Does Love Forgive? – a special surprise release from Chaosium for Gen Con 2020!

MOB

322173.png.ae366136f5827feb9e57c4297e93fc2e.png

Does Love Forgive? is a collection of two special scenarios for Call of Cthulhu for one Keeper and one player. Great for a fun evening of gaming for two people. And perfect if you're currently in lockdown or socially isolating with a friend or loved one.

Each scenario can be played over the course of one to two sessions, and is suitable for Keepers of all experience levels.

Available now in PDF from Chaosium* and DriveThruRPG.

*purchase the PDF direct from Chaosium and you receive the full cost of the PDF off the printed version, which will be out later this year.

1335853626_ScreenShot2020-07-30at8_08_59pm.png.76e2d6a7ed977695a516a8bd6378b7e0.png

Based on Miłość ci wszystko wybaczy? by Airis Kamińska and Anna Maria Mazur, published for the Polish version of Call of Cthulhu in February 2020 by Black Monk Games.

This supplement is best used with the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set or the Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) roleplaying game.

986714726_ScreenShot2020-07-30at8_33_42pm.png.127e9ba98016360963057e25970f9ef1.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 9

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

I really like the idea of one-on-one scenarios. It just makes it all feel all the more Lovecraftian and noir.

Also, that image of the woman smoking the cigarette definitely reminds me of Desire from Neil Gaiman’s Sandman.

Edited by davewire
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here we speak with co-authors Anna Maria Mazur and Airis Kamińska. They wrote the original scenarios in Polish, which were originally published by our friends Black Monk Games. Lynne Hardy, Chaosium's associate editor for Call of Cthulhu, worked with Anna Maria and Airis on the English language version.

https://www.chaosium.com/blogdoes-love-forgive-interview-with-the-authors

530898687_AnnaMariaandAiris-DoesLoveForgive.png.e67a6c31208b2ce011e017f9e39628ce.png

• Like 5

Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu associate line editor Lynne Hardy worked on the English language version of Does Love Forgive?, our new collection of one-to-one scenarios that were originally published in Polish by our friends Black Monk Games. Here we talk to Lynne about the creative process of bringing the work of the Polish authors, Anna Maria Mazur and Airis Kamińska, to a new audience in English:

https://www.chaosium.com/blogdoes-love-forgive-interview-with-lynne-hardy-

2065869985_LynneDoesLoveForgive.png.585bf1250813db725cc6381b9a39d52b.png

• Like 3

• MOB unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic
  • 5 months later...
  • MOB unfeatured, pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

In hindsight, what I should have asked is...

Has this title already been submitted for printing (it was previously scheduled to be released in 2020)?

I see it is available to pre-order on some retailer websites (I'm in Canada), but what's making me reluctant to pre-order is the risk that doing so might delay a larger shipment of games for months if the printing of Does Love Forgive? will be postponed much longer. I usually order several items at once in order to save on shipping costs. While having a shipment delayed by a month or two is no big deal, if it's going to be much longer than that, then it wouldn't make sense for me to pre-order now.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

In Poland there is a book with ten one on one scenarios called "Face to face". It came out last december an  it contains above mentioned three scenarios and seven more. Maybe Chaosium is going with something similar in English language? Here is the cover. What I would like to see is some kind of mini campaign for one on one style of game. It would be so cool. Something between Alone Against the Dark and Mask of Nyarlathotep, maybe in Pulp Style? 

okladka.png

Edited by alter
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, alter said:

In Poland there is a book with ten one on one scenarios called "Face to face". It came out last december an  it contain above mentioned three scenarios and seven more. Maybe Chaosium is going with something similar in English language? Here is the cover.

I'd love to see that translated and / or similar original ones released.

1 hour ago, alter said:

What I would like to see is some kind of mini campaign for one on one style of game. It would be so cool. Something between Alone Against the Dark and Mask of Nyarlathotep, maybe in Pulp Style? 

That would be a dream come true. You don't know how long I've been waiting for something like that. It doesn't even have to be mini one 🙂 Something in the length of A Cold Fire Within would be perfect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stadi said:

That would be a dream come true. You don't know how long I've been waiting for something like that. It doesn't even have to be mini one 🙂 Something in the length of A Cold Fire Within would be perfect.

Yes @stadi, but with more globe trotting than Cold Fire Within and with good bunch of  helpfull NPCs, with lots of maps. Yes, Yes! I can imagine something like that. 

Edited by alter
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, alter said:

Yes @stadi, but with more globe trotting than Cold Fire Within and with good bunch of  helpfull NPCs, with lots of maps. Yes, Yes! I can imagine something like that. 

Exactly, A Cold Fire Within is the sweet spot length-wise for me, but it's too USA centric in the beginning and then gets too weird for my tastes. The Two Headed Serpent on the other hand is too long and too complex (again for my tastes) but I like the pulpiness and the globe-trotting.

• Like 1

For me both are greate for bigger groups. But there is no campaign for one player. I've run Masks of Nyarlathothep with Pulp Cthulhu rules for one player. I've learn a lot about such a big campaign from this experience. But it was a pain to scale everything down for just one player and too big in story for one player to remember and make notes. So something smaller but with glob trotting. Alone Against The Dark has some greate places inside. But it is for one player. Cold Fire Within and Two Headed Serpent are on my list of campaigns I want to run in future also but for a larger groups. 

• Like 1

John Hook have another four scenarios for one Keeper and one Player under His belt. But sadly they were part of Age of Cthulhu IX kickstarter, and now they are nowhere to be found. Sadly. I've got them, I've run them and they are superb. 

• Like 1