Where can I get a large map of Clearwine?

seasparrow

Where can I get a good, large map of the town of Clearwine? 

Either a file that I download and take to local copy shop to have them print on their large color plotter, or a poster-sized map that I order from a company?

Even better if the numbers and text entries are a separate layer that I can turn on and off for printing. Or just not on the poster map from the notional merchandise selling company. That way I can add my own label dots as needed. After all, I still have the smaller map from the GM screen to reference.

I seem to remember seeing a place where you could buy these maps, and even have pillows and duvet covers printed with them, but now I can't find it. 

Somehow the warranty on my eyes expired after my 40th birthday, and I'm squinting too much at these little pictures and tiny texts.

Clearwine, of course, is the town that is the royal seat of the Colymar tribe, in the nation of Sartar among the Dragon Pass region of Glorantha.

This map in the attached picture would be perfect, but bigger is better, or something similar to it. I'm not picky, just near-sighted. 

Or maybe a smarter, tech savvy person can tell me how to extract the existing Clearwine map from the GM Screen Map Pack (which I own) into a high resolution single file I can take to my local copy shop? But I am willing to pay for someone licensed by Chaosium who already sells this item. Seems like that would be easier all around.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

clearwine.jpg

Edited by seasparrow
typo

1 hour ago, seasparrow said:

I seem to remember seeing a place where you could buy these maps, and even have pillows and duvet covers printed with them, but now I can't find it. 

You're probably thinking of Chaosium's RedBubble store, but the Clearwine map isn't on there apparently.

1 hour ago, seasparrow said:

how to extract the existing Clearwine map from the GM Screen Map Pack (which I own) into a high resolution single file

You can do that with the PDF: open it in Acrobat Reader, click on the "arrow" button in the toolbar, click on the picture (it will become all blue), right click, select "Copy Image". Now, open some image program (like, say, Paint, on Windows), and paste the image in there (CTRL+V). Save as a JPG file.

It won't be high-resolution enough to have a good quality poster-sized print, however (the resolution of the PDF is, of course, set for Letter-sized printing) so you might see the pixels on the final paper. Also, the labels and location names are all embedded in the picture, so you won't be able to get rid of those. Chaosium would have to release the map specifically separately... which they might. There's been several requests recently about releasing "player versions" of maps.

• Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

It's a single file in the digital version of the GM Screen Pack: cha4029_clearwine_map.pdf

That's sized for 2x US Letter (17 inches wide x 11 inches tall).

Cheers, Nick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenh said:

Somewhat related, is the lack of accord between the number and labels on the map and the number and descriptions in the Points and Places section deliberate or just a mistake that hasn't been fixed yet?

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/runequest-gamemaster-pack/cha4029-game-master-screen-pack-qa/

Should be fixed in future printings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/7/2020 at 4:51 AM, Scotty said:

Will this be changing the book to match the map, or changing the map to match the book; or do both need to change?

If just the map... would Chaosium be willing to print extra copies of the map, maybe even offering a discount for folks who have bought through Chaosium?

C'es ne pas un .sig