Fred

Favorite House Rules

What’s your favorite or most appreciated house rules? Or things you might be considering, and wouldn’t mind feedback on.

My initial attempt at a houserule:

Disease. I dislike it when a concept is mathematically at best a small nuisance in practice, so... After the level of the disease is determined, the character rolls CONx3% instead (of x5), and a fumble increases the level of the disease by 1. I haven’t found the rules regarding recuperation of characteristics anywhere, so I might change this if a lowering of a characteristic is hard to get back. An interesting thought here is that a CON lowering disease might be the only one lowering the chance of being cured, if I got this right.

Correction edit: Scotty answered a core rules. question about healing rate of characteristics, and it’s quite brutal (check under natural healing):

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha-players-book-print/cha4028-runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha-qa-by-chapter/cha4028-runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha-chapter-06-game-system/

Edited by Fred
  • Like 1

I limit stackable Rune Magic to a maximum of half (round up) the caster's Rune Points in the cult (apart from Dismiss Magic). This both manages the abuse potential, and ensures some more variations. In a sufficiently mythic situation, this might be relaxed. It's amazing how many issues it solves all in one go!

I allow XP checks for lore and knowledge skills, because otherwise things become weird (you can't even get occupational experience to knowledge skills without this!).

Minor but functional: Parry spirit magic also adds a HP to the object per point. This keeps Bladesharp from overshadowing it completely.

I changed practice and training to instead allow occupational experience to the practiced skill (because it's so weird to have two completely different systems during downtime), with a bonus if with a decent trainer. Instead of training characteristics, I allow one experience gain check to a raisable characteristic during Sacred Time (PCs only).   

I remove Greatsword and Rapier from the weapons list. (Greatsword is also super-good, so it's a balance thing.)

I added a Perception penalty to Closed Helm and Full Helm.

Atlatl has speed 1/2 MR, so that it's not just strictly better than Javelin.

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

I allow XP checks for lore and knowledge skills, because otherwise things become weird (you can't even get occupational experience to knowledge skills without this!).

I believe this could make sense also. People get naturally encouraged to learn more in subjects they have a jolt of success.

1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

I changed practice and training to instead allow occupational experience to the practiced skill (because it's so weird to have two completely different systems during downtime), with a bonus if with a decent trainer. Instead of training characteristics, I allow one experience gain check to a raisable characteristic during Sacred Time (PCs only).   

I like all your houserules, but really love the sound of these ones. Why complicate things? How much is the characteristic raised on a successful check?

Edited by Fred

5 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

Minor but functional: Parry spirit magic also adds a HP to the object per point. This keeps Bladesharp from overshadowing it completely.

I added this as a suggestion in the spell improvement thread. Hope you don’t mind :)

House rules .... really ?, I remember a time when RQ2 n RQ3 fans were arguing about what system was the best and the very best way to fuel theses fires of devotion (or blindness) was to ask about who house rule what !

Personally, I heavily house rule all the skills and affinity rules because I play a HQ-RQ3-RQG mix game. But If I had to play with RQ-G only, my best and minimal house rules should be :

0/ BasiC rule : Except D100, alls dices can be rolls normally or automatically give MAX / 2 value. Exemple : D12 init become you take 6 or try rolling D12

1/ Affinities Rules (HS style) : All affinities and passions start at 10%. You have a fixed bonus without test depending on your skills, if you take a test and success your bonus is doubled but if you fail, your bonus is doubled and became a malus. The original passion rules with a 60% skill is a bit broken/flawed to me.

SKILLS % / Bonus
01-09 : 0%
10-29 : +10%
30-49 : +20%
50-69 : +30%
70-89 : +40%
90 & + : +50%

2/ Bow 2.0 : An archer with a server or prepared arrows (not in his quiver) ignore the 3RA to reload his arrows and can shoot multiple times per round attaining a realist fire rate (a professional longbow archer can at least shoot 10 arrow per minute up to 17 arrows/minute which equal 2-3 arrows per round). Time for reload bow and crossbow are not in Round but in RA so a 2 rounds reload mean 20 RA of reload with a chance to minimise this time by 1RA by spending 1FP (rq3) or take a 1% malus to skill for the rest of the fight (limited to half time reduction).

3/ Magic minimal adjustment : No Runic Multispell (Divine magic should no step in spirit domain) / Base spirit magic duration of 5min 10min / Quick Magic (from HQ) : Any Sorcerer can have one favorite spell precisely define and choosen in term of power, duration, range. This spell is linked to a focus and can be cast anytime at DEX RA (I highly recommand identify spell or Attract magic but not neutralize magic-rune-spirit spell).

Generally I try to avoid house rules that will clash too much with official supplements. 

Here are a few for Character Creation:

Size p.52 – The player can use SIZ +/- 1 to determine height or weight on the chart (this is flavor mostly)

Skill Category Modifiers p.57 – Cap modifiers from Secondary Characteristics at +20% (to avoid giants with massive modifiers) 

Handedness p.80 – Roll d%: 01 to 90, right-handed; 91 to 99, left-handed; 100, ambidextrous (again, mostly flavor)

Additional Experience p.81 – For each year over 21 choose one of the below (because having additional experience per increment of 10 years plainly sucks)

• Add +5% to an occupation or cult skill
  • Add +1 point of POW to your Rune points
  • Add +1 of spirit magic or sorcery spells
  • Add (x) Lunars 

You cannot choose the same benefit two years in a row.

Others that I am considering:

Base Skill Values p.61 – Change the following bases Dodge (30), Jump (40)

Damage Bonus p.56 – Add more granularity to damage bonuses.

STR+SIZ

Damage Bonus (d)

Damage Bonus (fixed)

0-4

-1d8

5-8

-1d6

9-12

-1d4

13-16

-1d2

17-24

+0

+0

25-28

+1d2

+1

29-32

+1d4

+2

33-36

+1d6

+3

36-40

+1d8

+4

41-44

+1d10

+5

45-56

+2d6

+7

Each+16

Additional +1d6

Additional +3.5 (round down)

None of this is really significant in the end.

From a gameplay perspective: 

Opposed Rolls p.142 – When a tie does not make sense, on a same level of success, whoever rolled higher, wins.

For Combat:

Melee Round p.137 and p.191 – Melee Rounds are a fluid duration, but 6 seconds is a good average. This is also mostly window dressing (it doesn't really change how combat works) but it help my suspension of disbelief that a professional soldier with 95% in his skill cannot attack more than one opponent in 12 seconds in the RAW.

Shield Statistics p.217 – Wicker and wooden shields have higher hit points. Different sizes provide defensive bonuses. Defensive bonuses are added to the Shield skill when parrying.

Type

HP

Size

Defensive Bonus

Hide

As per table

Small

+20%

Wicker

+1

Medium

+30%

Wood

+2

Large

+40%

I have also added a Closing maneuver for short weapon fighters

Others I am considering:

Splitting Attack p.202 – An adventurer may split attacks if each attack is 40% (not 50%) or higher. Thus, an adventurer can only split attacks  with a natural skill rating of 80% not 100%) or higher. 

Fight Defensively (BRP p.202) – An adventurer can forego all offensive actions in a Melee Round while remaining Engaged. In that case they can attempt an extra defense (dodge or parry) that does not impose an extra -20% penalty.

Placed Blow (New) – Alternative to Aimed Blow p.197. A character tries to create an opening in their opponent’s defense. For each SR by which they delay their attack (waiting for an opening), they can modify the hit location roll by +/-1

Rush the Attack (New) – Rush the Attack is used to act earlier in the MR (-20% per SR)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Size p.52 – The player can use SIZ +/- 1 to determine height or weight on the chart (this is flavor mostly)

I like stuff like this so players can imagine their characters the way they want more.

3 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

From a gameplay perspective: 

Opposed Rolls p.142 – When a tie does not make sense, on a same level of success, whoever rolled higher, wins.

Shield Statistics p.217 – Wicker and wooden shields have higher hit points. Different sizes provide defensive bonuses. Defensive bonuses are added to the Shield skill when parrying.

Type

HP

Size

Defensive Bonus

Hide

As per table

Small

+20%

Wicker

+1

Medium

+30%

Wood

+2

Large

+40%

The opposed roll one is one I considered for awhile, but decided against just for ease of (not having to do) explaining when it comes to players. Definitely logical though.

I have yet to play the new version of RQ but I want shields to be viable. Not sure what to do with it. Your option is good, but such solutions bug me slightly as it implies I should have to (sort of) remember change all the opponents chances/HP in supplements. Also, combat may take longer. But then again, I am considering stealing something like this From you :) Maybe just a HP raise, not sure it is enough...

I am curious, would you mind sharing how the Closing Manuever works? Once upon time there was a game called Dragonquest, and it had something called close combat. A sort of grapple with short weapons or no weapons combat. Not the same thing, I suspect, but always liked the concept.

• Like 1

I don't use many house rules but one that was used in the group i first played with that i just kept going with was to change the experience check to a experience tally. Successes worthy of a check adds a tally mark to that skill. When it is time for experience rolls the first mark on a skill allows for a roll, any additional mark gives a 1% bonus to the roll. This discourages the "I switch to my axe because I already hit with my sword" and also makes it a bit easier to raise high skills as well as skills a character uses a lot.

• Like 4

I keep an old HR from my RQ2 days, regarding long-vs-short weapons (and vs. unarmed).

When the weapons' SR modifiers differ by 2 or more, then only the one with the long weapon can attack "for effect."

The person with the short weapon must spend an attack on the long weapon itself, driving it "out of line" (or otherwise "bypass" the stabby damaging bit), and "close the range."  If  they succeed, the long-weapon wielder STILL gets a chance to parry.  Either Shortus missing, or Longinus parrying, will keep the range open (Shortus can opt (up front, before rolling)  to  take a hit  if they get a successful attack to close range; Longinus' parry-roll bcomes an attack which usually hits (only "missing" on a fumble, not an ordinary "miss," because Shortus has chosen to "take the hit" to close the range) but may still Special or Crit)).

Once Shortus closes the range, however, the situation is somewhat reversed -- they are "inside" Longinus' combat range, and Longinus needs a successful "open the range" attack before they can bring their weapon to bear again.  They have only a haft/pommel/etc to use, so a successful "open the range" attack does do a bit of damage, usually 1d3+DB; Shortus still gets to parry, though, both blocking the damage AND preventing the range from opening...

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 3:19 AM, Akhôrahil said:

I limit stackable Rune Magic to a maximum of half (round up) the caster's Rune Points in the cult (apart from Dismiss Magic). This both manages the abuse potential, and ensures some more variations. In a sufficiently mythic situation, this might be relaxed. It's amazing how many issues it solves all in one go!

That is something I like. I have played mostly in RQ3 and I have been used to a grittier Glorantha so I like HR that somewhat limits over the top magic.

Edited by DreadDomain

17 hours ago, Fred said:

I am curious, would you mind sharing how the Closing Maneuver works?

Sure. I simply feel that a closing mechanism is currently missing in the rules. This rule was inspired by RQ3 and BRP at first but I tried to mostly use concepts and framework already covered in RQG (Retreating, Knockback, Disarm, Weapon Types and of course Strike Ranks)

---------------------------------- 

Close Attack – An adventurer with a shorter weapon can try to get the advantage by slipping inside their opponent guard who in turn could try to reposition to stay at or regain optimal distance.

How to close the distance: there are two ways for someone with a short weapon to slide within the longer weapon fighter's defense:

• if the short weapon fighter gets a special or critical on their defense or attack, and chooses to close the distance instead of the usual benefits
  • if the short weapon fighter spends a MR successfully defending against the longer weapon fighter (basically using the Retreating rule (RQG p. 195) but to close the distance instead)

Benefits once the distance has been closed: Once inside the defense, the short weapon fighter will act at the latest 1 SR before the longer weapon fighter. If their skill is above 100% it gives them more room to deliver stabs in rapid succession.

Drawbacks once a fighter is being closed: Once closed, the longer weapon fighter halves all their weapon skills.

How to reopen the distance: The longer weapon fighter can regain their appropriate reach in the following ways:

• if the long weapon fighter gets a special or critical on their defense or attack and chooses to open the distance instead of the usual benefits.
  • if the long weapon fighter successfully disengages (RQG p. 195)

--------------------------------------------------

If you want more crunch and more effects, replace the benefits and drawbacks by the sections below: 

Benefits once the distance has been closed: Once inside the defense, the short weapon fighter only takes his DEX SR into account (making them faster). If their skill is above 100% it gives them more room to deliver stabs in rapid succession. (the DEX SR only bit is inspired by Steve Perrin).

Drawbacks once a fighter is being closed: Once closed, the longer weapon fighter takes a penalty on all actions based on his Weapon SR (inspired by the Disarm rule in Rune Fixes 1); SR 3 = -20%, SR 2 = -30%, SR 1 = -40%, SR 0 = -50%.

Their damage is also modified depending on the type of weapon used (this is really using the Weapon Types RQG p.207, to add some more flavor and mechanical effects).

• Hand-to-Hand and Cut and Thrust weapons damage is unchanged
  • Slashing and Crushing weapons damage excludes the damage modifier (not enough room for a good swing)
  • Impaling weapons are limited to attacking with the shaft at 1d6+DMod crushing.

Edited by DreadDomain
Edited for clarity
  • Thanks 1

I don't allow XP checks for Lore/Knowledge skills which don't have a box, but I do allow adventurers to include them as part of occupational experience each season.

I don't use the skills-over-100 rules as written in the core rulebook. (To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone say they do?)

I let each adventurer start with a "family gift." This could either be 3 characteristic points (as if from Bless Pregnancy, and to reflect what the adventurer's family wanted them to be), an item from the Heirlooms table (chosen, not rolled), or a 3-POW enchantment, subject to GM's discretion. Most have chosen extra characteristic points. As we've moved into troupe play and co-GMing, I chose a 3-POW Spirit Armor enchantment for my adventurer, and it's been a workhorse.

If a characteristic is under species average, I let adventurers train it in one season, instead of two. Still can't train POW.

I used to allow 1D3 instead of 1D3-1 for POW Gain rolls, but after finishing our first year of play in-game realized why it's 1D3-1. A flat 1D3 allows for very quick POW and RP gain, so I took it away (sorry players :D).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Sure. I simply feel that a closing mechanism is currently missing in the rules. This rule was inspired by RQ3 and BRP at first but I tried to mostly use concepts and framework already covered in RQG (Retreating, Knockback, Disarm, Weapon Types and of course Strike Ranks)

---------------------------------- 

The closing rules you described seem very realistic. I can see players could like them if the GM knows them by heart. Thanks for sharing.

50 minutes ago, Fred said:

The closing rules you described seem very realistic. I can see players could like them if the GM knows them by heart. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I don't know about being realistic but it's more about verisimilitude. Once everything is said and done, there are really two things that bug me with RQG in combat. First, that by RAW a professional soldier with 95% in their skill cannot attack more than one opponent in 12 seconds and second, that small weapons are always slower than long weapon. For the first, I simply state that the duration of a MR is an undefined duration that can literally stretch from a moment to 12 seconds and for the second, I use the closing maneuver which turns the table and gives the edge to the short, small and light weapons.

I am used to play GURPS and HERO and in the past, I was playing RQ3 with a more opened flow that made SR works like an impulse system (except for the reset after SR 10). RQG with a few house rules remain quite light and easy  :)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:29 AM, DreadDomain said:

Like. Consider it stolen.

Skill Category Modifiers p.57 – Cap modifiers from Secondary Characteristics at +20% (to avoid giants with massive modifiers) 

Needed.

Additional Experience p.81 – For each year over 21 choose one of the below (because having additional experience per increment of 10 years plainly sucks)

• Add +5% to an occupation or cult skill
  • Add +1 point of POW to your Rune points
  • Add +1 of spirit magic or sorcery spells
  • Add (x) Lunars 

You cannot choose the same benefit two years in a row.

Like. Almost stolen.

Base Skill Values p.61 – Change the following bases Dodge (30), Jump (40)

Good.

9 hours ago, Crel said:

I don't allow XP checks for Lore/Knowledge skills which don't have a box, but I do allow adventurers to include them as part of occupational experience each season.

Same for me.

9 hours ago, Crel said:

I don't use the skills-over-100 rules as written in the core rulebook. (To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone say they do?)

Idem.

9 hours ago, Crel said:

I let each adventurer start with a "family gift." This could either be 3 characteristic points (as if from Bless Pregnancy, and to reflect what the adventurer's family wanted them to be), an item from the Heirlooms table (chosen, not rolled), or a 3-POW enchantment, subject to GM's discretion. Most have chosen extra characteristic points. As we've moved into troupe play and co-GMing, I chose a 3-POW Spirit Armor enchantment for my adventurer, and it's been a workhorse.

Like.

9 hours ago, Crel said:

If a characteristic is under species average, I let adventurers train it in one season, instead of two. Still can't train POW.

Stolen.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, DreadDomain said:

Type

HP

Size

Defensive Bonus

Hide

As per table

Small

+20%

Wicker

+1

Medium

+30%

Wood

+2

Large

+40%

Have to check the consequences, but I like.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, DreadDomain said:

I'm going to fall back o RQ3 combat, where this was standard.

12 hours ago, Crel said:

What are you referring to and what do you (most of) you do differently?

4 hours ago, Kloster said:

I'm going to fall back o RQ3 combat, where this was standard.

That is quite the house rule!! 😀

Can you expand on this? There is quite a few differences that you might or might not use when you say "fall back on RQ3 combat" and I am curious to know how far you go.

• Movement is part of the normal melee flow
  • Actions limited to 2 of attack, parry and dodge (as opposed to multiple defenses at a cumulative -20%)
  • Splitting attacks only vs different opponents
  • Multiple actions are 3 SR appart
  • Damage done to weapons in combat works differently

There may also be other implications:

• Compute SR as per RQ3 with 10 SR per melee round
  • Use weapons stats as per RQ3
  • Compute HP as per RQ3
  • Split attack % and parry %

I am sure I must be forgetting other things.

Bh the way, even closing in RQ3 we house ruled with something similar to my above post because in RQ3, closing was only a function of the ability of both opponent to move.

I am very interested because I would have preferred RQG to be based on RQ3 (scaling back annoying stuff) but there are still things I prefer in RQG (how multiple defenses work as an example).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fred said:

What are you referring to and what do you (most of) you do differently?

The rules are on page 144 of the core rulebook:

If the opponent is trying to parry, block, Dodge, or otherwise oppose the adventurer’s ability, then 100%+ ability gives a greater chance of preventing that opposition. If the highest rated participant in an opposed roll has an ability rating above 100%, the difference between 100 and their ability rating is subtracted from the ability of everyone in the contest (including themselves).

I just roll abilities unmodified, and allow for the greater chances of a special or critical success if the skill is over 100%.

It's worth noting that making die rolls at over 100% isn't common, but it also isn't rare, due to augments on Rune affinities or Passions, or spell enhancements (in particular Weapon Trance stands out here).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

That is quite the house rule!! 😀

Yes. Definitely.

Can you expand on this? There is quite a few differences that you might or might not use when you say "fall back on RQ3 combat" and I am curious to know how far you go.

• Movement is part of the normal melee flow

Yes. Much easier to compute and avoid a lot of problems caused by the whole movement made in 1 shot.

• Actions limited to 2 of attack, parry and dodge (as opposed to multiple defenses at a cumulative -20%)

+ spells, but yes.

• Splitting attacks only vs different opponents

Not mandatory, but probably yes for coherency.

• Multiple actions are 3 SR appart

Yes, because of the 10 SR round.

• Damage done to weapons in combat works differently

Yes, because no combat matrix because the less table the better. This one slows down combat flow.

There may also be other implications:

• Compute SR as per RQ3 with 10 SR per melee round

Yes. 10 SR makes calculation easier for long duration castings (too bad for sorceror or big sword trance, but this is not a problem).

• Use weapons stats as per RQ3

Yes. There is a bit of work to start with RQG weapon chart and give the right values.

• Compute HP as per RQ3

Yes.

10 hours ago, DreadDomain said:
  • Split attack % and parry %

Yes.

I am sure I must be forgetting other things.

Yes. Using the RQ3 creation table for SR calculation (SIZ and DEX), separate skills for attack and parry (with parry using agility modifier), no substraction for opposed rolls with skills above 100% (but of course that means a higher probability of specials and criticals). I'm surely forgetting some others.

because in RQ3, closing was only a function of the ability of both opponent to move.

For us, it worked fine.

I would have preferred RQG to be based on RQ3 (scaling back annoying stuff)

Same for me.

but there are still things I prefer in RQG

ditto. For me, among others, the Runes, Rune points, chase rules, economics abstraction.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kloster said:

Yes. Definitely.

Yes. Much easier to compute and avoid a lot of problems caused by the whole movement made in 1 shot.

+ spells, but yes.

Not mandatory, but probably yes for coherency.

Yes, because of the 10 SR round.

Yes, because no combat matrix because the less table the better. This one slows down combat flow.

Yes. 10 SR makes calculation easier for long duration castings (too bad for sorceror or big sword trance, but this is not a problem).

Yes. There is a bit of work to start with RQG weapon chart and give the right values.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Using the RQ3 creation table for SR calculation (SIZ and DEX), separate skills for attack and parry (with parry using agility modifier), no substraction for opposed rolls with skills above 100% (but of course that means a higher probability of specials and criticals). I'm surely forgetting some others.

For us, it worked fine.

Same for me.

ditto. For me, among others, the Runes, Rune points, chase rules, economics abstraction.

Wow, you are going back to RQ3, no kidding! Are you also using RQ3 skill categories?

Are you mostly using RQG for character creation (except for how some attributes like SR, HP, etc are computed), use RQ3 combat and RQG for mostly everything else (magic, runes, reputation, encumbrance, etc)?

If so, you might be very close to what I would have like RQG to be.

33 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Wow, you are going back to RQ3, no kidding!

For combat, yes.

33 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Are you also using RQ3 skill categories?

I still don't know. I don't like having the modifiers coming from tables. I prefer having the RQ3 formulas where every attribute point counts (and that avoids also the problem of a high strength giant that has a combat modifier so high it hits every time, and also with RQG combat, that you can't hit), but my mind is not yet made, because I am afraid of loosing some equilibrium. For instance, the magic category modifier is completely different between RQ3 and RQG. I will perhaps try to use RQ3-like formulas to the RQG categories. That would remove the 5% steps for a single point of attribute that the RQ2/RQG tables are creating, limit the bonus created by secondary attributes and remove a few tables.

36 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Are you mostly using RQG for character creation (except for how some attributes like SR, HP, etc are computed), use RQ3 combat and RQG for mostly everything else (magic, runes, reputation, encumbrance, etc)?

Basically, yes. There are also some other points that I don't like in RQG, but they are either minor, or very easily corrected/bypassed/ignored (The '1 adventure per by season' for example).

The only points that really bothers me is the passions: I hate having the SYSTEM telling me what my character has to do (but no problem having the game world telling me how he should behave), but is it quite integral to the system and is the base of the Runes rules.

4 hours ago, Crel said:

The rules are on page 144 of the core rulebook:

I just roll abilities unmodified, and allow for the greater chances of a special or critical success if the skill is over 100%.

It's worth noting that making die rolls at over 100% isn't common, but it also isn't rare, due to augments on Rune affinities or Passions, or spell enhancements (in particular Weapon Trance stands out here).

Thanks. I am definitely going to try the RQG rules here, and see how it goes first, as I spontaneously liked them. Maybe I’ll be one of the masses soon enough, who knows. :)

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Thanks. I am definitely going to try the RQG rules here, and see how it goes first, as I spontaneously liked them. Maybe I’ll be one of the masses soon enough, who knows. :)

Hope they work well for you :).

There's a very real possibility they're better than my intuition. And, after all, my main source of discussion on the rules has been this rather-opinionated forum, so there's plenty of chance we're not the majority, but just think we are. :D

Anyway, whatever makes your game work well for you is the correct way to play. But if you find you do really like 'em, I'd love to hear what makes the rules work for you. Could be I'm wrong!

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Yes. The best way is for sure to start by RAW, and then, if some part does not fit what you expect, eventually change what does not fit.

6 minutes ago, Crel said:

And, after all, my main source of discussion on the rules has been this rather-opinionated forum, so there's plenty of chance we're not the majority, but just think we are.

Same for me, but I am almost sure we are a minority.

7 minutes ago, Crel said:

But if you find you do really like 'em, I'd love to hear what makes the rules work for you. Could be I'm wrong!

Same for me.

• Like 1