LIGHT WITHOUT SHADOW, BLADE WITHOUT EDGE - A Fantasy Adventure For BRP Heroes

Trifletraxor

Thank you for the welcome. Well when I am done with my current project I'll be getting back to The Gold Road. It's going to be much longer so I'll probally not be done with it until the end of September.

If you want to read more about the world you can catch my "unedited" work at D&D 3.5 Avalyn Adventure (8 years of game write-ups) - RPGnet Forums

This is the ongoing adventure log from my campaign, warning there is little spelling or punctuation done, its just a record to help me keep the game straight.

David

My deadline to get it to Dustin is the end of September...however I will probally need to ask for more time since I have another project for a different company that just popped up, so Gold Road will probally slip a bit.

Gold Road is fully titled, "Her Salvation, a Golden Road in The Sky." But the title is too long so it's just "The Gold Road."

I don't have any cover art yet.

David

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Light without Shadow opens well. The text is written in a clear, concise language, the layout is good, the included maps are nice. The mono has a lot of good points to it. There is a nice mix of roleplaying opportunities, investigation and fighting, and the setting that is hinted at throughout the scenario looks interesting. All well written. The scenario starts the PC''s off as caravan guards, leading into a nice, investigative adventure. And this investigation leads to another, very good adventure, where the PC's are sent hunting for artifacts in a hostile land. Unfortunately, the author here makes some bad storychoices, sending what could have been a solid adventure into the bog. What's worse is that most of these bad choices are totally unnecessary, serving only to break the pace of an otherwise good adventure.

The author makes a lot of reference to what seems to be an interesting, well developed setting. If this setting were to expanded and explained, some of what I perceived as poor scenariodesign, might make sense. The scenario is still salvagable(and the plot is still decent), but what you get here is primarily a very good example on how to write a scenario, and an equally good example on how to ruin a perfectly good story.

It can be run as is, but most would probably tinker a lot with it in order to fit it into their fantasy-setting. And by converting it, it would lose much of it's originality. As the author explains little of the background of the world the scenario is set in, it's kind of between a rock and a hard place.

• 1 month later...

Hey!

"Her Salvation, a Golden Road in The Sky!" is due to Chaosium in August and then it's up to them on printing deadlines.

Basically the plot revolves around a caravan carrying a very valuable carge from the deep southern regions to the city of Sylvia's Rest. It's a excuse for the characters to expore the world and see more of it than they did in "Light Without Darkness, Blade Without Edge."

I promise no time travelling...

Promise

David

• 1 month later...

2 months away from my deadline for "Her Salvation, A Golden Road in The Sky." I've been pulled away from this by several other projects and a dose of RL, but I can see the end of it.

A this point it's finishing up sub modules and such. I was just looking through the table of content and noticed that the darn thing has 6 supplemental indexes:

Index 1 - From the Optional Rule Checklist

Index 2 - Tattoo Magic

Index 3 - Bards Songs and performing

Index 4 - Major Alliance, The Church of Chaldisaya

Index 5 - Notable NPC’s

Abner Canel

Agloria Martby, Prime Paladin

Cirril Myrhone, Jag Voc

Colin Hostigo’s

Kahrl Nestor, Companion

Kyne Borge

Morgan Borge

Index 5 - Terms and persona’s

Distaria I

Stephen II

Hin Gon

An Arc Alida

An Arc Morgana Tesh

Pre-generated Characters

Index 6 - Hand Outs

Story of Myrhone (Hand-out)

The Final Saga of Gerold Shieldbeard

So even if you don't run the adventure you'll get alot of stuff and a huge dose of the world.

Best

David

• 4 months later...