body plans, things like environmentally/planetary-tailored forms to crazy Bug Eyed Monster-types.

• Like 1

The two books are a lovely addition to my M-SPACE collection. I notice the upgrading in artwork (now in full-colour).
After the reading I can say that the M-SPACE COMPANION is quintessential for the M-SPACE line and adds very useful topics and themes. Some of them are in demand for a long time (not only for M-SPACE but for Mythras in general): robots, cybernetics, hacking. These gaps have been closed now.

The "Origins" Lifepath character creation blends well with the overall M-SPACE character creation.

Regarding the character creation for robots and cyborgs, it's nice to see the skill pyramid from the Mythras Companion fully incorporated.

Author S. Crowder (Pentallion) brings some new elements and styles into M-SPACE (e.g. the "Q-Tech"). Great contribution to the M-SPACE line, and I hope for more material.

Even though the scenario is a standalone, it could be used with the Weaver or the Elevation M-SPACE settings, I guess. With further modifications it could be used with Luther Arkwright or Worlds United.

And then we have CIRCLES OF STEEL, and you can say, this module shows the signature of Alex Greene. As with Oddities for ODD SOOT (and his upcoming Mythras supplements), his style is quirky, creative and (here and there) inspired by Film Noir and cinema of the first half of the 20th century.

In conclusion: Great books, highly recommended (for M-SPACE but also useful for Mythras and D100 Sci-fi in general).

Edited by prinz.slasar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, clarence said:
I decided early in the project to focus on improving illustration quality. Preferably without breaking the bank. It took a lot of work, but I’m very happy with the result. 

Anyway, I must say I really like the covers of your books. I think they really stand out in the SF RPG production, as they have high intrinsic artistic value, and they differ from the classical "starship in space with a planet in background".

I even like the unusual square format a lot !

Edited by Mugen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1