THE SMOKING RUIN & OTHER STORIES is now available in hardback and special edition leatherette

MOB

1238386078_SmokingRuinHardbackandLeatherette.png.179b1e18adaf90ca664bc942846dff63.png

Time to head into the wild... a collection of ready-to-play scenarios for RuneQuest!

THE SMOKING RUIN & OTHER STORIES is now available in hardback and special edition leatherette!

Order yours today, directly from Chaosium. Includes PDF.
Hardcover
Leatherette

Note: currently available from our US, UK, and EU warehouses. Still on the way to our Australian and Canadian warehouses!

• Like 9

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Lee Rich said:

I already have the .pdf version. How to I go about getting the cost of that taken off the cost of the hard copy?

If you bought the pdf from Chaosium site, you should have received an email with coupon in it.
If bought elsewere, no luck...

30 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

If you bought the pdf from Chaosium site, you should have received an email with coupon in it.
If bought elsewere, no luck...

I'm not sure it's possible to buy the PDF from anywhere else.... but yes, this is correct. @Lee Rich look for an email from Chaosium with the subject "The Smoking Ruin is here!", it contains the coupon at the bottom.

I'm going to wait for the Pegasus Plateau and grab a handful of books in one go (including some recent releases for Call of Cthulhu).

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Thanks for the replies. I've checked my 'confirmation of order email' with the link to download the .pdf, but no token. I've got the order number though. Do I quote that on my order for the hard copy, or am I just missing something obvious?

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:

I'm not sure it's possible to buy the PDF from anywhere else.

Yes it is, but I will not say where as we all want to buy from Chaosium and get our free PDFs in advance and support our buds, right?

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:

I'm going to wait for the Pegasus Plateau and grab a handful of books in one go (including some recent releases for Call of Cthulhu).

Here in Valind’s glacier it is a bit expensive to ship!

12 minutes ago, Lee Rich said:

Thanks for the replies. I've checked my 'confirmation of order email' with the link to download the .pdf, but no token. I've got the order number though. Do I quote that on my order for the hard copy, or am I just missing something obvious?

If bought from Chaosium.com a quick letter to customerservice@chaosium.com has always solved in any issues I have had. The customer service has been wonderful. (yet another reason to deal with Chaosium)!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

28 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

has the Canadian Warehouse meant a (substantial) decrease in shipping costs?

The new books are not in the Canadian warehouse yet (you can see the list of flags on the item's page)... but I looked at some items that are there, like the RQG rulebook, and the shipping rate is the same as shipping something from the US, so I'm a bit confused?

image.png.e6e8098202696b215361c072687e8d43.png

(FYI, this is for shipping to BC, which may be on the other side of the continent from where the Canadian warehouse is, which I suppose is somewhere in Ontario)

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Ah scratch that. There's a bug with the Chaosium website that I noticed a while ago, where my "saved address" never gets restored right.... it sets the "Apartment/Suite/Building" to "NULL", and fails to set the province (it stays on "Select a State"). I *always* have to fix it up every time I order something.

Once I selected the province (British Columbia), it updated the shipping cost! Victory in picture:

image.png.c24d63ad6096ecd9dec3ea2d8214d43b.png

So we just need to wait for the Canadian warehouse to receive the new books.

Edited by lordabdul

Canadian postage costs are not low, even within Canada, unless you are shipping from Ontario to somewhere else in Ontario. That sucks, but there's not much we can do about that. Canada doesn't have a wonderful media mail rate like the USPS does. I have no doubt that Amazon would charge far less, but Chaosium is not Amazon.

• Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Canadian postage costs are not low, even within Canada, unless you are shipping from Ontario to somewhere else in Ontario. That sucks, but there's not much we can do about that.

But... I thought your Mergers and Acquisitions department was currently negotiating the purchase of Canada. That should solve the issue.

6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I have no doubt that Amazon would charge far less, but Chaosium is not Amazon.

... Sure, buying Amazon would work too...

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, lordabdul said:

Same here. Trying to bundle a few books together to make the shipping cost more palatable. Nowadays I do not buy a lot of physical books but RQG is a bit too tempting...

• Like 1

@lordabdul  I'm also in the same area of BC - shipping has been pricey, but as noted, combining purchases brings it down - 2 to 4 books (depending on weight) seem to be the sweet spot. 

The RQG pdf is on DriveThru and the hardcopy avail through Amazon Canada, although combined price may be more. I've bought most of my kit at Chaosium in order to get it as soon as possible, and to support the rune lords! (I already ordered Smoking Ruins h/c!)  You might also try Imperial Hobbies in Richmond, I've seen RQG on the shelf there before.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 6:38 PM, lordabdul said:

Ah interesting, I didn't know USPS had special rates for books! That's neat.

It's a Ben Franklin thing.

Until/unless the GOP kills the USPS, of course.  Then it'll just be another part of the current administration's "Make America Pathetic" campaign.

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

23 hours ago, Bud said:

The RQG pdf is on DriveThru and the hardcopy avail through Amazon Canada...

At a guess, the direct-from-Chaosium price will still be lower, because of Chaosium's "Book + PDF at the price of the hardcopy" policy...  But if your financial picture is "every last <smallest unity of money in your nation> counts," then you'd best research your local options...

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, MOB said:

Note: currently available from our US, UK, and EU warehouses. Still on the way to our Australian and Canadian warehouses!

Still unaccounted for in Australia. Is this a matter of days, weeks or months before they land down under?

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Is it me or is the illustration on p45 wrong?  It seems to be implied that this is a picture of Ereneva Chan (high priestess of Ernalda) but this is, I think, Erannina Chan, her sister and Rune Lord of Babeester Gor? (from p27 of the RQ Gamemaster Adventures)

Edited by lordabdul

3 hours ago, lordabdul said:

Is it me or is the illustration on p45 wrong?  It seems to be implied that this is a picture of Ereneva Chan (high priestess of Ernalda) but this is, I think, Erannina Chan, her sister and Rune Lord of Babeester Gor? (from p27 of the RQ Gamemaster Adventures)

I believe you are correct.