Berlin '61 - Has anyone seen this?

The Tweaker

I would be very interested in this type of campaign/setting.

Hmm then I will shift focus for a supplement for B61 that covers just espionage and spy stuff. It will be designed so it can be used as a supplement to the mythos style horror for B61 or just Early Cold War espionage hi-jinx.

Should be fun to write.

Anyone else interested in this setting of this style?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. And very important is IMO the support of the whole setting with some good ready to play spy adventures.

Its not that I am against the mythos or such. I even think that some subtile links to occultism and horror could spice the setting up.

But what I dont find very appealing is that the big enemy are again the outer gods and not the "other political fraction". This is detracting from the focus and I fear it would be degrading Berlin to nothing more than another Delta Green variant.

Yes. And very important is IMO the support of the whole setting with some good ready to play spy adventures.

Its not that I am against the mythos or such. I even think that some subtile links to occultism and horror could spice the setting up.

But what I dont find very appealing is that the big enemy are again the outer gods and not the "other political fraction". This is detracting from the focus and I fear it would be degrading Berlin to nothing more than another Delta Green variant.

I'm also in favour of the occult part not having too much of a Lovecraftian flavour, but being something researched by the other side. Some summonings gone wrong could also be fun though.

SGL.

Actually while the mythos-rip off deities are the primary "evil" in the world the actual bad guys for Berlin '61 were to be the governemnt agencies. It was all about various agencies and organizations trying to use mythos related artifacts, powers, rituals and what not to attain thier political goals.

Actually while the mythos-rip off deities are the primary "evil" in the world the actual bad guys for Berlin '61 were to be the governemnt agencies. It was all about various agencies and organizations trying to use mythos related artifacts, powers, rituals and what not to attain thier political goals.

That sounds cool. Can't wait to get it!

But as mentioned earlier by someone else in this thread, most of us love to see some scenarios too! ;)

SGL.

So that's where I left the Ark of the Covenant.:D

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

That would be a totally cool setting. Artifacts that were lost or hidden during WWI and WWII could be surfacing, found, or hunted during the years following WWII. Rather than risk total war again, the governments, their agencies, or rogue factions would be doing covert operations and machiations. Sprinkle and dash in some horror and Mythos-esk materials and *poof* you have an really cool background for a spy/cold war setting.

Awsome!

BRP Ze 32/420

I could see it being used as a behind the scenes excuse for the ending of the cold war.

For instance, what if some faction released something that they couldn't control, and so East and West had to work together to lay the horror to rest before it destroyed the world?

I could even lead to some secret treaties down the line-MALT (Mythos Armament Limitation Treaty). :P

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

I could see it being used as a behind the scenes excuse for the ending of the cold war.

For instance, what if some faction released something that they couldn't control, and so East and West had to work together to lay the horror to rest before it destroyed the world?

I could even lead to some secret treaties down the line-MALT (Mythos Armament Limitation Treaty). :P

Kind of like giving them a choice of having the World ruled by Evil Capitalist/Godless Communist or having Cthullu eat it .

PK,

What's the difference between the Players Manual and the core book?

Well I hate the word redundant, but to answer your question honestly, yes. The B61PM is not needed to play or understand B61 at all. It is a companion piece to the core rules the houses all the basic info a player needs for his or her character (skills, character generation, equipment). Its a cheaper alternative then having 2 or 3 copies of the main book to ease character creation, but is totally unnecessary if you already have GORE or a similar BRP book to begin with.

The same will go for the GMsGuide due next year. Its a handy resource with some bonus material, but all the basic game needs is B61 and GORE (or BRP like base game).

So if you are on that much of a budget and dont want to spend the money ($1.25 for PDF and rought $9 for print with shipping) then Id stay away from it.

Sure I want you hard earned money but I also want to be true and honest with fellow gamers.

Well I hate the word redundant, but to answer your question honestly, yes. The B61PM is not needed to play or understand B61 at all. It is a companion piece to the core rules the houses all the basic info a player needs for his or her character (skills, character generation, equipment). Its a cheaper alternative then having 2 or 3 copies of the main book to ease character creation, but is totally unnecessary if you already have GORE or a similar BRP book to begin with.

The same will go for the GMsGuide due next year. Its a handy resource with some bonus material, but all the basic game needs is B61 and GORE (or BRP like base game).

So if you are on that much of a budget and dont want to spend the money ($1.25 for PDF and rought $9 for print with shipping) then Id stay away from it.

Sure I want you hard earned money but I also want to be true and honest with fellow gamers.

Thanks PK.

Oh, I am on a RPG budget for sure. I'm a stay-at-home dad with a two-year-old daugther and another daughter due on the 23rd of December.:)

My first child was born in CA when my wife and both worked and had good insurance. We're in CO now and just my wife working. Our insurance coverage isn't as good, and the second child is going to be costly out-of-pocket.

BRP Ze 32/420

Thanks PK.

Oh, I am on a RPG budget for sure. I'm a stay-at-home dad with a two-year-old daugther and another daughter due on the 23rd of December.:)

My first child was born in CA when my wife and both worked and had good insurance. We're in CO now and just my wife working. Our insurance coverage isn't as good, and the second child is going to be costly out-of-pocket.

Congrats on the family. Perhaps your daughter would like a copy of B61 for Xmas LOL >:->

I am working on a xmas themed short B61 introductory one shot adventure. But if it gets done in time is up for argument.

Holiday update. I will be releasing a Holiday Edition of B61, it will have a generic black cover with just the logo, include the optional character gen methods from the Player's Manual and hopefully a short adventure called "A MERRY BERLIN CHRISTMAS" included.

It will probably be reduced to a $2 PDF and be available for only a week or so.

The main rulebook will be available as a PDF for $1.50 during xmas week.

The first adventure for Berlin '61. Its Christmas time in Berlin and work is never done, especially when a cult is stalking your boss's wife, an evil ornament possesses you and a sprite from the past wants to eat young Joey's soul. Christmas Fun.

Is it a solo adventure? Any other adventures in the planning for us lazy GMs out here? ;)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

This is the first adventure, it is not a solo adventure. There are more planned. The next one Im writing is a espionage bonanza, hopefully 30 or so pages. Very little if any mythos related stuff in it.

Another writer is working on a mytho related adventured based around the construction of the berlin wall and another one is working on a sourcebook about Moscow.