Secrets of Dorastor (Jonstown Compendium)

soltakss

Another review for Secrets of Dorastor. Don't forget that it is part of the DTRPG Sale.

[5 Stars] I bought this book because I had discovered the authors website for Glorantha and because I was fascinated by his view of high power, no holds barred RuneQuest, I was not dissappointed!

Secrets of Dorastor is deeply bonkers and shot through with pure gold!

There is just so much great stuff in here with each baddie more deranged than the last but all making complete sense within the context of the living hell that is Dorastor!

If you want to challenge (or just punish ;)) your players send them into Dorastor, they won't know what hit them, honorable broo Humakiti?! 150m tall giants! Evil Demi Gods! Micro Broo! (Not the drink)

The magic items are great the organisations are excellent, there are really nice scenario hooks, on average 3 or 4 PER PAGE and there is even stuff for loads of areas surrounding Dorastor!

Buy it ! [WARNING CONTAINS ADULT THEMES ;)]
  • Like 5

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 10 months later...

Another 5* Review for Secrets of Dorastor by Leon K, bringing it to eight 5* Reviews and another eight 5* Ratings, making 16 in all:

I am not an unbiased reviewer, as I have dealings with the author, but this is an awsome product and well worth the price.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/318512/Secrets-of-Dorastor?affiliate_id=66807

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

So now that it is an Electrum best seller, is there a prospect of going Print On Demand?

I am waiting for the proof copy to drop in my doorstep. Once it does, and I have checked it, we should be good to go. 

Maybe in the next couple of weeks, if I don't need to make any changes.

• Like 4

On 5/31/2021 at 9:44 AM, soltakss said:

I am waiting for the proof copy to drop in my doorstep.

There is a parcel waiting for me at the Post office. I tried to collect it yesterday but the collection office was only open from 0800-1000! It is open from 0800-1200 today, so I'll pick it up this morning. Assuming it is Secrets of Dorastor, I can check it later today.

• Thanks 2

The Hardcopy and Bundle for Secrets of Dorastor are now live.

The Eagle-Eyed amongst you might have noticed that there is not a discount for the hardcopy if you have previously bought the PDF. This is intentional, to reduce the impact on DTRPG Customer Services.

However, because I am a nice GM and you rolled 01 on your Bargain skill, or I rolled 100, if you send me a screenshot (soltakss@yahoo.com) showing that you have previously bought the PDF and have also bought the Hardcopy, or have bought the Hardcopy and PDF Bundle, I will send you a $10 Gift Certificate to your DTRPG account. This, of course, comes with some Terms and conditions:

• Only 1 Discount per Order
  • Screenshots have to be complete enough to show the two orders
  • You need to tell me the Email Address that you used for your DTRPG Order
  • If this is abused, I will discontinue the offer

So, if I have 10 sales after the hardcopy has gone live and receive 20 emails saying that people have bought the hardcopy I will make some checks and suspend the offer. I might even send Wally after you ...

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/318512/Secrets-of-Dorastor?affiliate_id=66807

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Requests for a refund of $10.00 for those purchasing Secrets of Dorastor in both hardcopy and PDF have dried up. 

I keep checking my SPAM, just in case, but nothing has come through.

So, a reminder, anyone who has bought the Hardcopy and PDF of Secrets of Dorastor, either separately or together, can email me at soltakss@yahoo.com with a screenshot of the orders and I will send a DTRPG Gift Certificate $10.00 to the email address used for the order.

For those who may be worried whether I can afford this, I am simply using the markup from the Secrets of Dorastor hardcopy for this, so have no fears about that!

• 2 weeks later...

Another 5* Review for Secrets of Dorastor, this one by Scott S, taking it to 9 5* Reviews and 8 5* Ratings, so 17 in all:
Where your SuperWorld characters go to die. This is a womderful product that outshines the previous Gloranthan renaissance.