Building Gringles

D

5 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Some of the buildings with gables have the upper gable (the triangular part) emerge from the main wall, is that a specific architectural detail, or just a relic of the graphical engine used? (ex. 1:10)

the one at 1:10 is the temple of Uleria, I need to add coupling caryatids to support the roof, as described in the gamemaster adventure book, but I'm still deciding how explicit I want them to be.

the apparent graininess is an artifact of the video recording caused by the detail of the grass and tree leaves, I think I've got to the point where it has to be stationary camera shots and multiple cameras.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, Qizilbashwoman said:

heretical Lunar pumpkin sighted

real Orlanthi eat turnips and like it, not New World foods like "chiles", "potatoes", "maize", and "pumpkin"

Why eat turnips when there are cabbages, onions, carrots, beets, gourds, lettuce, olives, and egg-plants.  I notice that tomatoes didn't make the new world veggie list, tut tut 🙂

• 2 months later...
Here's my latest video of my Apple Lane build, traveling east through the village to Birn's squeeze. I've decided to use plain pillars for the Uleria temple as I'm planning on showing it to my brothers kids and don't fancy explaining to them what the people are doing.

I don't know why this has got a black back ground and I can't seem to get rid of it.
Edited by D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/23/2021 at 2:46 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

Yum, roasted roots, especially parsnip! This topic has me salivating more that any since the Meals in Glorantha of a few years ago. 

Can't stand parsnips, they're the dangleberries from Satans own hairy bottom as far as I'm concerned. But  roasted root veggies as a concept is fine, and swede and carrot mash with a dollop of butter and some ground black pepper is lovely.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:32 AM, Sir_Godspeed said:

Chimneys are going to be "ahistorical" even if we consider the third age Gloranthans to be living in an era more akin to the Hellenistic times than Bronze Age. However, ultimately, Glorantha is not the RW so... I guess chimneys exist, are kinda newfangled, and only available to the wealthy. Sounds workable, imho.

Remember that Second Age Glorantha was pretty technically advanced.

• Like 2