Premiering this Saturday: THE WHITE BULL CAMPAIGN, RuneQuest Roleplaying in Glorantha actual play, on Chaosium Twitch

MOB

6 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

@Jeff, I have come to quite enjoy watching this weekly gaming! I was even disappointed when this week's viewing was cancelled because of technical issues. Hopefully it's going to be back next week so I can get my fix ;)

It will be! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just catching up on the last few episodes. Loving it. Nisk is kicking ass!

It's a minor nitpick, but I seem to remember something about Extension only being usable with "Stackable" spells. That would preclude using Charisma and Extension together. I can't find it now, I thought it was in the official Q&A, but it's not there. I think it must have been something Jason or Jeff said on Facebook during the discussion on Sword Trance.

Looking back at the wording, Extension never mentions "stacking", just "any temporal Rune spell" and that the spells are cast simultaneously. So I think this concern is gone, it was just a mistake that anyone said they can't be extended.

Edited by PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, lordabdul said:
21 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

Is there any episode in which the PCs participate in a heroquest?

Nope.

Well, it's about time there was!

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 2 weeks later...

@Jeff, in another thread that went way off topic, I said:

"I generally don't watch people gaming but this series I enjoy. I like the characters and how the players portray them, I like the pictures of each characters (very evocative) and I like that the story is tied to current events and to specific locations. The maps and pictures that Jeff flashes once in a while are very useful."

Your games is obviously drawing heavily on past publications on Pavis and the Big Rubble. I was wondering what are your main source for your game? Classic "Pavis", "The Big Rubble" and "Borderlands"? The Glorantha Classics "Pavis and the Big Rubble" and "Borderlands and Beyond"? HeroQuest "Pavis: Gateway to Adventures"? A combination?  

• 1 month later...

Gosh what luck, I’m just getting to storm season and sacred time 1625, just at the very moment when the White Bull Campaign is covering this.  Listening in, this is a great resource.  Perhaps I’m just lucky, because what Jeff’s doing ties in beautifully with my own half formed ideas, but I have to say it couldn’t be a better resource for my campaign! 

So, I would heartily recommend it.

However, for those who would just like to dip in, first I found it difficult to find the episodes I wanted.  After a bit of frustration with google search, I found it was easiest navigating from the Chaosium you tube site, so to remind of Scotty's link:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ChaosiumInc/videos

Secondly, it would be very useful if each episode were to have a title and date to navigate by.

I can supply for the episodes I’ve seen:

23: Storm Season 1625, Entrance to Boldhome and audience with Prince Kallyr Starbrow

24: Storm Season 1625, Orlanth’s High Holy Day and the Brontosaurus dance

25: Sacred Time 1625, Kallyr’s Lightbringer Quest, the arming of Kallyr

26: Sacred Time 1625, Kallyr’s Lightbringer Quest, decent to hell

27: Sacred Time 1625, Kallyr’s Lightbringer Quest, to the Court of the Maggot Liege; Yelm's court of the dead gods.

28: Sacred Time 1625, Kallyr's Lightbringer Quest, the Summons of Evil goes awry. 

I must admit, sometime in the future, my players will have an audience with Argrath, so I’m sure there’s a lot of material in the recordings for this, but if anyone knows where...

Edited by Stephen L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Stephen L said:

Secondly, it would be very useful if each episode were to have a title and date to navigate by.

I can supply for the episodes I’ve seen:

Agree with this!

I have watched episodes 1-8.  I don't recall the dates, but these included the nomad conquest of Pavis, guarding Argrath against assassins, the Battle of Hender's Ruins, the sack of Moonbroth, and a journey to Swenstown.