Are there tribes in Pavis area?

Brootse

49 minutes ago, Brootse said:

What kind of power did the Pavis High Priest of Orlanth have over the clans during the Lunar occupation?

I'd really recommend reading Pavis GtA, it has 14 pages that covers all of the complex politics and factions of the New City, then there's more on the individual temples. For a start there are two Orlanth High Priests. The pre-lunar former High Priest in hiding with all the High Priest regalia (great grandson of Dorosar) and the one that came with the Lunars without the regalia. There are also two Wind Lords, and another temple in the rubble setup by another wind lord around 1618 - so who does your clan recognise, who do they support, who do they really support?

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 6/23/2020 at 2:42 AM, David Scott said:

I'd really recommend reading Pavis GtA, it has 14 pages that covers all of the complex politics and factions of the New City, then there's more on the individual temples. For a start there are two Orlanth High Priests. The pre-lunar former High Priest in hiding with all the High Priest regalia (great grandson of Dorosar) and the one that came with the Lunars without the regalia. There are also two Wind Lords, and another temple in the rubble setup by another wind lord around 1618 - so who does your clan recognise, who do they support, who do they really support?

I play it as a hardliners-vs-moderates approach. The two High Priests each have their adherents and fans, and both of them are sincere in their worship of Orlanth, and their interpretation of the best way to protect the people of Pavis under Orlanth's law. The Orlanthi of region squabble among themselves over which is "right". This squabbling is encouraged by the Empire, as it keeps those "Violence is always an option" folks aimed at each other, and not at imperial citizens.As you can tell, my game is pre-Argrath.

• Like 2