Dragonlance "Legends"?

Sathallarin

I am retrofitting the Dragonlance Saga for my gaming group, using the RQII/Legends system. Is anyone familiar with the setting, that has sound advice for the War of the Lance era? 

Note: I've been playing both D&D and RQ since 84. I've got a firm grasp of the different mechanics, and am looking for ideas that I may not have already covered.

I'm using "pacts" as described in "Guilds, Factions, and Cults" and "Elric of Melnibone".

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:30 AM, Sathallarin said:

I am retrofitting the Dragonlance Saga for my gaming group, using the RQII/Legends system. Is anyone familiar with the setting, that has sound advice for the War of the Lance era? 

Note: I've been playing both D&D and RQ since 84. I've got a firm grasp of the different mechanics, and am looking for ideas that I may not have already covered.

I'm using "pacts" as described in "Guilds, Factions, and Cults" and "Elric of Melnibone".

I am not familiar with the setting but I would love to hear your ideas. Dragonlance has always interested me!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 1 year later...

I know I'm very late to this party, but I gotta mention TDM's Classic Fantasy for Mythras.

You likely already know Mythras as the "next version" of MRQ2/Legend; well... Classic Fantasy is the way to run AD&D with the Mythras engine...

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 1:17 AM, g33k said:

I know I'm very late to this party, but I gotta mention TDM's Classic Fantasy for Mythras.

You likely already know Mythras as the "next version" of MRQ2/Legend; well... Classic Fantasy is the way to run AD&D with the Mythras engine...

This is exactly what I was thinking. It would be a snap to convert most of the setting conceits of DL to Classic Fantasy, particularly the knightly orders, towers of sorcery and so forth (of course you'd have to figure out what powers and abilities go along with each group). In some ways it would fit better than D&D's class structure, because a "class" in CF is almost more of a cult/guild/association relationship where you move up the ranks and gain additional abilities/powers/etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2022 at 9:41 AM, Nick J. said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. It would be a snap to convert most of the setting conceits of DL to Classic Fantasy, particularly the knightly orders, towers of sorcery and so forth (of course you'd have to figure out what powers and abilities go along with each group). In some ways it would fit better than D&D's class structure, because a "class" in CF is almost more of a cult/guild/association relationship where you move up the ranks and gain additional abilities/powers/etc.

Exactly.

Edited by DamonJynx

• 5 months later...

So, I know this is an oldish topic but I just saw it and wanted to point you towards Simon Lipscomb's RQ3 Dragonlance page!

https://web.archive.org/web/20060107112508/http://www.physiol.ox.ac.uk/~sl2/dl/dlmain.html

There are some real gems in his writeup, great myth write ups, and I particularly liked his take on the Towers of High Sorcery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

70/420