WW2 careers

zace66

Hi there, although Im a long time role player, it has been years since I have run something, but I feel my turn is coming.

Now I was going to run a CoC game, but a couple of players have done everything, read all the books etc, so i want to venture away from that.

Having loved the CoC & RQ rule system, and hating 3.5, I have plumped for BRP, especially to get away from the d20 system.

Now i am thinking I want to run a WW2 game (I want to run sci-fi but I see the sci-fi /space ship monograph is being worked on (how would I get to test that?))

- in this ww2 game I want to basically take the players througha few daring raids - now to make it more fun I was thinking maybe dirty dozen style game.

What am i looking for here? Simply some soldier/officer/pilot/mechanic careers to give to the players. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Hi there, although Im a long time role player, it has been years since I have run something, but I feel my turn is coming.

Welcome to BRP Central zace66! :)

Now i am thinking I want to run a WW2 game

The Berlin 61 monograph is a good supplement to have for describing the weapons and equipment of those days.

(I want to run sci-fi but I see the sci-fi /space ship monograph is being worked on (how would I get to test that?))

Fractured Worlds have finished the playtesting phase, but Interplanetary is still playtesting. You would have to hear with Jason_Durall about that.

There's also the excellent Cthulhu Rising site with loads of free sci-fi stuff for Cthulhu, easily ported to a non-Cthulhu game.

SGL.

Edited by Trifletraxor
SGL, not SFL!

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Hey there, years ago I played in a convention scenario. It was CoC, and the party was made up of Allied spies infiltrating a Nazi group of Cthulhu worshippers.

I don't keep up with all the various products, so I don't know if that's fairly commonplace these days, but way back then it knocked our socks off. Maybe writing a similar scenario for your group would fill all your requirements?

I would be tempted to allow everyone to choose any profession but give them a base level of skills that suggests some level of training in the army. After all, we're talking about a period in which conscription is widespread - although everyone is competent with a firearm it isn't really what they do (unless they are one of the few professional soldiers).

There's also the excellent Cthulhu Rising site with loads of free sci-fi stuff for Cthulhu, easily ported to a non-Cthulhu game.

SGL.

If you're looking for scifi, I'll second this. I'll even third it if I can:thumb:

I've run a WW2 COC-scenario, but I didn't do much in the way of rules. Granted, the PC's didn't drive tanks or had much in the way of heavy weapons.

Chargen was basicly freeform, with players picking the skills that made sense.

Delta Green and Yoggie - Yog-Sothoth for Lovecraft & Cthulhu - has a number of militaristic scenarios available, as well as hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote up a modern day military background for MRQ a few years back. IT might be adaptable to BRP, or at least cn give your players a starting point. I'll try to dig it up.

Also, I am working on a vehicle supplement and have a few dozen WWII vehicles written up. This is a work in progress sort of thing, so the stats aren't final yet, but they should be close enough to use in a campaign. I can put up some of the stats.LEt me know if you need something in particular.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.