Six Seasons in Sartar Campaign (Contains Spoilers!)

Trotsky

Back in the day when I played RPG's regularly I would always keep a campaign journal. On my return I have decided to keep it in the form of a saga. I am not a writer so the prose might not reach the desired standard for publication but it is really a bit of fun. I am trying to write the verse as soon after the session as possible and I do minimal editing (so you have been warned). I have been lucky to meet up with a great group of players online and have been encouraged to start this thread so if anyone wants to follow along they can. I did post one or two parts in my previous thread ‘Returning after 35 years.’

The campaign we are playing is based on the excellent Six Seasons in Sartar – some parts I have changed and I am expanding many of the ideas in the episodes section as recommended by the author Andrew Montgomery. I find the passions in RQ:G quite inspirational as a GM and most of the changes I have made are due in part to create dynamic tension and interesting choices for the characters based on their passions.

Anyway here goes…

Link to file on my Google Drive

Edited by Trotsky
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The map was a download from https://jaredblando.com. I wanted to have the construct as a vast interlocking machine - what happens in one location has an effect in another. I have kept a record of what the party did - in terms of pressing buttons, dials and such like. I the game we are using, there have been hints that the construct might hail from a time when Nysalor was hailed by the dwarves - and it could somehow be linked to the trollkin curse...

This is something the party might get back to - currently they have more immediate pressing matters they need to address...

Edited by Trotsky
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2020 at 9:03 PM, Trotsky said:

Here we go - next part of the campaign...

Link to Google Drive Document

Sorry if this has been asked before, but, where are the player's "figures" (markers maybe? I dont really know how to refer to those in english) from? Made by you maybe? They look terrific and after my experience today in a complex encounter with many enemies and directions, I'm starting to think that I should use maps and markers to help me and the players.

• Like 1

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

7 hours ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but, where are the player's "figures" (markers maybe? I dont really know how to refer to those in english) from? Made by you maybe? They look terrific and after my experience today in a complex encounter with many enemies and directions, I'm starting to think that I should use maps and markers to help me and the players.

"Token" or "Tokens" is the what I've often seen used. And I agree those are beautiful tokens. Are they available and are there more of them?

Edited by Bren

The tokens are from the Roll 20 marketplace – Jans Token Pack 16 – Ancient Greek Heroes.

I added the runes and a few extra things using photoshop. Septimus was a little trickier - as there was no great sword figures so had to modify that quite a bit.

esembled.jpg

Edited by Trotsky
Added graphic
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 4:41 AM, Trotsky said:

The tokens are from the Roll 20 marketplace – Jans Token Pack 16 – Ancient Greek Heroes.

I added the runes and a few extra things using photoshop. Septimus was a little trickier - as there was no great sword figures so had to modify that quite a bit.

You did a very nice job on the tatoos. Adding onto a 2D depiction of a curved surface like an arm is maybe a bit beyond my skill.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought to check Roll20 for Ancient tokens (just for D&D and Westerns). I'll give it a look.

• Like 1

Ben, the tokens are generally quite small so accuracy adding tattoos  and other things need not be that precise. It is all quite forgiving at that scale and it is nice for the players to have something personalised.

I’m pretty new to Roll 20 so if you find any other good tokens please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Trotsky said:

Here is the final instalment of Season 2 - the rescue of Gordanger - starts from page 27.

Link to Google Drive file

Here is the Thunder Tower map we used in its entirety...

Overveiw.thumb.jpg.1086956574c9b97aa74fc13921548989.jpg

Cool maps. Are they yours or from a supplement?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here