Comprehensive Call of Cthulhu Scenario List

ColoradoCthulhu

I've recently been looking at Call of Cthulhu supplements that are no longer in print such as 'Fatal Experiments' from 1990 (which includes "The Lurker in the Crypt") and 1998's 'Dead Reckonings' (featuring the infamous "Behold the Mother") for possible scenarios to GM for my group. As Call of Cthulhu is an almost 40-year-old game, there is quite an impressive collection of earlier edition material which could be run for players when converted to the current 7th edition rules set.

I would have difficulty doing what I am about to propose, but someone else with the knowledge and available time might find this idea compelling. A complete list of all official Call of Cthulhu scenarios ever published could be compiled, organized by source and by date, with perhaps a brief description of each scenario (indicating period, experience level, and so on). Newer Keepers such as myself would find such a resource very useful while mining Chaosium's back catalog.

RPGnet has a search function that allows results to be sorted by publisher, system, and date. Below is the link to the search result for (nearly) all Call of Cthulhu publications from 1981 to the present, in alphabetical order.

Call of Cthulhu Publication List

If anyone would like to take on this project, please reply here. :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Given your knowledge of Call of Cthulhu games, I was wondering if you could offer me some advice. I'm trying to find a good jungle based "Lost World"/"Indiana Jones" type adventure for my Pulp Cthulhu game. Are there any published modules that would fit this description?

• Like 2

Heroquestelf

hotsaucejon@gmail.com

banner.jpg

42 minutes ago, Heroquestelf said:

Given your knowledge of Call of Cthulhu games, I was wondering if you could offer me some advice. I'm trying to find a good jungle based "Lost World"/"Indiana Jones" type adventure for my Pulp Cthulhu game. Are there any published modules that would fit this description?

I haven’t read it but Pagan published Mysteries of Mesoamerica that has 4 scenarios that might include jungles. See https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15691.phtml

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

2 hours ago, Heroquestelf said:

You didn't ask for this, but it strikes me that the pulp genre probably has a lot of games that meet your description that could easily be adapted to Pulp Cthulhu (with a little bit of work). First among these would be Steven Long's Inner Earth for Pulp Hero but there is also Lost World Tales for Daredevil Games. Lastly there is Castaways on the Inner Seas for Hollow Earth Expedition (HEX). Actually there is probably several applicable HEX scenarios since that is what the game focuses on.

Edited by rsanford
  • Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

17 hours ago, Heroquestelf said:

Check out the two scenarios in Terror from the Starswhich involve expeditions to British Honduras and Peru. The Thing at the Threshold  has an excellent third chapter set in a temple laden with traps that would not look out of place in an Indiana Jones movie. Alas, you need to trudge through the so-so first two parts of the campaign to get to it. When I ran the adventure back in the day, I had to re-write large parts of those two scenarios.