SoloQuest!

Inspector Zero

Hi - new to the forum, hello everyone.

Just a quick note to say that a SoloQuest written for Mongoose RuneQuest but compatible with BRP is available on DriveThru. It'd play well with RQIII as well.

It's lavishly, yes, lavishly illustrated and is ideal for times when you want to play but your buddies aren't around. The scenario takes you on a mission to recover an artefact stolen by villainous Trollkin hiding out in an abandoned monastery. But are the trollkin the villains and is everything quite what it seems?

A Trip To The Priory - Auxo Limited | DriveThruRPG.com

Have a look, buy if you like and let me know what you think.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

The second adventure "Shadows Over Aralem" in the RuneQuest solo series has just been published on Drive Thru' http://http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=64485

This time the action moves your character from the ruins of the priory to the heart of the city where the mystery deepens. Why is the thief-lord so keen to track you down, what secrets can you unearth in the ancient books of the Temple library, what is your employer up to and why does that bloody dwarf never stop smiling?

Solos are a great way to play RuneQuest/BRP if you can't get a group together for a game. Do yourself a favour and download yourself some fun.

These look like fun, but unfortunately, the "lavishly illustrated" bit is a turn off for me. If I bought something like this as a PDF, I'd want to print it and that's never going to happen with this amount graphics.

H'mm interesting. Dead tree versions are simply not a realistic option but I'd like to help if I can. I could make a stripped down version with the illos removed which would make the strain on your lil 'ol printer much less. Would you be interested in this?

BTW - what do you normally do with pdf products? The great majority have a fair amount of art content.

I could make a stripped down version with the illos removed which would make the strain on your lil 'ol printer much less. Would you be interested in this?

Yes, I would. In an ideal world, a PDF has no fancy backgrounds, very modest headers, and grayscale illos. :-)

The problem is probably that PDFs are used in two different ways, some prefer to print them, or at least bits of them while others only read them on screen. The latter group may prefer all the fancy stuff which makes them near impossible to print.

BTW - what do you normally do with pdf products?

Normally? Curse them. :) I don't buy all that much rpg stuff to begin with, I don't have a group to play with, but I've picked up some PDFs.

I've reluctantly printed some of the MRQ ones, but the BRP monographs are generally excellent for printing. Black text on white background. Printer, and wallet, heaven!

PDFs that are too graphics intensive for printing I simply won't buy unless there is some very compelling reason. I hate reading long texts on-screen. This may change in future though, as I'm getting interested in getting an e-reader. But, if I understand things correctly, those aren't generally happy with too heavy graphics either.

I think there was a thread on this very topic only a few days ago on rpg.net.

The problem is probably that PDFs are used in two different ways, some prefer to print them, or at least bits of them while others only read them on screen. The latter group may prefer all the fancy stuff which makes them near impossible to print.

The more illustrations the better! Just no fancy page borders and faded images behind the text. And colour rocks! My fancy new laser colour printer just loves those jobs! :cool:

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Someone ban that troll! >:->

Triff?:shocked::D

That would be rather problematic seeing how this is his website. :eek:

He might just do it though, so the "Banned Beetle" can even get banned from his own forum! Not that it would do much good though, since he would just return as the "Abused Aphid" or some such. :)

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

He might just do it though, so the "Banned Beetle" can even get banned from his own forum! Not that it would do much good though, since he would just return as the "Abused Aphid" or some such. :)

I could ban my IP adresse and go back to the scrambler, but then there would be no administrator to ban the next beetle, so it would be pointless. Otherwise I would surely do it! :D

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

This might be better and less expensive for solo play: Mythic Game Master Emulator

From what I understand of Mythic, I suspect they could work very well together. You could use it between SoloQuests for some semi-random fun but also ad (or possibly extend) scenes to a SoloQuest (where appropriate obviously). Effectively, you'd have a sort of campaign if you play a often.

I could ban my IP adresse and go back to the scrambler, but then there would be no administrator to ban the next beetle, so it would be pointless. Otherwise I would surely do it! :D

SGL.

It just seemed so you. To this day I'm amazed jut how fast you got banned at the Mongoose Forums. Especially since quite a few of us were quite vocal about our disatisfaction with MRQ.

P.S. You could always create another account and ban it for old times sake.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

From what I understand of Mythic, I suspect they could work very well together. You could use it between SoloQuests for some semi-random fun but also ad (or possibly extend) scenes to a SoloQuest (where appropriate obviously). Effectively, you'd have a sort of campaign if you play a often.

With Mythic, you can create a campaign out of anything, even if the idea is only two sentences long. It should work perfectly with SoloQuest if you want to make a campaign out of the SoloQuest adventure. And Mythic alone can create the illusion of a talented GM, as my friends and I found out! However, it will feel weird to anyone who's very used to having a GM run their games.

Edited by Dredj

I take it you have it and like it, Dredj?

Absolutely. I am immensely pleased with it, and so are my friends!

Personally, I consider it the single greatest thing to happen to rpgs after the creation of rpgs. And while I think it's awesome that people on this forum write up really cool scenarios, you can create the same thing with Mythic on the fly. I wish more people would give it a try. Though I realize it's a very different way of playing an rpg than just about anyone is used to.