Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/22/2020 at 12:05 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

Heck, maybe even ask Joerg about lore...

Ain't there supposed to be a time limit on this thing? :D

13 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Hey listen, if you lovely folk have questions, this is the forum.

I know I'm ineligible for neato prizes as a sponsor of the contest, but are y'all interested in entries for Dishonorable Mention? Popped in my head recently, and with the extended deadline, I'm considering muddling something together...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glorantha has talent, or at least that is the impression amongst our Wind Words podcast crew, and we thought, “why not bring this talent into the spotlight?” So…. It’s time for a contest! Wh

I've attached the 2012 edition of the Gloranthan Songbook to this post. Have fun! Glorantha Songbook Continuum 2012 v1.00.pdf

You mean that our recording of Pelorian Rhapsody's introduction for Episode 4 of Wind Words doesn't qualify as "professionally recorded"? I'm HURT 😅😂

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Crel said:

Ain't there supposed to be a time limit on this thing? :D

13 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Behave Crel!

 

12 minutes ago, Crel said:

I know I'm ineligible for neato prizes as a sponsor of the contest, but are y'all interested in entries for Dishonorable Mention? Popped in my head recently, and with the extended deadline, I'm considering muddling something together...

Well as you say, you are not eligible (as cool as it is do you really need an omnibus issue of MoTM 1-8?. Still, put something together and post it here as an example just for the fun of it As to a dishonourable mention... we can’t. One of our guiding principles at the very beginning was to be nice, kind of an anti-Simon C.  We decided early on to accept all entries with good grace and treat them like gold their creators consider them to be. What the heck, we like y’all!

Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

As to a dishonourable mention... we can’t. One of our guiding principles at the very beginning was to be nice, kind of an anti-Simon C.

(I'd meant myself as Dishonorable, since I'm not supposed to participate... :D )

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

A while ago we announced that we would delay our deadline for this contest. But that new Deadline is approaching fast - Monday the 5th, Midnight Pacific Daylight Time. That's a bit less than five days from now.

Give your creative ideas an outlet. The more, the merrier.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Time is ticking, and the Lovechild (?) of Arachne Solara and Kajabor allows no turning back.

We now have less than 24 hours remaining until the deadline of "Glorantha Has Talent?", and you can still submit your masterpiece or your drunken drivel to the enjoyment or at least amusement of us, our judges, and possibly the entire listenership of Wind Words. Your chance to step into the spotlight on the Gloranthan stage, and possibly win one of our prizes donated by our sponsors.

What's holding you back?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Joerg, yes this is it,

Thanks for the entries all. So nice to know people love their Glorantha and wish to share that with you all. Great stuff! It's a little after eight in the morning (PST) of the 5th we still have time for a few more entries to come winging their way to our magical dropbox in the clouds. Will that be you? Will soaring on the wings of imagination award you the title of Prince, Chieftain or Thane? And the rich choice of prizes found on Page two of the fine topic? The spider knows!

Enter today, Monday, October the fifth before midnight PST!

Good luck to all our great competitors!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And that’s it ladies and gentlemen! We arrive at the beginning of the end of out magical flights of fancy we call Glorantha Has Talent?

Oh do not misunderstand, we still have a bunch of magic to revel in, and share with you lover’s of Glorantha! Who won, what stories get told, what wonderful things do our contestants bring to life with their wits and talents? I am very pleased to announce that we have a Light Bringers Quest number of entries... 7 great entries and if you wish to know what tales get told, may I will suggest you keep your ears peeled for rumours of Wind Words, Episode 008 the Glorantha Has Talent! episode where we sail proudly into the lands of legends and myth led by our contestants: troubadours and poets of renown all (or they will be one day, if not now)!

I must say though, with all the great entries I am glad I am not a Judge! 

Thanks all!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 2:45 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

7 great entries

I'm glad to have made up the numbers. 

Although looking again at your wording, I now realise that there were 7 great entries, which means an unspecified number of entries in the "other" category.  Unfortunately, mine is definitely in other...  Near the bottom.  (Near is being kind.  In fact, you'll need a scraper to get it off that bottom.)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Stephen L said:

Although looking again at your wording, I now realise that there were 7 great entries, which means an unspecified number of entries in the "other" category.  Unfortunately, mine is definitely in other...  Near the bottom.  (Near is being kind.  In fact, you'll need a scraper to get it off that bottom.)

Ah stop yer phishing, I’m on to you... You’ll find out soon enough!!! :)

Edited by Bill the barbarian
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 2:45 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

Oh do not misunderstand, we still have a bunch of magic to revel in, and share with you lover’s of Glorantha! Who won, what stories get told, what wonderful things do our contestants bring to life with their wits and talents?

A vote of many thanks for all the people who have generously given up their time that has made the Glorantha has Talent? competition a real blast; to the organisers, the judges, prize providers and competitors.


For those who want to hear the outcome of all this activity: Listen at Windwords (https://windwords.fm).  As I said, it’s a blast. 
 

On 10/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Boldhome wasn’t built in a a day

If no-one else will bite, Oh yes it was (well the walls...)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And the results are in, The winners are flying to Acapulco Bay for 2 weeks of quarantine (don’t feel sorry for them they will have their own Michellin awarded chef and a world class beach all to themselves) for a winter of fun in the sun at lordabdul’s opulent Casino Royale!*

But these prizes are nothing compared to the riches of Glornatha Goodness three of these great entertainers will walk away with...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png.9cce049282cc5dbd3e3d8e0ee079f1da.png

Now stop yer droolin’ ya had yer chance!

* Yer mileage may friggin well vary!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed no one has mentioned yet the wonderful array of Gloranthan songs, jokes, and stories that were submitted to the contest and that you can listen to here:

https://windwords.fm/

I had a lot of fun listening to your 8th podcast and hearing to the judges and your merry laughter!
 😄👍

Kudos to all contestants, the submissions are excellent! I love the cover of Now that's what I call illumination and its unsettling effect. Leika's Eulogy for Kallyr gave e goose bumps, and I thought Red Moon Burning would win! Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by Runeblogger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

I'm amazed no one has mentioned yet the wonderful array of Gloranthan songs, jokes, and stories that were submitted to the contest and that you can listen to here:

 

Thank you iwas hoping someone would and it could not be me to appear genuine.

 

9 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

I had a lot of fun listening to your 8th podcast and hearing to the judges and your merry laughter!

Thank you good sir!

9 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Kudos to all contestants, the submissions are excellent! I love the cover of Now that's what I call illumination and its unsettling effect. Leika's Eulogy for Kallyr gave e goose bumps, and I thought Red Moon Burning would win! Well done everyone!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

As I said, I was getting incredibly nervous, Maybe no-one listened. Maybe it was all done in a very distant vacuum. Again I was in an awkward position of truly wanting to say how incredible the contestants and their entries were. but not wanting to sound like a lone voice crying out in the cold praxian chaparral and the Copper Sands!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...